CARLTON SALARY CAP

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s an awfully fine line between “contending” and not.

We were 3 points off a prelim in 2011 with an average side.

I guess when you’ve won 2 flags in 60 odd years your supporter base gets desperate for validation.
The one that got away

At the end of the deal we're dealing with a group of people who don't understand/don't have a reasonable feel for true achievement.

In a Collingwood supporters eyes spending 45 minutes on the phone to have their JobSeeker payments reinstated or completing 2 hours of court appointed time with their children each fortnight are success stories.

If your bar is low in general of course you're going to get hot under the collar when your team reaches the final 50% of the competition most of the time - it goes without saying.

Carlton supporters playing the man and not the ball once again, much like their players. Probably explains why they missed finals again despite all their brownlow medallists, Coleman medalists and all Australians
Yeah Carlton supporters can get a little touchy just like a certain Collingwood player or would you call that more a little 'gropey'?

Let's get back to the OP then. Any evidence that we have a salary issues like the Pies?
It was made to take discussion away from his own pathetic clubs Grundy and Treloar deals which are now stinging badly.

No surprise the thread is polluted by Pies supporters who are also looking for a coping mechanism about what they are about to endure this trade period so they try to shift focus to another club!

They are pathetic and more obsessed with us than what their own team is doing. 🥱

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What salary cup issues? We’re about to dump a rubbish contract which will open up the option to improve a top four team elsewhere, which we will gladly take

But, you are about to pay close to 500K+, for 2 players that would walk into most sides. Do you have any evidence we are in the same trouble?
No

I'd say you're maxed but not in trouble like us

I think our cap is manageable, we haven't lost any players of note over the last 2 years, nor does it look like happening this off season

But, you are about to pay close to 500K+, for 2 players that would walk into most sides. Do you have any evidence we are in the same trouble?

I think our cap is manageable, we haven't lost any players of note over the last 2 years, nor does it look like happening this off season
The story goes that fat Eddie paid off the substantial Beams gambling debts, AFL got wind of it and made us include it in the cap, hence the player/salary dumps

Not sure how true that is but nice story, Eddie not my favourite bloke

The story goes that fat Eddie paid off the substantial Beams gambling debts, AFL got wind of it and made us include it in the cap, hence the player/salary dumps

Also gave Travis Cloke back in the day millions to appear twice a year on the footy show ……

Yet only Carlton cheats the cap. 🥱🤪

I did hear similar rumours at the time of that trade but I never heard about the AFL catching wind and including it in the cap etc. Interesting if true, he really did the dodgy on your mob

I did hear similar rumours at the time of that trade but I never heard about the AFL catching wind and including it in the cap etc. Interesting if true, he really did the dodgy on your mob
I'm pretty glad they're all gone, the likes of Eddie, Bucks and that degenerate Beams

Feels like we've got our club back

The old saying where there is smoke there is fire and the reports suggesting money will be tight at Carlton next year means there is a very real possibility off them losing a key player or two due to financial restraints.

They seem to be doing well, with the new CBA to come in, they may very well be able to dodge a bullet by re negotiating deals with overpaid players like Zac Williams.

Good luck to them, they should certainly be able to get some of these key players for under sacrificing pay packets for success as the Blues certainly appear to be ready to take that jump in 2023.

The old saying where there is smoke there is fire and the reports suggesting money will be tight at Carlton next year means there is a very real possibility off them losing a key player or two due to financial restraints.

They seem to be doing well, with the new CBA to come in, they may very well be able to dodge a bullet by re negotiating deals with overpaid players like Zac Williams.

Good luck to them, they should certainly be able to get some of these key players for under sacrificing pay packets for success as the Blues certainly appear to be ready to take that jump in 2023.
As soon as we re sign Mckay this thread dies. We'll have all our best players locked up for years to come and if it means we lose a spud like Dow, well frankly none of us will care.

As soon as we re sign Mckay this thread dies. We'll have all our best players locked up for years to come and if it means we lose a spud like Dow, well frankly none of us will care.

That's completely understandable.

Question, IF you were to lose one, who would you prefer, McKay or De Koning? I rate TDK very bloody highly but surely you'd keep the bloke who's won or been up there in the last couple of Coleman's?

That's completely understandable.

Question, IF you were to lose one, who would you prefer, McKay or De Koning? I rate TDK very bloody highly but surely you'd keep the bloke who's won or been up there in the last couple of Coleman's?
The answer you're looking for is Zac Williams gets pushed out the door and we re-sign both if it comes down to it. But we won't need to do that to re sign both. They love the club and Harry has already taken a paycut on his last contract 'to keep the team together and hopefully have some success'. He ain't going anywhere

The answer you're looking for is Zac Williams gets pushed out the door and we re-sign both if it comes down to it. But we won't need to do that to re sign both. They love the club and Harry has already taken a paycut on his last contract 'to keep the team together and hopefully have some success'. He ain't going anywhere

Is it public knowledge if Zac Williams' contract is front loaded ? The way a club can manipulate it's players wages and contracts is as big a reason as how a list is managed with personnel imho.

If the rumours are true, I doubt anyone is in a position to trade for Williams salary, although you would have to look at it if Carlton were willing to pay a significant portion of it (what would 30% look like? $210,000?)

Is it public knowledge if Zac Williams' contract is front loaded ? The way a club can manipulate it's players wages and contracts is as big a reason as how a list is managed with personnel imho.

If the rumours are true, I doubt anyone is in a position to trade for Williams salary, although you would have to look at it if Carlton were willing to pay a significant portion of it (what would 30% look like? $210,000?)
If a club can trade Brodie Grundy or Brad Hill's contracts off their books I don't think theres going to be any issues moving on Williams who's on considerably less

If a club can trade Brodie Grundy or Brad Hill's contracts off their books I don't think theres going to be any issues moving on Williams who's on considerably less

Grundy is a niche position (ruck) and one of the best whilst Hill has a track record of being better than very good over a number of years so I doubt clubs would be lining up for Williams. Im not saying he couldn't be traded, just feel for the value you could extract, im unsure its a possibility.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back