carlton or north who will make their next grand final first?

Remove this Banner Ad

TimmeT

Premiership Player
Mar 28, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
next year is 21 years for both sides since they last played off against each other. who has got more upside in the short term or near future. for me it is carlton as they have some excellent young talent coming through that could take them there.

IMO Carlton has the better youth, but it doesn't count for much if you don't have the right person in charge to guide them.

Both Teague and Shaw are early in their coaching stints, how they develop as coach as much as the players they have will go a long way to who wins this contest.

IMO Carlton has the better youth, but it doesn't count for much if you don't have the right person in charge to guide them.

Both Teague and Shaw are early in their coaching stints, how they develop as coach as much as the players they have will go a long way to who wins this contest.

Many teams have good young players.

If I had to bet id guess North.

This will be good.

neither of them will even get top eight in the next 10 years,bleak futures both of them to go with theyre bleak pasts,especially Carltons last 17 yrs...really who do Carlton have ??...Cripps...thats it...hes the only one that hurts you...Seventeen years of drafting in the top 10 and yet Carlton are still pathetic...
Now theyre paying a bloke a million who cant even crack a game at the embarrassing GC,think about it..thats more than Dangerfield gets...:rolleyes:
CARLTON = DE LUSIONAL...theyre best player over the last 18yrs

Last edited:
I can see North making the finals on a regular basis but not really being a serious contender. That appears to be the case for the last 20 years and I don't think that's going to change any time soon.

Carlton could be looking at making grand finals in the next 3-4 years. A lot of that will depend on how they replace their aging stars who would either be retired or on their last legs ( Murphy, Simpson, Kreuzer etc). If they manage to get A grade players through trade or free agency they should be contending. If they are unable to then they would be a middle of the road side who may make finals but not a serious contender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

neither of them will even get top eight in the next 10 years,bleak futures both of them to go with theyre bleak pasts,especially Carltons last 17 yrs...really who do Carlton have ??...Cripps...thats it...hes the only one that hurts you...Seventeen years of drafting in the top 10 and yet Carlton are still pathetic...
Now theyre paying a bloke a million who cant even crack a game at the embarrassing GC,think about it..thats more than Dangerfield gets...:rolleyes:
CARLTON = DELUSIONAL
Wow is he on more than Dangerfield?

Surely you are trolling. Carlton’s list is good enough to contend for a top 8 spot next year, let alone in the next 10 years.

lol what even is this language

Regarding this thread, I am going with Carlton. I personally think it’s time that Carlton start contending again. They have the talent, they have a new coach and they have a decent gameplan. All they need now is the confidence to jump up into the top 4-8, and they should be doing this within the next 2 years in my opinion.

North Melbourne didn’t go through the traditional rebuild that Carlton did so it may take them a bit longer to get enough talent to make the Grand Final. However, North already have the confidence to make the 8 and contend unlike Carlton due to recent finals experience.

It’s really a battle of confidence vs talent here if any of them make the Grand Final in the next couple of years.

I can see North making the finals on a regular basis but not really being a serious contender. That appears to be the case for the last 20 years and I don't think that's going to change any time soon.

Carlton could be looking at making grand finals in the next 3-4 years. A lot of that will depend on how they replace their aging stars who would either be retired or on their last legs ( Murphy, Simpson, Kreuzer etc). If they manage to get A grade players through trade or free agency they should be contending. If they are unable to then they would be a middle of the road side who may make finals but not a serious contender.

It changed for you guys & the doggies, why is North any different ?

They will make it the same year as the Northern Blues after they merge to make room for Tassie.

Or alternatively Carlton as they seem to be building a more balanced list and will replace their aging players better.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back