Club History Carlton Juniors - Appealing for History

May 9, 2011
VIC
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
San Francisco Giants
Hi guys. I'm trying to follow up on a few of my father's early sporting endeavours. He played for the Carlton Under 17s side in 70' and 71', but we can't seem to find any photos or info about these teams on the 'Blueseum' page.
I'm not sure whether this is be the smartest way to go about this, so if anybody has any ideas of whom I should contact in order to get some more info, please tell.
Thanks guys.

May 9, 2011
VIC
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
San Francisco Giants
Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Unfortunately no. On the Juniors page it reads at the bottom "By the 1970 Annual Report there was no mention of either in the 4ths or 5ths"
So I'm not really sure what other avenues of research are available.

Contact Tony De Bolfo at the Club.

He is our Clubs historian.

You can also find him on Twitter @tony_debolfo

Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sunderland,Pelicans, LA Kings
Unfortunately no. On the Juniors page it reads at the bottom "By the 1970 Annual Report there was no mention of either in the 4ths or 5ths"
So I'm not really sure what other avenues of research are available.
SFgiant There were no Carlton junior teams after Ron Barassi arrived in 1965. My brother was a Carlton 5ths player when Barassi gave the boys the boot. Although Robbo was 8 at the time I remember the outcome vividly. A group of interested parents decided to create a club of its own named Carlton Colts. Still wore the Carlton jumpers. This team played in the Northern Districts Football League and fielded teams in u11s, u13s, u15s and u17s. It's home ground was McAlister Oval in Park Street Brunswick not far from Princes Park. The club existed for about a decade before it was taken over by a Brunswick team looking for junior feeder teams. I played in excess of 150 junior games for the Carlton Colts from 1967 until my last year in 1974. I would have been a couple of years behind your father. I'm 60 next birthday born in 1957. 1970 I played u13s, 1971 I played u15s. Unlike the EDFL, the NDFL has disappeared. I've looked but there doesn't appear to be any historical records concerning the NDFL. Good luck with your search.

Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
image.jpeg

I took a stroll down memory lane in February last year.

May 9, 2011
VIC
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
San Francisco Giants
Contact Tony De Bolfo at the Club.

He is our Clubs historian.

You can also find him on Twitter @tony_debolfo

Thanks for that. Will do.

SFgiant There were no Carlton junior teams after Ron Barassi arrived in 1965. My brother was a Carlton 5ths player when Barassi gave the boys the boot. Although Robbo was 8 at the time I remember the outcome vividly. A group of interested parents decided to create a club of its own named Carlton Colts. Still wore the Carlton jumpers. This team played in the Northern Districts Football League and fielded teams in u11s, u13s, u15s and u17s. It's home ground was McAlister Oval in Park Street Brunswick not far from Princes Park. The club existed for about a decade before it was taken over by a Brunswick team looking for junior feeder teams. I played in excess of 150 junior games for the Carlton Colts from 1967 until my last year in 1974. I would have been a couple of years behind your father. I'm 60 next birthday born in 1957. 1970 I played u13s, 1971 I played u15s. Unlike the EDFL, the NDFL has disappeared. I've looked but there doesn't appear to be any historical records concerning the NDFL. Good luck with your search.

That's news to my father. He always thought that they were affiliated with the Blues. This might explain the trouble he had transferring to Darley in '73, as Darley perhaps kept trying to contact the VFL side instead of the NDFL side in order to organise the move.

I've tried tracking down the lineage of the Colts side to find whether a club has retained the history, but I've yet to find anything of use. Looks like another dead end.

might help if you lot had a name - I understand the poster's preference for anonymity but it might turn out to be a name someone readily recognizes

His (our) last name is especially unique, yet a google search has come up with nothing. An U17s team photo in 1970 or 1971 is what we're after, and I'm sure it'd have all the required info in the header. So I doubt anybody would need his name, but I'd be ok with sending a PM if anyone is that keen to help.

not hard to support the best sporting archive going around

ps: a ******* sporting museum just spoke to me...........
Is this like the other voices in your head?

Back