2nds Carlton Reserves 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Charlie Curnow played in a scratch match today and got through unscathed.

Word is 'he is ready.' Could have been playing a month ago but has been held back by the club with a really conservative approach.

He will likely be given another week of match practice/VFL form to get his conditioning right.

The match was played with a handful of Demons, Hawks, Pies and Carlton players.

Josh Honey looked great again. Dangerous as a forward.

Jack Carroll and Sam Ramsay ticks as well.
Two years out of the game, he plays a patched up scratch match and you want to play him in the seniors. What could possibly go wrong with this scenario??

Two years out of the game, he plays a patched up scratch match and you want to play him in the seniors. What could possibly go wrong with this scenario??

Not exactly sure where in that post I said I wanted him to play seniors. The post stated he will likely be given another week to prepare and condition himself for senior football.

He has been in full training for a while now and is expected to play within the next few weeks. None of those statements are opinion.

Nothing other than Jon Ralph's comments at this point.
Not good enough by the club, when the media know more than the supporters. What's happened to the club media department? With the seniors current predicament with injuries, we as supporters are curious to know who is playing well enough to be considered for promotion. Eddie Betts & Williams need to be replaced this week, maybe Harry may miss again. How did Charlie, Honey, Carroll, Ramsay, Kemp all go in the scratch match? 😕

Last edited:
Not good enough by the club, when the media know more than the supporters. What's happened to the club media department? With the seniors current predicament with injuries, we as supporters are curious to know who is playing well enough to be considered for promotion. Eddie Betts & Williams need to be replaced this week, maybe Harry may miss again. How did Charlie, Honey, Carroll, Ramsay, Kemp all go in the scratch match? 😕
I think you're being impatient, Tuesday last week is when commentary on the last practice match showed up.

We're in lockdown.

In Round 16, the Carlton Reserves will take on Sandringham at Trevor Barker Beach Oval on Saturday 31st July at 12pm (AEST).

Unfortunately, no crowds will be permitted to attend the game, but streaming options will be released closer to the day.

Damn it TBO is only 5 mins from my place. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome (back) to Carlton: Andrew Phillips

He stayed in Melbourne as he's just had a kid, Essendon requested he get some VFL time this weekend to stay fit, we accepted given our lack of talls in both sides.

So he'll play for Us against Sandringham.

Backs:Sam Ramsay Luke ParksStefan Radovanovic
Half-backs:Alex CincottaBrodie KempRyley Stoddart
Centreline:Marc MurphyMatt CottrellLachie Fogarty
Half-forwards:Mitch McGovernToby WoollerJames Parsons
Forwards:David HandleyBen CrockerCorey Durdin
Followers:Andrew PhillipsSam Petrevski-SetonJack Carroll
Interchange:Zavier MaherTom NorthFraser Phillips
Cooper Stephens
Emergency:Dale MarshallMatt ShannonZane Barzen
Cody Hirst

Sounds like SPS and Fogarty got a lot of the ball. What you want to see when omitted from senior team.
Good stuff.
Looks like we had nine listed players in the game.
Mitch McGovern played and kicked 2 goals I see on stats.
Ramsay, Carroll, Kemp, Durdin, Cotttrell and Parks the other players.
Ex-Carlton player, Flipper, played in ruck for us as our list managers do not go with enough this season and Essendon were in Queensland so Flip needed a game to get some match under his belt.

Sounds like SPS and Fogarty got a lot of the ball. What you want to see when omitted from senior team.
Good stuff.
Ex-Carlton player, Flipper, played in ruck for us as our list managers do not go with enough this season and Essendon were in Queensland so Flip needed a game to get some match under his belt.
..and to think we used to criticize the NRL for changing clubs mid season. Now we have a former ruckman who crossed to the scum and he is welcomed back with open arms. AFL clubs get so touchy if a player decides to move on. NRL make the most use of him, whereas the AFL immediately believes the player has no more value.

Good stuff.
Is Kemp ever going to get his chance?

Is Kemp ever going to get his chance?
I think he will but when exactly is hard to say. If TDK does not play I think it would be stupid not to pick him.
We need ruck back up and although Kemp cannot provide that, he can indirectly help out if he was in team playing down back where he being eased back to footy in the reserves. If he does that, it allows the team to use Liam Jones for more rucking with no genuine rucks in the team. He is our best bet to win a few tap outs if TDK not going to play. If Kemp down back to help Weitering it gives the team more options. But these clowns did not pick him against North, so no guarantee they will pick him even if TDK does not play. Be good if he got a debut game before end of season. I'm sure next season he will get a lot of games no matter who the coach is then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back