Rumour Carlton is the ‘frontrunner’ to acquire Giants gun Josh Kelly if he decides to leave GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Just don't think the Giants are ready yet emphasize YET..think 18.19.20 will be better than this year. Just don't think you guys are playing well enough (injuries good reason ).
I think we tend to be overrated anyway. All I know is at some point in September we'll get our chance, as will your lot and 6 other teams.

For those who were lucky enough to recall Phil Kelly playing for his beloved East Perth and then Greater Western Sydney and Carlton and St Kilda, Josh's silky skills will come as no surprise.

Indeed, Phil really developed as a player at East Perth under legendary Greater Western Sydney and Carlton and St Kilda figure Barry Cable.

Cable, who played in Greater Western Sydney's sole 1966 premiership, before famously coaching the Blues to a series of Grand Final wins over Collingwood where he passed his knowledge of the traditional Noongar art of "handball" to the men of Princes Park, is noted for buying a helicopter so he could fly over the suburb of North Melbourne, he hated the place and team that much.

As a child, Josh supported Greater Western Sydney, Carlton and St Kilda. He BFGWSCASTKAAK.

Such was the hate for North that Cable instilled in Phil, that father then passed on to son, the AFL changed the rules that saw Geelong snag heaps of father sons so Josh wouldn't have to go to North.

Every day we thank Satan for his generosity in this regard.

I think we tend to be overrated anyway. All I know is at some point in September we'll get our chance, as will your lot and 6 other teams.
More than likely. After tonight's game * Man who knows what's gunna happen?

Oh I see NOW it is received wisdom that Kelly won't be signing until after the finals aka he's leaving.

CARLTON is the frontrunner to acquire Greater Western Sydney midfielder Josh Kelly if he decides to leave the Giants, according to Brisbane champion Jonathan Brown.

Kelly’s stocks have only risen throughout the 2017 season after moving full-time into the midfield, with North Melbourne reportedly placing a deal worth approximately $9 million over nine years on the table.

Kelly and his manager Paul Connors met with Giants officials in Melbourne on Monday. The meeting was described as a ‘check-in discussion’ as to where the 22-year-old currently sits.

But Brown told Fox Footy’s On the Couch that although Kelly has been linked to the Kangaroos and St Kilda — who publicly pulled out of the race for Nat Fyfe last week — the Blues are “having a red hot crack”.

“Everyone’s talking about St Kilda and North Melbourne with Josh Kelly as his most likely landing spots if he does leave GWS. But my understanding is that Carlton is well and truly in this race,” Brown said.

“And it’s almost to the point where they’re the frontrunner in this race.

"He’s obviously got a connection with the Carlton boys, there’s a few of his ex-teammates there, he’s friends with a few of those boys that are at Carlton. He's got a good relationship with Stephen Silvagni.

“My understanding is behind the scenes Carlton is having a red hot crack for Kelly."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/car...n/news-story/bb1db85eb4bb51119fbfba25e475f408
Carlton sure are the front runners at the moment to sign Kelly if he decides to leave as sos is chasing hard.

For those who were lucky enough to recall Phil Kelly playing for his beloved East Perth and then Greater Western Sydney and Carlton and St Kilda, Josh's silky skills will come as no surprise.

Indeed, Phil really developed as a player at East Perth under legendary Greater Western Sydney and Carlton and St Kilda figure Barry Cable.

Cable, who played in Greater Western Sydney's sole 1966 premiership, before famously coaching the Blues to a series of Grand Final wins over Collingwood where he passed his knowledge of the traditional Noongar art of "handball" to the men of Princes Park, is noted for buying a helicopter so he could fly over the suburb of North Melbourne, he hated the place and team that much.

As a child, Josh supported Greater Western Sydney, Carlton and St Kilda. He BFGWSCASTKAAK.

Such was the hate for North that Cable instilled in Phil, that father then passed on to son, the AFL changed the rules that saw Geelong snag heaps of father sons so Josh wouldn't have to go to North.

Every day we thank Satan for his generosity in this regard.

What does this mean?

I have said before I can see a situation where Matthews with AFL connivance chucks a hissy fit and leaks the deal and we get the first "NRL situation" where Kelly is announced as leaving before end of season. Won't be CONFIRMED to North but everybody will know.

This will tick three major boxes in the Footy Universe:

1) A first. North inevitably are the first at doing stuff.

2) Sooner or later, like Good Friday, this "NRL situation" was going to happen. Gets it out of the way and we can move on to stressing out about something else.

3) It will provoke media flogs into their favoured po-faced faux morality pose about North that comes so naturally to them: "Cash-strapped North who shattered the integrity of the competition when they rested blokes against Richmond and once made a video with a rubber chicken and Carey rooted Stevos missus they also bought 75 through the 150 year rule that only applied to them yesterday conducted a tiger kidnapping on legendary East Perth player Phil Kelly and stole his son and now Lindsay Thomas is teaching him to dive" This is good as it keeps them out of the rub and tug before lunchtime at leastr.

I believe Lachie Henderson announced his intentions to go to Geelong and Carlton told him to pack his locker up and move on.

Ensured he wouldn't get injured and lower trade value as a result.

The world didn't end!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back