2nds Carlton Reserves 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Dow BOG in practice match this weekend. Marchbank good in his return.
Owies 3 goals.

Didn't realise there was a photoshop filter that could make Dow look like Billy Gowers:

DowAug9Website.jpg

It's like a Little League game :)

These games make it very difficult to judge the form of flankers due to reduced congestion.

On the other hand, the work of inside midfielders should not be discredited as they still get the opportunity to beat their opponent one on one at the stoppages.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These games make it very difficult to judge the form of flankers due to reduced congestion.

On the other hand, the work of inside midfielders should not be discredited as they still get the opportunity to beat their opponent one on one at the stoppages.
Agreed.

Although the 12 v 12 format is not ideal (the amount of space in the forward line is ridiculous), I was impressed by Dow’s physique (looks much bigger through the legs and upper body) and his ability to stand up in tackles in wet conditions and either get a handball off to a teammate or burst away from the tackler. Look forward to seeing him back in the seniors soon.

Agreed.

Although the 12 v 12 format is not ideal (the amount of space in the forward line is ridiculous), I was impressed by Dow’s physique (looks much bigger through the legs and upper body) and his ability to stand up in tackles in wet conditions and either get a handball off to a teammate or burst away from the tackler. Look forward to seeing him back in the seniors soon.

Dow looked like a man playing against kids in those highlights. No one could tackle him or bring him to ground.

He's going to be a beauty. Just needs a clean run with injuries.

I know pictures can be deceiving but I just do not believe that's Paddy Dow.

That's not the skinny under-developed kid we've seen at senior level. That's not a 20 year old kid in his 3rd season of senior footy.

That's a 25 year old man who has been in the system for years who has gone through his fair share of full AFL preseasons.

Honestly if that's not Nic Newman then I really have to get my eyes checked.

The physical transformation since we saw him last at senior level is ******* unbelievable.

That's not the skinny under-developed kid we've seen at senior level. That's not a 20 year old kid in his 3rd season of senior footy.

That's a 25 year old man who has been in the system for years who has gone through his fair share of full AFL preseasons.

The physical transformation since we saw him last at senior level is ******* unbelievable.
Haha agreee
The photo they put up of him 1-2 weeks back I sent it to group chat mates and said “supposedly this is dow?”

To be fair, the haircut alone would make his shoulders look incredibly broad given the boof head he was sporting. :p

He's definitely put on more muscle again through the second pre-season, we just haven't seen that much of him in training and reserve match footage. I think the best news here is that all the muscle was in the lower legs, the core and the upper body, because his thighs needed nothing added...

The Russell factor??
obviously new(in conjunction with others) that he needed to get a lot stronger through the core and upper body and good on him for using the time in which he couldn’t run to put muscle/strength on.
It’s nearly like a free hit/new mature age recruit to be Brought straight in to our midfield with all the attributes we are crying out for imo

It’s actually since preseason. He was still very slight in the upper body 6 months ago. I suspect his leg injury has resulted in a ahitload of upper body work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back