Carlton player Liam Jones refusing vax - Update: Jones retires from AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Your personal attacks mean nothing to me. They’re uneducated and come from a position of ignorance.
Most of the people I know that got vaccinated have gone quiet over the last 6 months. They used to preach from the same position of ignorance. Now they say nothing. Maybe it’s because they regret their decision based on the lack of take up for the booster and now second booster that was never a possibility originally.
Maybe they just gave up conversing on the subject with someone coming from such an idiotic position. Seems a lot more likely.

Maybe they just gave up conversing on the subject with someone coming from such an idiotic position. Seems a lot more likely.
Occam’s Razor.

Even if it was ‘experimental’ drugs, what a success this experiment has been. Billions of doses, reduced deaths and hospitalisations compared to earlier waves, less side effects than some more established drugs.

Last edited:
Maybe it’s because they regret their decision based on the lack of take up for the booster and now second booster that was never a possibility originally.
It's amazing.

I often have a chocolate biscuit then regret it as I see that other people ignore the biscuits. I get another, but it is so terrible to see all these people spurning the Tim Tams. I shut up about it entirely.

Mental health, physical health, whatever. Stop being such a thought nazi and a bully.
WTf?

You still haven't answered the question.

What was going to cause him to lose his health?

I've read the forums pretty comprehensively Chief, particularly those which you have 'contributed' to or 'moderated' heavily. Most replies you make to points of view you disagree with end up in personal sledging or anecdotal mutterings about chocolate biscuits or some such.

People are free to do and choose as they wish, which they are doing and that's ok.

What was going to cause Liam Jones to lose his health? Mental or otherwise?

It seems that you're paranoid I meant something nefarious by what I said. It was a general remark in a celebratory context that he has his health and is able to play AFL.

I'd have thought you'd be more worried about AFL players being able to elect to not get the booster than by a punter celebrating Liam's health.

I don't know about you but I believe being singled out in the media and forced into retirement for making a medical decision which in no way impacts his ability to do his job in any capacity (however stupid you believe it to be), might have some impact on his mental health.

I think topped off by the fact that there was no issue with him playing QLD state league footy just makes the whole policy a little absurd.

I think topped off by the fact that there was no issue with him playing QLD state league footy just makes the whole policy a little absurd.

don't need to fly to play state footy.

whether you agree with the AFL's mandate or not (I do) it was largely out of their hands due to rules in the various states.

don't need to fly to play state footy.

whether you agree with the AFL's mandate or not (I do) it was largely out of their hands due to rules in the various states.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it was only WA left by the time the AFL season started and this was removed shortly after?

I think NRL was operating fairly normally on the east coast without introducing a blanket mandate.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it was only WA left by the time the AFL season started and this was removed shortly after?

I think NRL was operating fairly normally on the east coast without introducing a blanket mandate.

I’m not sure - I think the airlines also had vax mandates though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not sure - I think the airlines also had vax mandates though.
Only Qantas (and its subsidiary Jetstar) so the actual getting to the place wouldn't have been the issue.

Would mainly depend on the border rules/workplace rules in each state.

Effectively Vic residents could fly to NSW and go to any hospitality venue/effectively do anything without a vaccine certificate since December 2021, but then come back and be locked out of the pub and going to the footy in their own state.

But anyway back to Jones himself, now that the AFL has dropped the mandate - can he be picked up in the end of season draft by another club or does he have to wait until next years mid-season as he officially retired?

But anyway back to Jones himself, now that the AFL has dropped the mandate - can he be picked up in the end of season draft by another club or does he have to wait until next years mid-season as he officially retired?
That depends on the AFL.

Technically he is meant to have to wait until next years mid season draft. Carlton will want some sort of compensation if the league let him come back earlier than that.

Preparing to sign with his old club, the Bulldogs. Carlton may get compo.

Amazing that in spite of the evidence that’s right in front of them, you still get people talking about those like Liam Jones as ‘stupid’ (ie risking his life by not taking the vaccine), and ‘selfish’ (ie risking others health by not taking the vaccine).
He’s neither.
There is clear evidence that risk of covid harm for healthy people in his age group is negligible. The data backs this up.
There is clear evidence that the vaccine has done pretty much nothing to prevent the spread of covid. Again, the data backs this up.
Most of Australia lost their minds in 2020, and it seems some of us are still struggling with basic logic and reasoning.

There is clear evidence that risk of covid harm for healthy people in his age group is negligible. The data backs this up.
There is clear evidence that the vaccine has done pretty much nothing to prevent the spread of covid. Again, the data backs this up.
Most of Australia lost their minds in 2020, and it seems some of us are still struggling with basic logic and reasoning.
Yeah see ya.

Amazing that in spite of the evidence that’s right in front of them, you still get people talking about those like Liam Jones as ‘stupid’ (ie risking his life by not taking the vaccine), and ‘selfish’ (ie risking others health by not taking the vaccine).
He’s neither.
When you say evidence, you mean things you googled, and not actual data used by scientists and health professionals, yes?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back