Game Day Carlton Reserves Game Day Discussion Rnds 2 - 19

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
We just absolutely burned a huge opportunity to open the quarter with a goal because we wouldn't commit to ground ball pressure in our 50.

Looking for the Ramsay and honey that some posters feel that are absolutely ready to play senior footy and are being treated unfairly by the match committee.

Haven't seen them yet. Have seen two young players who need to work on their games, but have the capacity in the future to make that step.

Wouldn't surprise me if Carroll wax deemed right to go before either if them.
Ramsay had a big game in a physical encounter last week, and has been pressing for selection since R1. He's allowed to have a down week.

Honey has had a good run of form, but he's been a bit down this week, but is still throwing himself around when the ball is in his area.

Mondyboy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Coburg kick the first two in a blink.

Can’t see us winning from here.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Lace_Out

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 1, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Jacky Carroll has been most impressive. Real bulldog, ball magnet and good tackler. With a big pre-season he should be best 22 next year.
Yep, doesn't turn 19 till late Dec so very raw.

I see him and Walsh potentially forming a bit of a batman & Robin partnership in years ahead.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
What position is O'Brien playing? 9 possessions and 5 tackles suggests a different role.
Not sure he's been on so far in this quarter, so he may be injured.

Possible he was practicing the defensive wing role as well, just with limited support from HB to provide overlap.

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
For those wondering why we're not having it all our own way:

E5MdAnCVkAEnAOY

Decent side out there for Coburg.

Back