Carlton Issued With Pls Explain Over Cheer Squad Chant

Remove this Banner Ad

Simple, don't abuse umpires who are just performing their job to that degree and you wont get fined.
Must run in the Carlton blood like how Daisy got fined for calling the boundary umpire a cheat. Really? How low do you have to be to say that to a bloke who just throws the ball back into play and has control over 1% of decisions in games.

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Simple, don't abuse umpires who are just performing their job to that degree and you wont get fined.
Must run in the Carlton blood like how Daisy got fined for calling the boundary umpire a cheat. Really? How low do you have to be to say that to a bloke who just throws the ball back into play and has control over 1% of decisions in games.

Yeah it’s definitely only a Carlton thing to dislike umpires

Apr 25, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
stirling senators
Pretty self explanatory no one disagrees I don't see a problem.

Anyway heres a purple teletuby they never get old.

images-3.jpg

Last edited:
Listening to mcclure the blues have been asked to explain their cheer squad chanting 'Umps a wan.ker!' during the game. facing potential fine.

such bullcrap. thats not overboard. precious pricks.
That is so rubbish.

At least they're staying all game and they are making noise.
Went to a game against the blues 10+ years ago and we were beating them so bad some of their cheersquad had gone home by the 4th quarter :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 25, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
stirling senators
Went to a game against the blues 10+ years ago and we were beating them so bad some of their cheersquad had gone home by the 4th quarter :$

Exactly passionate supporters its all healthy its all good.I have no issues with supporters who go to games and get involved saying what they think.Whereas in Perth the biggest Eagles hating Fremantle supporters are ones who don't actully watch much Dockers on tv let alone ever go to a game.Nothing to do with this thread I know but the continuous stupid s**t you cope socially and at work from them gets very tiresome.

Last edited:
Homophobic chants have been part of Aussie sporting culture for decades.

They are **** and it's about time we grew out of it.

Don't think fining a cheer squad is going to help though.

Wut?

Yeah it’s definitely only a Carlton thing to dislike umpires
I was didn't direct my opening sentence to just Carlton, though in the context of the OP I found it interesting to see the relationship Carlton has with umpires recently.
To make it clear, I think it's repugnant no matter the team.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Shocked that a Geelong supporter inserts a comment how good Geelong is in a thread about the Carlton cheer squad chant about umpires

swiftdog

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2005
melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Good. The disrespect umpires get is ridiculous and flows-on to all sports at grassroots level. Pretty sure there was a story a couple of weeks back of an adult abusing a junior umpire during/after a match. These are the people we hope will be umpiring our elite-level sport in 10-20+ years time. I hope the same people constantly complaining about “umpiring standards” are happy to keep quiet about it in 20 years time when there are no umpires left. Seriously, why would someone want to get into/continue umpiring when they know they’re in for a career of getting scolded every week?

And no, I’m no angel and have had my share of frustration towards umpiring decisions (both as a player and supporter) but have certainly made an effort to change my attitude in the last few years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back