2020 Carlton List - Ages, height, games, goals, goal average *Ages as of round 1, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll just leave these here

Dylan Shiel: 25yo, 182cm, 82kg, 135 games, 64 goals, midfielder
Mitch McGovern: 23yo: 190cm, 89kg, 48 games, 67 goals, forward
Will Setterfield: 20yo, 190cm, 82kg, 2 games, 0 goals, midfielder
Sam Walsh: 18yo, 183cm, 74kg, 0 games, 0 goals, midfielder

:)

Will our age profile finally go up a bit this coming season?
Seems we'll only add a few teenagers ?

Will our age profile finally go up a bit this coming season?
Seems we'll only add a few teenagers ?

Only through natural aging, not through adding experienced players. What we have done is added some players to our age profile gap who are of a higher standard than the ones we have removed from that gap.

Docherty is 25 now, Cripps will be 24 when the season starts. We just have to wait for those coming through underneath them and go again for free agents and gun trades next season.

Gone since 2016.

Walker
Gibbs
Buckley
Boek
Lamb
Rainbow
Jaksch
Sumner
Wiley
Tutt
Smith
Armfield
Foster
Dick
Graham
Everett
Gorridge
Jamo
Tuoey
White
Wright
Sheehan
Gowers
Galucci
Wood
Byrne
JGM
Korcheck
Shaw
A silvagni
Mcdaid.

Entered since.

C.Curnow
Weitering
McKay
Silvagni
Kennedy
Dow
O'Brien
SPS
TDK
Lang
Schumacher
Garlett
Marchbank
Macreadie
Lobb
Fisher
Cunningham
Williamson
Polson
Pickett
Phillips
Kerr
Lebois
Mcgovern
Fasolo
Setterfield
Newman
Stocker
Walsh
Owies
O'Dwyer
Bugg
Goddard
Bsos

Probably missed a few as I've had a few bday tins but s**t we've built a serious list in a few short yrs. Gonna be actually hard to pick a team next yr if all fit.

Talent
Talent
Talent
Depth
Depth
Depth.

Amazing rebuild really

Comparing the average age, for 1st of March 2018 vs 2019

2018 - 23.61
2019 - 23.49

Predicting same time next year, that will start an upward trend

Will be interesting to see.

Think with the likely departures of Simpson, Daisy, Phillips and Casboult, we may see that figure go down for one more year, and it could do so quite significantly depending on who we bring into the club.

Gone since 2016.

Walker
Gibbs
Buckley
Boek
Lamb
Rainbow
Jaksch
Sumner
Wiley
Tutt
Smith
Armfield
Foster
Dick
Graham
Everett
Gorridge
Jamo
Tuoey
White
Wright
Sheehan
Gowers
Galucci
Wood
Byrne
JGM
Korcheck
Shaw
A silvagni
Mcdaid.

Entered since.

C.Curnow
Weitering
McKay
Silvagni
Kennedy
Dow
O'Brien
SPS
TDK
Lang
Schumacher
Garlett
Marchbank
Macreadie
Lobb
Fisher
Cunningham
Williamson
Polson
Pickett
Phillips
Kerr
Lebois
Mcgovern
Fasolo
Setterfield
Newman
Stocker
Walsh
Owies
O'Dwyer
Bugg
Goddard
Bsos

Probably missed a few as I've had a few bday tins but s**t we've built a serious list in a few short yrs. Gonna be actually hard to pick a team next yr if all fit.

Talent
Talent
Talent
Depth
Depth
Depth.

Amazing rebuild really
Lots of new exciting names but not a lot consistent output. In the Bolton years, our competitiveness had/has been driven by Gibbs, Murphy, Kreuzer, Simpson and Ed Curnow. In addition, Cripps and Docherty, and to a lesser extent, Charlie, are really the only youth that have stepped up their potential to consistent AFL quality performance since 2015. We're still a long way from being out of the s**t, but the the good thing is it's really all about on-field action now, no more excuses. A talented list has undoubtedly been assembled, now the promise has to be realised.

Can we be the young team that has the unexpected rise for once? Please?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The quality in the middle tier is improving but the quantity still isn't where we need it.

24 of the 44 on our list is 21 years old and under still.

Will be interesting to see.

Think with the likely departures of Simpson, Daisy, Phillips and Casboult, we may see that figure go down for one more year, and it could do so quite significantly depending on who we bring into the club.

Correct, will be interesting.

Created a scenario where I removed Murphy, Thomas and Simmo and replacing them with 3 x 20 year olds, for the start of 2020. The average age still went up.

I really believe, this is ground zero, both with performances (needs to be) and with the average age of the list

Lots of new exciting names but not a lot consistent output. In the Bolton years, our competitiveness had/has been driven by Gibbs, Murphy, Kreuzer, Simpson and Ed Curnow. In addition, Cripps and Docherty, and to a lesser extent, Charlie, are really the only youth that have stepped up their potential to consistent AFL quality performance since 2015. We're still a long way from being out of the s**t, but the the good thing is it's really all about on-field action now, no more excuses. A talented list has undoubtedly been assembled, now the promise has to be realised.

Can we be the young team that has the unexpected rise for once? Please?

I have a new theory - when our inside ball is being generated by Cripps, Dow, Setterfield, Kennedy, Walsh, Stocker and Fisher over the next two years it will lead to better follow up possessions (I50s or D50s). This could be because these players appear to be more team oriented / release players then say Gibbs, Murph or Ed who tend or tended to just whack it on the boot when generating clearances.

This is my convoluted way of saying I think our competitiveness will increase when these guys are not the primary ball winners and not because of the volume but of the quality of ball use.

The bonus will be it should be then in the hands of SPS, Williamson, LOB and Docherty are talented kickers to advantage.

Comparing the average age, for 1st of March 2018 vs 2019

2018 - 23.61
2019 - 23.49

Predicting same time next year, that will start an upward trend

List changes, average age of players as a group, as at 26/11/2018

Gone - 26.22 years old
Alex Silvagni 31 YRS - 58 Days
Sam Rowe 31 YRS - 7 Days
Matthew Wright 28 YRS - 346 Days
Matt Shaw 26 YRS - 294 Days
Aaron Mullet 26 YRS - 276 Days
Cameron O'Shea 26 YRS - 257 Days
Jed Lamb 26 YRS - 37 Days
Sam Kerridge 25 YRS - 213 Days
Nick Graham 24 YRS - 166 Days
Ciaran Byrne 23 YRS - 355 Days
Jesse Glass-McCasker 21 YRS - 326 Days
Cillian McDaid 21 YRS - 103 Days

New - 22.00 years old
Alex Fasolo 26 YRS - 109 Days
Nic Newman 25 YRS - 314 Days
Tomas Bugg 25 YRS - 234 Days
Mitch McGovern 24 YRS - 45 Days
Hugh Goddard 22 YRS - 93 Days
Matthew Owies 21 YRS - 251 Days
Liam Stocker 18 YRS - 307 Days
Ben Silvagni 18 YRS - 202 Days
Sam Walsh 18 YRS - 146 Days
Finbar O'Dwyer 18 YRS - 124 Days

So we've actually decreased our 24-27 age group.

We have brought players in to help out in this regard over the last couple of years but on the cheap as we had to build through the draft.

Of course these cheap purchases are the first on the chopping block each year and we bring in more.

The only way to build this peak age quota is via trades once we have finished going to the draft, and through natural aging of the young players.

It's not something you can just take care of in a year or two.

I guess we could argue that we should have used next year's 1st rounder as trade bait for more than just chasing Shiel, instead of using it to get another 18 year old. However, we kept a first round presence and I am certain we will trade that and our 2020 first next draft period.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back