Game Day Carlton Reserves Game Day Discussion Rnds 2 - 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheers for that, to respond in a real simple way to a detailed post, I think these guys, Dow, Setters and LOB especially, should be standout players in the VFL and a clear cut above, I think they should be entrenched in the seniors which they aren’t, so when I see 20 and 22 from Dow, it doesn’t fill me confidence.

Small sample size, we will see in the coming weeks how they track.
Fwiw that game of 20 from dow came with 10 clearances and was in only 3 quarters of football

On CPH1877 using BigFooty.com mobile app

R4-player-review.png

CFC-96-COMM20-Game-Day-Hub-Assets-Match-Details-1-.png

The game will be broadcast on Channel 7 from 12pm AEST

You can catch the game on Kayo if you have a subscription or follow live updates on the VFL app or the Carlton Reserves Twitter account @CarltonReserves

*Bolded - Carlton listed players.

Backs:Brodie KempEd DelanyCody Hirst
Half-backs:Tom WilliamsonLuke ParksCooper Stephens
Centreline:Jack CarrollSam Petrevski-SetonSam Ramsay
Half-forwards:Josh HoneyBen CaluzziJack Newnes
Forwards:Corey DurdinBen CrockerJames Parsons
Followers:Aaron GundryLochie O'BrienMatt Kennedy
Interchange:Fraser PhillipsRyley StoddartMatt Shannon
Tom North
Emergency:Dale MarshallLachlan Swaney

I'm annoyed with the way we are treating SPS. Deserved to be back in the side after his 14 touches in 50% game time as the sub a few weeks back.
Yet Gibbons gets elevated to the 22 after a lesser performance as the sub.

Having said that, he's too good to be playing VFL, so he needs to show that. Grab this game by the scruff. Nothing less than 30 touches and a goal or 2 would be nice. Leave them no choice but to bring him back in. Should be a class above in this game.

I'm annoyed with the way we are treating SPS. Deserved to be back in the side after his 14 touches in 50% game time as the sub a few weeks back.

Having said that, he's too good to be playing VFL, so he needs to show that. Grab this game by the scruff. Nothing less than 30 touches and a goal or 2 would be nice. Leave them no choice but to bring him back in. Should be a class above in this game.

This is it - Samo's response will tell us what he's really made of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that the week Samo averaged less than 13 metres per disposal?

SPS has to work on his defensive side, laid 1 tackle in a half of footy, as a mid

Think the spell in the vfl will do him good

So excited to see Kemp play -Is he the next Pav or more of a Francis/DFogarty inbetweener (pretty confident he is not)

Will it be a Judd like debut at East Perth where we say that's the last time he will play seconds
or will he be rusty after not playing for 2 years?

Guess we are just hoping he gets through unscathed.

You cannot just roll up to the gate at Box Hill to watch the reserves ?

No you can't.

Ticketing info is in the link above.

• All spectators must have redeemed or purchased their own individual ticket through INTIX
  • There will be no gate sales on game day
  • Members redeeming a $0 ticket will need to input their 12 digit barcode number
  • Junior members will need to redeem their ticket via the 'General Admission' section
  • Members redeeming multiple tickets will need to do so in separately transactions

So excited to see Kemp play -Is he the next Pav or more of a Francis/DFogarty inbetweener (pretty confident he is not)

Will it be a Judd like debut at East Perth where we say that's the last time he will play seconds
or will he be rusty after not playing for 2 years?

Guess we are just hoping he gets through unscathed.

Will be on managed minutes and rusty as my girlfriends husbands back gate. If he has 10 touches will be a good day.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

No you can't.

Ticketing info is in the link above.

• All spectators must have redeemed or purchased their own individual ticket through INTIX
  • There will be no gate sales on game day
  • Members redeeming a $0 ticket will need to input their 12 digit barcode number
  • Junior members will need to redeem their ticket via the 'General Admission' section
  • Members redeeming multiple tickets will need to do so in separately transactions

Thanks Aphrodite,
Not interested in ticketing crapola.
Television it is then i guess 🍺

Is that the week Samo averaged less than 13 metres per disposal?

SPS has to work on his defensive side, laid 1 tackle in a half of footy, as a mid

Think the spell in the vfl will do him good
Is this the new metric?
In the Dogs game, Sam Walsh averaged just over 7m per disposal.
Curnow 11.5m per.
Cripps 9m per.

In the game you're talking about, Walsh also only gained 14.9m per disposal. Hardly a huge jump.
In the Lions game, Samo was 13.2m and Walsh 14m.

By comparison, most people think Gibbons has been poor and lucky to keep his spot. In the Lions game, he only had 5disp, but gained 26.6m per (2nd highest in the team).
In the Dees game, Samo only got 3disp in 15% game time, but gained 27m per touch.

Seems a fairly inconsistent and useless stat to use against him.

I agree the tackle count isn't acceptable though, but that goes for a lot more blokes than just Samo.
In that same game, Saad only had 1, Cunners had none. Fog had 1. Doc and Cripps only 2 each.
Doc only had 2 against Lions. Saad, Williams, Fog and Newnes 1 each.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back