Game Day Carlton Reserves Game Day Discussion Rnds 2 - 19

A lot of players out of this team so I'm not concerned.

I think Carroll and Kemp are certainties for senior football going forward.

Ramsay worth persisting with for another year.

Honey and Durdin just need experience and physical development. They have tricks.

Honey seems like a first year Cuningham. Needs a heap more development.

I feel like LOB is just playing out time. Worried for him.

Parks is also a fair bit off AFL standard in terms of his judgement. His leap is his strength but he runs under it and throws up one hand a bit.

Coona Blues

Director of Coaching
Nov 3, 2011
Bundaberg, Qld
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tasmania
At this stage of the match, none of the kids playing today deserved a call up
Come off it mate. You are shocking when you get an agenda. Never miss a chance to try to push it.
Carroll - dominant? No. Competitive, combative, composed, promising? ABSOLUTELY
Ramsay - Not ready, but shows enough. Much better off hunting the pill, but they clearly want to make him in to another HBF.
Durdin - Presents, combative, skilled, but struggles to get hands on it, not unlike many more experienced defensive forwards.
Honey - Great prescence, but doesn’t present quite enough.TOG stats would be interesting. A little flat footed, would suggest either cooked after season or more likely under significant load on track to prepare him for next step.
Parks - Raw as ****. Willing worker gives 100% If we has M.Scarlett on the coaching panel would become a quality player. Plenty to work with, hope he gets appropriate guidance rather than being left to his own devices.
LOB - Greatest disappointment to me. Not gelling with the coaching he is getting. Comes across as a bloke trying to do as asked, but failing because of confusion and lack of personal enterprise. I have been a supporter, love his potential, but has fallen a long way.
Kemp - Still building, but absolute quality and decent output. Continues to sacrifice own game filling in the holes and accepting responsibility not necessarily his. Can’t wait until he is ready and released.

I get your point that they are not absolutely smashing the door down, but have shown as much as the journeymen you constantly promote.

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
I feel like LOB is just playing out time. Worried for him.
O'Brien unsighted, so unless he was pulled out of the game to be the medical sub, I think he's injured.

He was definitely struggling physically towards the end of the third, but I figured he'd just covered a lot of territory in the previous couple of minutes.

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Come off it mate. You are shocking when you get an agenda. Never miss a chance to try to push it.
Carroll - dominant? No. Competitive, combative, composed, promising? ABSOLUTELY
Ramsay - Not ready, but shows enough. Much better off hunting the pill, but they clearly want to make him in to another HBF.
Durdin - Presents, combative, skilled, but struggles to get hands on it, not unlike many more experienced defensive forwards.
Honey - Great prescence, but doesn’t present quite enough.TOG stats would be interesting. A little flat footed, would suggest either cooked after season or more likely under significant load on track to prepare him for next step.
Parks - Raw as ****. Willing worker gives 100% If we has M.Scarlett on the coaching panel would become a quality player. Plenty to work with, hope he gets appropriate guidance rather than being left to his own devices.
LOB - Greatest disappointment to me. Not gelling with the coaching he is getting. Comes across as a bloke trying to do as asked, but failing because of confusion and lack of personal enterprise. I have been a supporter, love his potential, but has fallen a long way.
Kemp - Still building, but absolute quality and decent output. Continues to sacrifice own game filling in the holes and accepting responsibility not necessarily his. Can’t wait until he is ready and released.

I get your point that they are not absolutely smashing the door down, but have shown as much as the journeymen you constantly promote.

Ease up Coona, no agenda at all. Can you honestly say any of the kids today SHOULD be in the side tonight?

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
He's not in the same area code as Scarlett, either in ceiling or attributes.

His lack of agility is a huge worry.

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
O'Brien back on, but we're just coughing the ball up through desperate long kicks about 60-70m out from Coburg's goal and they just get to score for fun.

And now it's happening through the corridor too.

Pretty sure that he never compared him to Scarlett but merely suggested that he would be a good coach/mentor for Parks.

And yes he has been much better today.
Parks has been hopeless bar a handful of moments. He was brought in for his intercept and spoiling abiltiies, and they've deserted him... or more accurately the VFL and AFL are a lot taller than most of the SANFL.

BigFrizz36

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 20, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
O'Brien back on, but we're just coughing the ball up through desperate long kicks about 60-70m out from Coburg's goal and they just get to score for fun.

And now it's happening through the corridor too.

Parks has been hopeless bar a handful of moments. He was brought in for his intercept and spoiling abiltiies, and they've deserted him... or more accurately the VFL and AFL are a lot taller than most of the SANFL.
I think that you forgot to add "in my opinion".

You really don't think that Ramsay and Honey are ready for senior footy yet.

They are not. In my opinion.

Back