News Carlton reportedly agree to 10 year deal with Puma

Remove this Banner Ad

McClure's not too bad I don't think. But that's for another thread

If this is true, it's fantastic news for Carlton. Puma have done an outstanding job with Richmond, so the same quality should carry over to Carlton. If Geelong choose not to renew with Cotton On at the end of this season (which is highly unlikely anyway) I hope we partner with Puma.

Still can't believe we're not with Puma anymore and have to deal with ISC's incompetence all while Carlton(!!!) are getting 10 year deals. Would really love to know what went down between WC and Puma.

Guess I can dry my tears with a flag, but still...

Still can't believe we're not with Puma anymore and have to deal with ISC's incompetence all while Carlton(!!!) are getting 10 year deals. Would really love to know what went down between WC and Puma.

Guess I can dry my tears with a flag, but still...
puma would have got carlton dirt cheap being the reigning wooden spooners and if they finally pull their finger out they will sell a heap of merch. could be a good get for puma

wonder if they'll actually be navy blue next year, not black. puma seemed to fix richmond's colours to an extent, hope they can do the same with the blues.
Richmond are a copy of dortmund now pretty much which is disappointing. all they do is copy and paste the rfc logo onto dortmund gear

and their bloody fluro yellow is much brighter than anything we have worn in our history

still a million times better than BLK though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as Nike have butchered the Blues, it was genuinely iconic and probably the longest, most generation-spanning partnership in footy. A real shame. I loved that look.

Still, Puma is a very good get, but I have a feeling they'll either nail the colour and make it that perfect navy blue that's properly dark but shades a blue tinge in the sun or else they'll * it completely and make it black.

As much as Nike have butchered the Blues, it was genuinely iconic and probably the longest, most generation-spanning partnership in footy. A real shame. I loved that look.

Still, Puma is a very good get, but I have a feeling they'll either nail the colour and make it that perfect navy blue that's properly dark but shades a blue tinge in the sun or else they'll **** it completely and make it black.

I love how you say Nike and Blues are iconic, maybe I am showing my age here but you should have seen how the you know what hit the fan in the mid nineties when Nike first signed with Carlton and left Adidas who they had been with them for decades.

Kouta was the first player that had a sponsorship clash caused by the manufacturer change as he was with Adidas and became the first player to wear different boots to the official sponsor officially.

Justin Madden used Blades painted them black with 3 white stripes down the side in the early nineties

How times change

One thing we can say about Carlton is they don’t change manufactures very often:)

puma would have got carlton dirt cheap being the reigning wooden spooners and if they finally pull their finger out they will sell a heap of merch. could be a good get for puma

3AW are reporting its $10 million for 10 years - the most lucrative merchandising contract in footy.

I don't think being wooden spooners means much as Puma are seeing big picture.

Last edited:
Richmond are a copy of dortmund now pretty much which is disappointing. all they do is copy and paste the rfc logo onto dortmund gear

and their bloody fluro yellow is much brighter than anything we have worn in our history

still a million times better than BLK though
Dortmund wear sleeveless tops? :p
Honestly off-field gear, especially in different codes and countries, if the colours match...

Carlton have been with Nike since 1998
The last of the original apparel sponsors at one club

Like West Coast and SGIO, it's a great innings. Although in this case, the batter (Nike) came out flying, hitting everything out of the middle of the bat and they were on fire. As the innings wore on, their shots became more average, and eventually the copious amounts of nicks and edges to the slips and keeper were caught

In comparison to the twenty-two seasons Nike and Carlton shared, Richmond has been with Lotto, Nike, one that used the Tigers logo on the collar (Contend, Compact?), Hummel, Rbk/Reebok, KooGa, BLK and finally Puma in the same time period.

It's strange and actually quite interesting that one club can keep going and going with the same company for twenty-one years while others change at a rate of once every 2.63 years

The Blues are officially Oxford Blue, Pantone 282, #041e42, rgb(4, 30, 66), cmyk(94%, 55%, 0%, 74%) .

I suspect this will be specifically requested from the Club for Puma.

The Blues are officially Oxford Blue, Pantone 282, #041e42, rgb(4, 30, 66), cmyk(94%, 55%, 0%, 74%) .

they werent anywhere near that colour in the last few years with nike although it could be the material that made it look darker?

if puma use that colour it will look amazing

A19F4285-F2D2-4B7F-B929-81886EEED9DE.jpeg

That's a better shade of blue than what has actually been used the past couple of seasons.
There was a change in material and I think most people agree that it appeared almost black. Perhaps it was due to how the dye took to the fabric.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know which shade of blue was used on West Coast's tri-panel by Puma?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back