2nds Carlton Reserves 2021

Lace_Out

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 1, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Game V Bullants will be live streamed again this week.

Hopefully this time it works properly as I doubt there will be a back up via the Ants, like we had thanks to Port Melb.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

ianh

Team Captain
Oct 14, 2008
Narre Warren South
AFL Club
Carlton
The team list is as follows:

4. Lochie O'Brien, 16. Jack Carroll, 17. Brodie Kemp, 24. Nic Newman, 26. Luke Parks, 29. Corey Durdin, 31. Tom Williamson, 33. Sam Ramsay, 36. Josh Honey, 37. Jordan Boyd, 46. Matthew Cottrell, 50. Ryley Stoddart, 51. Tom North, 52. James Parsons, 55. Toby Wooller, 57. Cody Hirst, 60. Aaron Gundry, 61. Luke Goetz, 62. Ben Crocker, 64. Cooper Stephens, 71. Stefan Radovanovic, 74. Ben Caluzzi, 77. Ed Delany, 78. Joel Trudgeon, 79. Dale Marshall, 80. Matt Shannon

In: Ed Delany, Luke Goetz*, Aaron Gundry, Dale Marshall, Nic Newman, Luke Parks, Sam Ramsay, Joel Trudgeon* (Northern Knights)
Out: Levi Casboult (suspension), Alex Mirkov (knee), Marc Murphy (AFL selection), Sam Petrevski-Seton (AFL selection)

Supposing Josh Honey is medical sub - it could be any of the 4 emergencies but he's the one I'd like to see rewrded, then the line-up could be something like:

Josh Honey – seniors medical sub

B Nic Newman Stefan Radovanovic Ed Delany

HB Lochie O'Brien Brodie Kemp Luke Parks

C Tom Williamson Joel Trudgeon* Jordan Boyd

HF Jack Carroll Toby Wooller James Parsons

F Aaron Gundry Ben Crocker Corey Durdin

Foll Luke Goetz* Matthew Cottrell Sam Ramsay

INT from Ryley Stoddart, Tom North, Cooper Stephens, Ben Caluzzi, Dale Marshall, Matt Shannon, Cody Hirst

New names – Joel Trudgeon Northern Knights skipper an inside bull (185cm 90kg) who works hard tackles hard and uses the ball beautifully by hand. Lot to like about this kid.
Luke Goetz 201cm 97kg ex Dogs rookie who “failed to find his feet” and was let go 5 years ago with the comment:
“It was mutually agreed that the level of commitment required to be an AFL player was too difficult for Luke at this stage of his life”
Now 23yo has a mature body, might be worth looking at as a cheap option to have on the list in case of an injury plague to rucks such as we now have. Perhaps the added maturity could have solved the commitment issue? Don’t know what he has been doing in the interim – he signed at Altona then played 4 games for Essendon reserves in 2019 but I don’t know since then.

The team as structured at least has decent height back and forward and in the ruck - not a bad start, Newman gives experience and O'Brien run and hopefully precision delivery (he has the reputation as an elite user but I see way too many bad disposals from him mixed in with the good- perhaps halfback launcher works for him), Williamson and Boyd to the wings to use their wheels and disposal, Trudgeon in the middle to see if he can bully grown men like he does U18s. That bench I reckon is mighty strong for a VFL side.
Bullants squad (some familiar names)
Tom Wilson Zac Hart Jean-Luc Velissaris, Liam Mackie, Billy Murphy, Glenn Strachan, Dylan Stone, William Mitchell, Sunny Brazier, Matthew King, Tim Jones, Jack Murphy, Hisham Kerbatieh, Paul Ahern, Tynan Smith, Mutaz El Nour, Douglas Lawrence, Nathan Honey, Ben Hurley, Jack Boyd, Ben Silvagni, Harrison Kennedy, Matthew Gundry, Tom Mills, Kye Quirk, Daniel Hughes

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
2 more added to the list:-

Welcome Luke & David!

The Carlton Reserves have been able to bolster their stocks for the second half of the season.

Luke Goetz and David Handley will join the Blues for the VFL competition, with Harry Reynolds departing the Club and Owen King (knee) being moved to the long-term injury list.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
Looked on youtube to see some of game but barely see a Carlton listed player out there.
Maybe 9 at best which means most of team not even on our AFL list. No wonder we lost.
Shows the AFL needs bigger lists than what we got, although right now our injury list is quite long so was always a stretch this week. Still 40 on senior list and about 8 on rookie list to me seems more what we should be doing once get through Co-Vid affected seasons.
The Medical Sub rule in AFL also steals another player from the reserves team.
They need to stop letting coaches abuse the interchange system.
Should be every player can come off the ground once a game and second time during playing time is last. If someone concussed it not counted when someone comes on and off for him but no 5th interchange bench player called medical sub. Four on bench is plenty to deal with injuries. That extra 5th bench player just been stealing from reserve team.

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Can someone direct me to the reserves game day Thread today against Coburg. Buggered if I can find it anywhere. 😡

It's on our main Board.

Back