2nds Carlton Reserves 2021

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
Looks like there must be a strong breeze favouring the outer goals at Ikon. 5 goals to nil this qutr for blues. Crocker 6 goals.As at 20 min mark 3rd qutr. 120 to 63.
The Heatley stand no longer there so maybe a breeze was going directly where that used to be and draught down ground towards Legends Stand end. Will be interesting to see if that happens more often.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Where can I find the VFL game day thread? Looked everywhere for Ess v Us, and no can find.

Sammoll

Club Legend
Apr 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne City FC, Southampton FC
Round 5 & 6 VFL fixture has been released.

We have a bye in Round 5 (which lines up with Rd 9 in AFL). A bye on the VFL is always annoying because we want everyone to be playing a game every week, especially those returning from injury but it is what it is.

In Round 6 we get another Channel 7 televised game!
Sunday May 27 Carlton vs Box Hill @ Ikon Park, 12.05pm televised on 7 in Vic and steamed on 7Plus nationally.

A sunday VFL game following a Saturday AFL game is pretty ideal in my eyes. Means we don’t have to hold over any emergencies and ensures everyone gets to play that week. Could even mean whoever the medical sub is on Saturday still gets a run if they remain inactivated.

Jul 7, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Josh Honey, may not have the aerial ability of MM but would like to see again at AFL level.
Carlton Coaches' Corner | Josh Honey

I thought you were referring to Marc Murphy’s high leaping for a second there. I didn’t expect the president to be posting on BigFooty.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton

How good would it be to see a Carlton VFL player win the Frosty Miller Medal, given Frosty played for the club many moons ago (kicked 6 goals in one of his games for us)?

Mar 1, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
carlton
Loving the great job the club are doing with the write ups of the senior players playing in the VFL. Gives us more of an insight into what the players are being asked to do in order to earna senior spot, and how they are performing.

Nov 14, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton

But let's not select him. let another club swoop in and do it. I would take him just for the tatoos and haircut. Make him look tough, and might make the others stand up.

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"

Rnd 7 - The Blues will face the Swans at the SCG in Round 7 as a curtain raiser for the AFL game on Sunday 30 May.
Carlton Reserves will kick off the double-header at 11.30am (AEST) followed by the AFL side at 3.20pm

Rnd 8 - Carlton will take on Williamstown at Downer Oval on Sunday 6 June at 12.05pm (AEST)

Nov 3, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sandringham Zebras, Melbourne Renegades

Now that we have had 4 proper VFL games, we are able to get a great look into those who are really pushing for AFL selection. Honey, Dow and LOB are those who I'd be keeping an eye on, with Setters, Kennedy, Philp and Willo showing good signs too.

Could we potentially see Newnes come out for LOB this week?

Nov 3, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sandringham Zebras, Melbourne Renegades

Rnd 7 - The Blues will face the Swans at the SCG in Round 7 as a curtain raiser for the AFL game on Sunday 30 May.
Carlton Reserves will kick off the double-header at 11.30am (AEST) followed by the AFL side at 3.20pm

Rnd 8 - Carlton will take on Williamstown at Downer Oval on Sunday 6 June at 12.05pm (AEST)

Those in Sydney are so lucky. Wish we could have a double-header like that at the G or at Marvel.

Back