2nds Carlton Reserves 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton goals

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/...dal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1618665784001
Some great highlights
Cuners surrounded 4 sharks shimmies handballs to Owies Goal
Honey weave through traffic passes to Cuners (better kick would have put him closer to goal). From 55m ball hits the back fence
Cuners gains the loose ball to Stoker to Honey to Durdin. From defensive 50 to goal in 10 seconds.
Loved how far Owies was able to move off the line for his set shot goal in the 3rd quarter.
LOB showing some of his great kicking

The footage made Stocker's game less impressive, though I'm sure Teague would have been thrilled seeing a gameplay tape that looked like one of his. Owies is another that looks less impressive through that footage, because he should be more explosive in his running than what was shown there.

Very happy with Durdin's progress, but he apparently only played half a game? Cuningham good to go, O'Brien building.

13. Liam Stocker
Stats: 38 disposals, two tackles, one goal.

It was an outstanding performance by Liam. He went out and played as a half back for the entire game, and off the back of that he had the ball 38 times which clearly suggests he had a great impact on the game. What he did do was he owned his defenders, so not necessarily playing a real long, hard lock-down role, but he owned the space which then allowed him to roll off and support and take some really good intercept marks. The beauty of Liam is that, yes he got some ball that was less about defending really hard and more about just putting himself in good positions to receive, but he used it extremely well. His weapon is by foot and that’s something that was prolific in his game in that he was able to pierce the ground with his foot skills.

As a defender, we want to see him really have a hard-nosed, defensive approach and that is something we’ve reviewed and talked through him with, particularly at a higher ball, the decision-making process, ‘does he fly or stay down and defend his man?’ They were just some things that we looked at with him.

FYI Kayo Sports is showing the VFL / curtain raiser live at 11 am if you are too lazy or unable to go to it this Saturday (in my case most certainly the former)

I am too much of an Onslow to head out that early on what I presume will be a chilly Saturday morning at PP

8mP3FK9.gif

Can’t understand the sense in playing Stocker off half back in the 2s when it’s a position we already have plenty of options for. Surely he should be playing midfield in the 2s to develop all of his game.

Can’t understand the sense in playing Stocker off half back in the 2s when it’s a position we already have plenty of options for. Surely he should be playing midfield in the 2s to develop all of his game.

We're literally out of AFL listed defenders... and Stock won't be playing midfield all day if/when he gets a game in the ones.

Rd 3 & 4 fixture been revealed.

Round 3 Essendon vs Carlton, 12:05pm @ Windy Hill; Broadcast on Channel 7 in Vic and streamed on 7plus nationally

Round 4 Footscray vs Carlton, 12:05pm @ Western Oval; Broadcast on Channel 7 in Vic and streamed on 7plus nationally

So with the Brisbane game on Kayo this week, we have 3 broadcasted games in a row coming up 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are the chances that our list management team has targeted players to play in our VFL team, that they think are possibilities to take the step to AFL?

Who in particular is the most likely type? I remember Parsons playing some good games and Stoddart being talked up, but never coming good.

What are the chances that our list management team has targeted players to play in our VFL team, that they think are possibilities to take the step to AFL?

Very good I'd say, though they're not going to be working off a huge sample size.

There's a bit over a month until the draft and they've only played the one competitive match as a group.

Who in particular is the most likely type? I remember Parsons playing some good games and Stoddart being talked up, but never coming good.

Crocker and Maher would have to be in the mix given both trained with the senior side over the off-season.

There are quite a few others in the squad who have played senior footy/been on AFL lists or in academies, but not sure many will be serious chances for the MSD.

Just wondering, anyone know where I can find player stats for the VFL games?

EDIT: All good, finally found I can get the stats via Footylive App.

Last edited:

Surprisingly have gone light on the KPP, only Wooller ex-BL.

We had 6 ex-AFL on the w/end
Parsons, Crocker, North, Wooller, Stoddart & then Cody Hirst another along with rookie Reynolds from Sydney, the latter not getting a game.

A

If anyone's interested, this is a link to the VFL squad including player number, height, weight and club they'll be playing for if they aren't running out for the blues

On CPH1877 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Alex Mirkov sounds interesting , 21yr old 210cm 105kg ! That's a big boy !

I think we are more likely to take someone outside our Vfl.

Of the Vfl players I think Wooller, Radovanovic, Maher, Crocker most likely.

A

Alex Mirkov sounds interesting , 21yr old 210cm 105kg ! That's a big boy !
Very raw with little ruck craft. Was thrashed by Thurgood and Crossley who have both been on AFL lists. Needed to jump past the ball to take into account his heavier opponent pushing him backwards in the contest

Very raw with little ruck craft. Was thrashed by Thurgood and Crossley who have both been on AFL lists. Needed to jump past the ball to take into account his heavier opponent pushing him backwards in the contest
Thanks for the insight mate 👍

It would be interesting to know how our rotations were impacted with Philp and Durdin not playing the last 3rd of the game and with Radovanovic copping a massive collision in the 3rd quarter.

Could well have had a massive impact on the team in the last.

It was his 1st Home and Away senior game of football. He will be ok. Massive jump from where he has come.

Does anyone know if you can watch the replay with 7 Plus, like you can on Kayo, or is it live and that's it?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back