Carlton Merchandise needs a complete overhaul

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone purchased the new training top or singlet? I got mine delivered in the mail today and found the quality really poor considering the top was $90 and the singlet was $80. The CareerOne logo looks like it's been super glued on and it just feels cheap. Anyone else feel the same?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is a good thread, noting in our merchandise shop is real appealing. I think they need to go outside and a have a look around at what people are wearing and wearing to the footy, add a touch of Carlton to it. It's all a bit tacky, nothing you'd casually wear which is odd coming from a club who's guernsey and monogram are anything but. I guess some of the stuff is alright, perhaps a few premium quality items? You can't even buy a genuine playing guernsey anymore (they are all replicas).

Looks like Nike have thrown the towel in.

Yes, they used to have stock items for all Australian clubs they sponsored (with each in the appropriate colourway - navy for us, maroon and yellow for the Broncos etc), but now we're getting off the rack apparel with heat pressed embellishments. Our logo, the sponsors etc, they're all ironed on, not sublimated or stitched.

I'd be ringing the three stripes and seeing if they'd like us on board. What Nike continue to serve up is very underwhelming and under done; but there's nothing the club can do, save searching for greener pastures.

would never enter their head to use a supporter focus group for ideas..........imagine the creative flair of something ticked off by some of the knowledgeable fashionistas on here - and the size range to cover Sheik and HBF......

would never enter their head to use a supporter focus group for ideas..........
I'm no designer, but surely if they're going the off-the-rack approach we could get better gear than what they've got.

Why not do a vote on a range of clash guernseys? Put out 3-4 options and open it up to a vote amongst fans. Go wild with a few of the designs, too. Clash jumpers are no canvas on which to be conservative. Have some fun with them.

It's a shame the Cats have beaten us - and everyone - to the rugby-style shirt. You know why soccer clubs sell so many kits? Because they're a T-shirt! They're an everyday fashion item. How awesome would a little collar look? I'm spitballing, but surely we could use our colours to come up with something quite nice.

Think the International Rules shirt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm no designer, but surely if they're going the off-the-rack approach we could get better gear than what they've got.

Why not do a vote on a range of clash guernseys? Put out 3-4 options and open it up to a vote amongst fans. Go wild with a few of the designs, too. Clash jumpers are no canvas on which to be conservative. Have some fun with them.

It's a shame the Cats have beaten us - and everyone - to the rugby-style shirt. You know why soccer clubs sell so many kits? Because they're a T-shirt! They're an everyday fashion item. How awesome would a little collar look? I'm spitballing, but surely we could use our colours to come up with something quite nice.

Think the International Rules shirt.

ughhh no thanks.

Makes me think of sleeved NBA jerseys. Soon as you put sleeves on a jersey, it quickly becomes a shirt

pass

ughhh no thanks.

Makes me think of sleeved NBA jerseys. Soon as you put sleeves on a jersey, it quickly becomes a shirt

pass
That's the point.

What's the great quote from Moneyball, "the first man through the wall always gets bloody."

I'd much rather we attempt to innovate and fall short of the mark - whatever that might be - than continue to stumble along afraid of what people might think or, heaven forbid, say.

Carlton Shop will be having a sale this Saturday 10/12/16 between 10am and 4pm. In store only.

ShopSaleDec10Article_620X370.jpg

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2016-12-08/carlton-shop-to-host-warehouse-sale

Details:

Time: Saturday 10 December, 10am – 4pm

Location: The Carlton Shop & George Harris Room (next to café)

The Carlton Shop will be hosting a pop-up warehouse sale at Ikon Park this Saturday 10 December.

With posters, badges, t-shirts, jackets, jumpers, pyjamas and accessories all priced to go, you won’t want to miss out on this bumper end-of-year sale.
Anyone who spends $30 on sale items will receive a free pair of Carlton Quicksilver board shorts, so there’s plenty of incentive to stock up for Christmas.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back