2020 Carlton List - Ages, height, games, goals, goal average *Ages as of round 1, 2020

All ages as of 19th March 2020 - Round 1 vs Richmond

2020 List 19 March 2020.JPG

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2003
Melbourne
With the list sorted by age, I don't see anyone above Docherty in the table (perhaps Jones aside) that is likely to figure in premiership number 17 - but perhaps 14-15 below him that appear to be likely long-term players, all separated by just 5 years of age.

One would hope SOS will add at least two to that number in November, so it's taking shape - but there's much work still to do, and it'll be fascinating to see how the list is managed from here.

Any chance of getting a contract end date column? Would be a very handy reference with that.

I have inserted the ones we have knowledge of.

Chance of an 'average' row for the next update? Thanks

Added. Had to work the age average out myself as I can't get my head around how to do the formula for that format. Not my forte.

Note that the average age will probably come down by nearly a year once the drafts are over.

Senior

Plowman Jones Docherty
Byrne Weitering Marchbank
Cuningham Cripps Lang
Kreuzer Kennedy Murphy
C Curnow Casboult Pickett
J Silvagni McKay Wright

Williamson Petrevski-Seton E Curnow Simpson

VFL

White Glass-McCasker ____
Thomas A Silvagni Macreadie
Smedts Graham Boekhorst
Lobbe Kerridge Fisher
Lamb Rowe Polson
Phillips Kerr LeBois

#3 #10 #30 ______

Of course injuries will play their part but can you imagine how much better the VFL side will be with ASOS and Rowe filling key posts, Lobbe in the ruck and the leadership of Thomas?

Last edited:
Senior

Plowman Jones Docherty
Byrne Weitering Marchbank
Cuningham Cripps Lang
Kreuzer Kennedy Murphy
C Curnow Casboult Pickett
J Silvagni McKay Wright

Williamson Petrevski-Seton E Curnow Simpson

VFL

White Glass-McCasker ____
Thomas A Silvagni ______
Smedts Graham Boekhorst
Lobbe Kerridge Fisher
Lamb Rowe Polson
Phillips Kerr LeBois

#3 #10 #30 ______

Of course injuries will play their part but can you imagine how much better the VFL side will be with ASOS and Rowe filling key posts, Lobbe in the ruck and the leadership of Thomas?
McCreadie?

kjr8

Club Legend
Sep 10, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
By end of 2018, I’d expect only 2 of the >29yo to still be on the list (ie Murph, ASOS - maybe). With natural, internal progression and perhaps a top-up of elite, established talent, we can see SOS’ plan coming to life.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

BlueRenaissance

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
List profile looks good - better than three years ago. Feels we are missing 1-2 AA quality though. But not discounting generic growth of Charlie, Marchy, Samo, Weits etc...

Thinking Silvagni is building a full 22 of 7.5/10 rated players. Untaggable, unstoppable. No Dusty types!

BlueRenaissance

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Even if we draft Rayner?...

Does that mean you also think that Cripps, Charlie, Samo, Weitering, etc all have a ceiling of 75%?

Geez, putting me on the spot. Obv i can't tell which if any will become the next Dusty or Buddy type. Neither could SoS when drafting kids at 17.

My point is more of an attainable ideal - an awesome situation if possible. This way Carlton aren't held to ransom by a player like Richmond (Dusty) have been and Sydney before them (Buddy). Those contracts severely restrict the oncoming years. Tiges got their flag but that doesnt mean it's the only way. A cross the board group of 7.5 rated players would (in theory) see Carlton stay up longer than maybe a tigers outfit.

athensblue

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2006
South of France
AFL Club
Carlton
need a few 11/10's to win a flag though and that's what all this is about.

don't want Carlton to be thereabouts. want us to get to 17 before * ; and 18 soon after, as we are living through the longest drought in the clubs history. Have been sold the 66 game rebuild and I like what I see, but 22 games to go and counting.

Results are all that matter.

on a lighter note, good to hear another Mullett may be going around in Navy blue next year. Sticks would be happy

Aug 30, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Geez, putting me on the spot. Obv i can't tell which if any will become the next Dusty or Buddy type. Neither could SoS when drafting kids at 17.

My point is more of an attainable ideal - an awesome situation if possible. This way Carlton aren't held to ransom by a player like Richmond (Dusty) have been and Sydney before them (Buddy). Those contracts severely restrict the oncoming years. Tiges got their flag but that doesnt mean it's the only way. A cross the board group of 7.5 rated players would (in theory) see Carlton stay up longer than maybe a tigers outfit.

I do get what you're saying though and I tend to agree. Over the course of the last year and particularly the last couple of months I'm really cooling on the idea of paying through the teeth for Lynch or any other 'messiah' player, especially if it's going to make things more difficult to retain players when our young list matures and are in contention for some kind of success.

Have added Mullett and removed Boekhorst, White and Smedts.

Have inserted spreadsheet as an actual spreadsheet, not just a cut and paste adding an average age formula and hopefully the ages will always be current to the day they are being looked at. Will check on that tomorrow.

DavidTeague2005

Debutant
Oct 22, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Have added Mullett and removed Boekhorst, White and Smedts.

Have inserted spreadsheet as an actual spreadsheet, not just a cut and paste adding an average age formula and hopefully the ages will always be current to the day they are being looked at. Will check on that tomorrow.
Hi ODN,

Instead of using column D and changing the date everyday, use the TODAY() function. This gives you the date every time you refresh calculations or re-open the file.

For example, the formula for Simmo's age is: =DATEDIF(C2,TODAY(),"y") &" years,"&DATEDIF(C2,TODAY(),"ym") &" months," &DATEDIF(C2,TODAY(),"md") &" days"

Edit: I didn't realize column D was itself the TODAY() function, apologies! Unnecessary step but I suppose improves readability for other users.

Last edited:
Hi ODN,

Instead of using column D and changing the date everyday, use the TODAY() function. This gives you the date every time you refresh calculations or re-open the file.

For example, the formula for Simmo's age is: =DATEDIF(C2,TODAY(),"y") &" years,"&DATEDIF(C2,TODAY(),"ym") &" months," &DATEDIF(C2,TODAY(),"md") &" days"

Edit: I didn't realize column D was itself the TODAY() function, apologies! Unnecessary step but I suppose improves readability for other users.

Column D creates Column E. I usually hide Column D but it automatically showed itself when I published it.

I see it hasn't updated though so I'll have another look. It's been a long long time since I did the most basic excel training. Google has been my friend. I'll look at your formula.

Back