CARLTON SALARY CAP

Remove this Banner Ad

Really? You've already forgotten last year's GF? Sounds like you've got Alzheimer's disease, try to remember to see a doctor about it.
Don't even think I watched it to be completely honest, unlikely i do anything more then check the scores a few times saturday

Frampton for the Pies is a funny one.

Most Crows fans expected him to be delisted.
yep just like when we grabbed Roughead with a pick in the 70s. He fills a need at little cost. One area we struggled in since Roughead retired was containing 2 tall opposition forwards. Saw it again on the weekend. Maynard and Howe have had to play that role often giving away 10cm. Just need a player who can get a fist in. Doesn't need to be a champion player. Just do a role.

You might get one chance if you get in early now Blues, before North blows their cap space elsewhere.

McKay and rd 1 2022 pick to North to re-untie with his brother in a feel good story for North. Pick 1 in return.

McKay will be happy with that he gets more money and gets to a better club with a much better record over the last 26 years. 😁

You fix your cap, allowing money to be spent in areas of greatest need. You can then play Curnow, Silvagni, DeKoning and Pittonet in the one team, so it gives better balance. You get to draft a gun. But like I said, shop early and beat the rush. If you wait, you are late. Sets Blues up for years to come.

I personally would hate to see it happen. 😁

You might get one chance if you get in early now Blues, before North blows their cap space elsewhere.

McKay and rd 1 2022 pick to North to re-untie with his brother in a feel good story for North. Pick 1 in return.

McKay will be happy with that he gets more money and gets to a better club with a much better record over the last 26 years. 😁

You fix your cap, allowing money to be spent in areas of greatest need. You can then play Curnow, Silvagni, DeKoning and Pittonet in the one team, so it gives better balance. You get to draft a gun. But like I said, shop early and beat the rush. If you wait, you are late. Sets Blues up for years to come.

I personally would hate to see it happen. 😁

MR stop stirring the natives, even they aren't that dumb

Oh wait..

MR stop stirring the natives, even they aren't that dumb

Oh wait..

But Arr0w you could get your next Weitering/Walsh/Kreuzer/Murphy/Gibbs bloody hell you have had a few, I recall when I was growing up Blues supporters would boast endlessly they had never secured the wooden spoon. Now in the national comp it seems they have rarely not secured it.

But you could also balance your team better and give Jack Silvagni a great chance of a stellar 150 game career. And fix your cap up going forward - legally his time. What is not to like? 😁

But Arr0w you could get your next Weitering/Walsh/Kreuzer/Murphy/Gibbs bloody hell you have had a few, I recall when I was growing up Blues supporters would boast endlessly they had never secured the wooden spoon. Now in the national comp it seems they have rarely not secured it.

But you could also balance your team better and give Jack Silvagni a great chance of a stellar 150 game career. And fix your cap up going forward - legally his time. What is not to like? 😁
And then Curnow goes down round 1 and the entire seasons in shambles before it even gets going. No thanks

And then Curnow goes down round 1 and the entire seasons in shambles before it even gets going. No thanks

Ah so you miss pick 1 and blow your cap and unbalance your team and f*ck Jack “3rd gen” Silvagni just so you have Curnow insurance. Insurance normally costs less than what you are insuring, not more. 😉

Last edited:

I think we will just fine MR, Harry will have a long career in navy blue

Only trying to help Arr0w. God knows you guys need it. 😁
It's quite the predicament where we have all these talented players we 'won't be able to keep' but at the same time apparently we're going nowhere because our list isn't very good...

A few good role players, some luck with injuries and Harry can head off to North after we win a flag.

It's quite the predicament where we have all these talented players we 'won't be able to keep' but at the same time apparently we're going nowhere because our list isn't very good...

A few good role players, some luck with injuries and Harry can head off to North after we win a flag.

North won’t be interested in McKay in 2093 WtG. And it will cost you Jack Heartnsoulvagni. 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually, Ned Guy said there 'was no issue' with the cap! haha.
Acres at $350k pa because you have nothing left.

At least we went for Taranto, McStay, Hill and Frampton. McStay at $600k pa (although I have heard its actually lower than that) doesn't sound like a club with major cap issues. It's definitely thawed and will continue over the next year or 2.

Starting to sound like North: all those players you "went for". Except their warchest has actual money in it, and not an IOU for after you manage to trade out Grundy..

Actually, Ned Guy said there 'was no issue' with the cap! haha.
Acres at $350k pa because you have nothing left.

At least we went for Taranto, McStay, Hill and Frampton. McStay at $600k pa (although I have heard its actually lower than that) doesn't sound like a club with major cap issues. It's definitely thawed and will continue over the next year or 2.
McStay is basically Jay Shulz MK2.

600k is a lot of money for a one dimensional 3rd tall forward.

Well what do you know, Dan McStay's statline is very similar to Jack Silvagni's.

Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 10.19.24 pm.png

Why don't the Pies offer him 600k instead?

Well what do you know, Dan McStay's statline is very similar to Jack Silvagni's.

View attachment 1513086

Why don't the Pies offer him 600k instead?

I think there is a suspicion the Pies are looking at McStay as a key defender, to stop Moore from being isolated against the gorillas like Papley all the time. 😁

Question - would you draft Buddy Franklin or a bloke called Tambling?
Neither. Zac Dawson will do for me LOL.

But this is about Carlton and the salary cap.

Cripps just won a Brownlow 🏅 medal last night. Sort of half and half about this. Half shocked that he won as I am used to seeing Brownlow medal winners come from team that made the finals.

Then again, Carlton won 12 games and narrowly missed out. So he polled well in certain games.

Back in 2014, Matt Priddis won it. Eagles didn't make finals. The eagles did get 11 wins that year. So I assumed Priddis polled 2 or 3 votes each time the eagles won.

Salary cap last season was 13 million dollars. This season it was 13.54 mil.

I'm guessing the salary cap will rise by $500,000 in 2023 and another $500,000 in 2024.

Then that new tv deal from 2025, easily an increase in 1-2 million.

McStay is basically Jay Shulz MK2.

600k is a lot of money for a one dimensional 3rd tall forward.

Hold on a second. Am I misreading or is the post you've just responded to suggesting that we've done poorly and should be criticised because we're bringing in Acres and only paying him 350k p/a?

I mean...should we be voluntarily paying him more?

I know Pies supporters are trying to outdo each other in this thread in a race to the bottom, but if I've read that right there's really no need to continue. We have our winner.

its is hilarious reading commentary from 'supporters' who think because their team manged to win a flag - suddenly become experts and authorities about everything to do with how every other CLub should do etc et blah blah blah..

truth is there is one lucky winner every year and 17 losers sharing in various degrees of not so good luck

A Prelim Final I believe.

Give me a call and I'll tell you what it's like to have a team play in one.
Well you might have a point.

At the end Of The Day the ultimate success is a premiership obviously. Ironic to say this as a Freo docker fan.

Me? I just oversaw Freo go through a barren 6 year period of no finals.

So to get 15 wins 1 draw and 6 defeats from 22 regular season games, which included 7 wins and a draw away from home. It was a good season.

To play 2 finals, one home Elim final vs the dogs in which Freo won and a semi final loss to the pies, I can't complain.

19 dockers had their 1st ever finals win . 7 of them were aged 21 or under.

To me by my standards and situation, that to me was a successful season.

Now to move forward and progress.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back