VFL Carlton Reserves 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

The pies were stacked with players who played a similar role ( Stephenson, Elliot, WHE, Thomas).
He was at the Crows during the Covid year and had is fathers health issue to deal with.

No one else gave Hayes a ago does that make that decision wrong?
I suppose you were one of those Lambert fans who kept saying "Oh, give him a go in the seniors"...........wait..............

Crocker plays as an undersized full forward at VFL. Don't think the way he plays would translate at AFL level. He also misses alot of easy shots on goal and is pretty selfish when it comes to burning team mates in better positions.
He's in the Nick Sautner/Dean Galea/Patty Rose mould but not as good. Quick on the lead and good hands. Doesn't translate at AFL level.

Also keen to see which NAB League boys come through the system and have an impact.

Had some good players come through last year and have varying impacts - Maher, Trudgeon, Leiu, Moschetti, Gallagher, Ramshaw, Dozzi, Hamilton

Trudgeon and Gallagher are both gone but hoping the others stick around. Keen to see how Dozzi progresses in particular.

Edmends is a 'local' who made the NAB League team of the year but went undrafted. Sam Grant also had a good year.

Nate Caddy is one to watch, had a good year at NAB League level and is one to watch in next year's draft.
I wonder if he's from our academy...

Arr0w any insights into any of them? I know you're particularly high on Edmends.

Also keen to see which NAB League boys come through the system and have an impact.

Had some good players come through last year and have varying impacts - Maher, Trudgeon, Leiu, Moschetti, Gallagher, Ramshaw, Dozzi, Hamilton

Trudgeon and Gallagher are both gone but hoping the others stick around. Keen to see how Dozzi progresses in particular.

Edmends is a 'local' who made the NAB League team of the year but went undrafted. Sam Grant also had a good year.

Nate Caddy is one to watch, had a good year at NAB League level and is one to watch in next year's draft.

Arr0w any insights into any of them? I know you're particularly high on Edmends.
Forgot Dozzi and Hamilton, definitely add.

Edmends was “my boy” before he was Arr0w’s, is a pure winger. Just difficult to see the fit, O’Brien, Cottrell, Hollands, Binns, Philp all in the wing mix at both levels, with Acres seemingly a lock for one. As a key defensive prospect, Grant would be a good get.

Caddy is an absolute “gun” an has no academy affiliations to my knowledge. At this stage likely top 5 for next year’s draft. Aside from Gold Coast academy boy Jed Walter, Caddy would be the highest rated tall forward although only 191cm at this stage.

Unfortunately Caddy is open draft, currently 191, but will grow to KPP height. Kid I like is Hardeman, already played WAFL reserves as an under-age kid.

Will start a 2023 draft thread early in the year.

Edmends would be great for our VFL side, despite being another wingman. Undrafted kids I hope we add to the VFL side, Petric, Teal, Penny. Schuback

Wanting to see re-signings
CINCOTTA
LEIU
CAHILL
CROCKER
MAHER
RADOVANIVIC
HANDLEY
NORTH
RAMSHAW
Glass-McCasker
Shannon
Lewis
Moschetti
Stevens

Let’s add Joshy to that too.
Zavier Maher has re-signed with Shepparton United and they expect him to go again in the VFL in 2023.
Stefan Radovanivic has signed with Keilor where I expect him to play full-time in 2023.
David Handley looks to be coaching juniors for Geelong West - Not sure what that means for his state league future.
Jesse Glass-McCasker has signed with Swan Districts in the WAFL.
Mitch Moschetti has signed with Hurstbridge but is likely to re-sign to play VFL again.

Tom North and Matt Shannon have been playing some NTFL football over the off-season.

Zavier Maher has re-signed with Shepparton United and they expect him to go again in the VFL in 2023.
Stefan Radovanivic has signed with Keilor where I expect him to play full-time in 2023.
David Handley looks to be coaching juniors for Geelong West - Not sure what that means for his state league future.
Mitch Moschetti has signed with Hurstbridge but is likely to re-sign to play VFL again.

Tom North and Matt Shannon have been playing some NTFL football over the off-season.
Moschetti a big chance to sign at Preston. Not certain yet though

Thanks for the info. Lemmey with back up from a hopefully fitter Josh Cripps covers JGM OK.
Rado will be missed, but with his AFL dream closed, a lucrative clubland contract would be sensible.
Handley would be a loss. We can cover, but very good player at the level.

Wanting to see re-signings
CINCOTTA
LEIU
CAHILL
CROCKER
MAHER
RADOVANIVIC
HANDLEY
NORTH
RAMSHAW
Glass-McCasker
Shannon
Lewis
Moschetti
Stevens

Let’s add Joshy to that too.
If the 2's are going to be worth anything in 2023, then we need to retain the majority of these lads. Especially guys like Crocker and cahill, who add a little much needed experience to our list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the info. Lemmey with back up from a hopefully fitter Josh Cripps covers JGM OK.
Rado will be missed, but with his AFL dream closed, a lucrative clubland contract would be sensible.
Handley would be a loss. We can cover, but very good player at the level.
Josh Cripps has signed with East Fremantle in the WAFL.
We may lose another running player to the WAFL as well.

If the 2's are going to be worth anything in 2023, then we need to retain the majority of these lads. Especially guys like Crocker and cahill, who add a little much needed experience to our list.
Unfortunately, you would imagine there's going to be a big list turnover - which is probably the case with a number of the AFL linked reserves sides, with players who realise they won't make an AFL list and heading back home or to suburban/country footy for a bigger contract.

I'm hoping that Cahill and Leiu stick around as both could still jag a SSP/mid season draft call up. The one I was really impressed with the back half of last season was Heath Ramshaw....just turned 20yo so we need to make sure he sticks around.

I also reckon if we're nurturing these younger players in the VFL, then we should start looking to rookie list some of them as Geelong, Richmond, Dogs and the Hawks in particular have done in recent years, or we risk being seen as a dead-end club for potential mature age draftees.

Unfortunately, you would imagine there's going to be a big list turnover - which is probably the case with a number of the AFL linked reserves sides, with players who realise they won't make an AFL list and heading back home or to suburban/country footy for a bigger contract.

I'm hoping that Cahill and Leiu stick around as both could still jag a SSP/mid season draft call up. The one I was really impressed with the back half of last season was Heath Ramshaw....just turned 20yo so we need to make sure he sticks around.

I also reckon if we're nurturing these younger players in the VFL, then we should start looking to rookie list some of them as Geelong, Richmond, Dogs and the Hawks in particular have done in recent years, or we risk being seen as a dead-end club for potential mature age draftees.
Lieu and Ramshaw impressed me too. We have to keep them around.
I'm not sure what out salary cap conditions are for our VFL side, but we need to start spending the money to keep players interested and develop the sort of team culture guys want to play with.
I read with irritation that Callum and Tyler Brown are off to Box Hill. We were in discussions to have play VFL for us. Trudgeon has also headed to Box Hill. Granted Hawthorn traded away their midfield and probably need guys who might be good enough, but these are the sort of guys we need to attract.

Olivier northam would be worth a look.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back