Carlton Issued With Pls Explain Over Cheer Squad Chant

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't the AFL learn anything from the election result on the weekend?

Stop trying to tell people what to say/think.

Succinctly put.

You pay at the gate, you walk into the ground and as long as there is no violence as far as I am concerned - nothing is off-limits.

It is just another head shaker WTF type moment from the idiots running our great game currently.

Not surprised we are being singled out at all honestly.

Ruining our great game

This instance was from the Pies game where it was 8-24 and there were some very clear errors.
We had 12-2 at half time 10 from one umpire, now he was either th3 greatest umpire ever read into it what you like.

He is a cheat daisy was right

When people see 1 team received more frees in a game

"OH MY GOD THE UMPIRE MUST OF HEAVILY FAVOURED THAT TEAM!!!!"
Usually i agree with this but gee you guys got the rub of the Green in our game and no Pies supporters i know in real life ( and i work with a heap ) did not mention the charmed run they got.

One guy i work with offered me an 18pt head start for a slab of Beer on the Friday arvo and i refused it when i wanted 33 and he said no! Come Monday 6am his exact words were " Gee i would of felt guilty drinking it and the Umps are ****ed aren't they ? " . He was happy his team copped the good end of the stick while also being happy to admit it and it is all swings and roundabouts and just normal Umpiring from week to week, the consistency is just not there and our game had a heap of howlers and blatant non calls but it is what it is.

Fans can see it and we are not stupid and what are the AFL going to do next?

Ban the Bronx cheer?

Addressed in multiple previous posts. Since when did I say this wasn't an issue at Collingwood matches, let alone other teams as well?
TLDR; Generally disagreeing with decisions is fine and harmless (even booing is fine), but organising entire cheer squad chants calling umpires w***ers and directly telling boundary umpires that they're cheats is simply not on.

The highlighted bit ... there's nothing wrong with that and how could you seriously take that to heart?

The highlighted bit ... there's nothing wrong with that and how could you seriously take that to heart?
The Cheersquad represents the Carlton football club in an official capacity and it's against the code of conduct implemented by the club that they are bound by.

Rightly or wrongly, it is what it is and both parties would be justified in asking for a response.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As one of my friends said, it will get to a point where the AFL will be holding up signs to give permission for the crowd to clap or make a noise. There has to be a level of how far you take your moral high ground which is exactly what the AFL is trying to do at the moment (Which is a complete and utter joke given their recent stances on the Essendon doping saga etc).

A lot of AFL games already sound like you are sitting in a library and yet they want to try and stamp it out even more?

As one of my friends said, it will get to a point where the AFL will be holding up signs to give permission for the crowd to clap or make a noise. There has to be a level of how far you take your moral high ground which is exactly what the AFL is trying to do at the moment (Which is a complete and utter joke given their recent stances on the Essendon doping saga etc).

A lot of AFL games already sound like you are sitting in a library and yet they want to try and stamp it out even more?

They can play pre recorded cheering, plenty available in mp3

They can play pre recorded cheering, plenty available in mp

Because they represent Carlton officially as a club and they probably wouldn't like to be represented in that way.
It's a deliberate attempt to belittle and intimidate, making it unnecessarily personal when an umpire is simply performing their job. It's just wrong and improper for a club-sanctioned group calling umpires w***ers in that manner. God knows we may have no umpires left in 10-20 years time, who would want to enter a profession like that? Seen enough abuse at local footy matches toward junior umpires to know the toll it can have later down the line.

Because they represent Carlton officially as a club and they probably wouldn't like to be represented in that way.
It's a deliberate attempt to belittle and intimidate, making it unnecessarily personal when an umpire is simply performing their job. It's just wrong and improper for a club-sanctioned group calling umpires w***ers in that manner. God knows we may have no umpires left in 10-20 years time, who would want to enter a profession like that? Seen enough abuse at local footy matches toward junior umpires to know the toll it can have later down the line.

no one would want to do a job just because they are called w***ers? Really????

Remove this Banner Ad

Back