Club History Carlton Past Player Videos

Remove this Banner Ad

SpiritOfCarlton

All Australian
Nov 30, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Hi Everyone,

One of the projects that the Spirit of Carlton Past and Present has been working on over the last few years is to document as much as possible on video every Carlton past player.

So far we have been able to provide videos for over 200 Carlton past players. Nothing like this exists for any other club.

We have been working chronologically and so far we have just completed editing highlights for the 1984 season.

So we have a lot more players to come (some pretty darn good ones as well ;) ).

If you have many hours to kill you can see most of our videos on the following pages.

Our youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/SpiritofCarltonTV
Or our page ordered by player name http://spiritofcarlton.com.au/blog/player-videos/

During this year we will be releasing about a video a week based on the 1984 season.

Our latest upload is Wayne Blackwell. I love this video, you forget how good players were sometimes. This video shows very clearly what a great year Blackwell had for the Blues in 1984. I especially love the big tackle on dipper about 2/3rds of the way through the video.

I will continue to post these videos on youtube during the year. If you would like me to post them here as well please let me know. I do not want to spam the forum, but I hope you would be interested in these pieces of history of the Carlton Football Club.

Keep 'em coming, love your work.

Won't be long until someone at another club copies the idea, it is a good one.

I will continue to post these videos on youtube during the year. If you would like me to post them here as well please let me know. I do not want to spam the forum, but I hope you would be interested in these pieces of history of the Carlton Football Club.

Spam as much as you like SOC. :thumbsu:

we have room for a zillion moronic pretend fantasy footy threads - this is as least relevant to carlton.........
You will have a fantasy about this thread and you'll like it.

You will have a fantasy about this thread and you'll like it.
Jeremias gets his way and turns the place into a kids game parlour - do we have to buy tickets to ride the dream-team roller coaster? will HBF make the height limit?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeremias gets his way and turns the place into a kids game parlour - do we have to buy tickets to ride the dream-team roller coaster? will HBF make the height limit?
All rides free of charge.

If HBF sneaks onto the ride while no one is looking, good luck to him.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

So far this year we have been going in alphabetical order so in terms of senior player we have already released Alvin, Ashman, Austin. For non-senior players in 1984 we have also released Simpson, Gumley and Starbuck. I have included the seniors videos below. If you are interested in the others just search for them on youtube, they should come up in search results. Next video will be the one and only Jimmy Buckley's 1984 season later in the week.

Time for our latest video and the good news it is someone we have not covered as yet.

This video is highlights from Peter Dean's debut season for the Blues in 1984.

It is an impressive grouping of highlights from a young player just starting out. When you see play like this you know there is every chance the player is going to go on to big things. Something to look out for this year with our debutants.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back