Game Day Carlton Reserves Game Day Discussion Rnds 2 - 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Not to bothered with the loss, enjoyable afternoon, boys didn't drop there heads and the commitment was evident. Tall marking forward required. Team continuity and time will be the only antidote for our issues.

O'Brien unsighted, so unless he was pulled out of the game to be the medical sub, I think he's injured.

He was definitely struggling physically towards the end of the third, but I figured he'd just covered a lot of territory in the previous couple of minutes.
Just spotted him in the last second.

Very poor last quarter. Just stopped.

Carroll and Kemp the highlights.

Ramsay worked into the game.

Durdin and Honey barely sighted.

Parkes overall meh though was ok in the third.

LOB unsighted.

I hope there are players coming back from injury because we got fudge all in the VFL. Though wouldn’t mind seeing Kemp debut.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just nice to hear Carroll and Kemp doing plenty, Honey doing enough. Not sure about Ramsy and feel like Durdin needs another pre season before we can comment.

Draft some good young players add to this side give us something to get excited about

I'm at the ground and agree with you.

Nothing special at all from our players to suggest any are ready to get into the firsts.

Parks maybe as he's got a lot defensive fists to contests.
Can you blokes get some perspective. Carroll still 18, being forced to play number 1 or 2 clearance mid. At least 6 or 7 injured/suspended players who would be in that second tier midfield or needing replacements in the ones. Honey is up to it, but could also argue needs a bigger body of work. Depending on how his body I recovering, Kemp would not be out of place.

O'Brien back on, but we're just coughing the ball up through desperate long kicks about 60-70m out from Coburg's goal and they just get to score for fun.

And now it's happening through the corridor too.

Parks has been hopeless bar a handful of moments. He was brought in for his intercept and spoiling abiltiies, and they've deserted him... or more accurately the VFL and AFL are a lot taller than most of the SANFL.
Parks was drafted as a rookie in the hope that he could become an afl quality third defender. He showed a bit early and then got found out.​
Like most young players he is on a journey. Who knows where it will take him. As a rookie if he makes it it would be a huge bonus.​
To call him hopeless is disrespectful.​

Can you blokes get some perspective. Carroll still 18, being forced to play number 1 or 2 clearance mid. At least 6 or 7 injured/suspended players who would be in that second tier midfield or needing replacements in the ones. Honey is up to it, but could also argue needs a bigger body of work. Depending on how his body I recovering, Kemp would not be out of place.

Mate, no one is suggesting they won't come on, settle down

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not too disappointed, depleted side had a crack.

Carroll the standout for mine, smart and classy with plenty of courage. Seems to have a decent tank too which is a bonus.

Kemp, good to see him out there getting through games. Likes to impose himself and finds plenty of the footy as a result.

Ramsay kept chipping away and has a good work rate. Plenty of courage for a player that small, which is his only down side. A big pre season will make him interesting to watch next year.

Honey, looms classy but needs to work harder and use his teammates more when available. Looks a good prospect.

Parks, battled all day and gets the most out of himself.. Athleticism is a bit of a worry.

Durdin, shows enough signs there's something to work with. Not afraid to put his head over it considering his size.

LOB, disappointing again and just hangs out the back of packs all day looking for it on a silver platter..
I'll be surprised if he's on our list in 2022.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ramsay and Carroll especially have a touch of class

Durdin works hard

Honey is explosive, but needs to be on the move more

LOB is a super athlete, but I feel he is second guessing himself

Parks has enough to suggest he will play more games

Tough when so many are missing from the team

Forgot Kemp, hope with players returning, he plays more as an attacking HBF, which will elevate him into the seniors

Had the pallative nurse come around to see my mum so I only got to see the first and the last so this week I can't comment on the game. I think that we are going to need more talls at the draft this year and look for more talls from within the VFL for the VFL.

That being said, our young players are still working on being the best they can be and we've a bunch of senior side players coming back (hopefully) and will have some guys dropping back into the reserves.

This is only our first season in as a standalone side, and things can only get better in the future.

Very undermanned and inexperienced today, but the endeavour from most was better than last week.

Carroll was very good. Last week showed that we need to be patient, as he's still understandably prone to a quiet day, but as an 18 year old, he's playing a lot of minutes on-ball, and shouldering quite the responsibility in our VFL engine room. Lots to work with and be excited about with Jack, I think.

For a young bloke who has missed a lot of football, Kemp is building nicely. He and Carroll are very unlikely to feature at this level too often in years to come.

Ramsay works hard - solid and consistent at VFL level now. Would persist and get another big pre-season into him.

The other young blokes need to find a way to work themselves into games - just don't quite win enough of their own ball at the moment.

Not enough contests forward for Honey to be a real threat but still kicked 2. Durdin glimpses in traffic not much more than that. Carroll and Kemp will be players. Ramsay kept trying all game and was good also.
Honey is progressing in a similar way to what Owies was. He is getting his couple of goals most weeks & I suspect once he does get a look in at AFL level he will continue to register a couple of goals every week.

I remember years of reserves reports where it seemed as though there were no lights at the end of the tunnel. This year, I’ve read the reports and feel like there are glimmers. I’ll take glimmers over hopelessness any day. And I do have a feeling that Carroll might end up as something we haven’t had for many years... a successful later draft pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back