Official Club Stuff Carlton Social Gathering

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 28, 2011
Carlton North
AFL Club
Carlton
Hi everyone.

Hope you're all well!

We'll be holding a "Social Gathering" this Tuesday (December 11) at the birthplace of the Carlton Football Club, the University Hotel in Lygon Street, Carlton.

Basically, we want to meet a few of you and chat about how you think the Club is progressing (particularly in the digital space). Senior members of staff will be on hand to answer any questions you might have about our future plans and the Carlton Board will also be represented. Drinks and finger food will be provided and we're looking at kicking the night off at 6:30pm.

We'd like to extend an invitation to 10 BigFooty representatives. If you're interesting in attending, please give me a call on 0415 772 773 to reserve your place.

I'll make sure I let everyone know once all positions have been filled.

I look forward to catching up with a few of you on Tuesday night!

Luca @ CFC.

Hi everyone.

Hope you're all well!

We'll be holding a "Social Gathering" this Tuesday (December 11) at the birthplace of the Carlton Football Club, the University Hotel in Lygon Street, Carlton.

Basically, we want to meet a few of you and chat about how you think the Club is progressing (particularly in the digital space). Senior members of staff will be on hand to answer any questions you might have about our future plans and the Carlton Board will also be represented. Drinks and finger food will be provided and we're looking at kicking the night off at 6:30pm.

We'd like to extend an invitation to 10 BigFooty representatives. If you're interesting in attending, please give me a call on 0415 772 773 to reserve your place.

I'll make sure I let everyone know once all positions have been filled.

I look forward to catching up with a few of you on Tuesday night!

Luca @ CFC.

I will be there ;)

Good job, Blues. Top effort. :thumbsu:

Having performed a similar role in professional sport here in the late 1990's (though at that point it was less Internet based as it is today) and then taking my craft to the United States (but ultimately working a vastly different role and a case of contacts having the right position for me at the right time, as it generally is in sports) I'd typically be up for this. I'm presently a distinction level student studying BoA Internet Communications (Curtin), BoA Professional Writing (again with Curtin) and BoB Marketing (with Monash/Swinburne) and have now entered my final year on those degrees. Unfortunately, my partner's parents both work with the mentally handicapped and have scheduled their annual Carols by Candlelight for this Friday evening so I'm unavailable (it is not something that I can get out of if I want to maintain a healthy relationship with her parents). I genuinely would have loved to have had this opportunity. I had been hoping that either Carlton or the Melbourne Tigers would have been seeking fan opinion on these types of issues for several years as I for one believe that there are a large number of avenues that both organizations are completely missing the boat on that could and would help create positive financial and a positive response from the fan base (the latter being more important than the former although the club may disagree).

If you feel that I could be of some assistance my inbox is never full. I'm more than happy to pass along my contact details.

To those who are attending - best wishes. I have complete confidence that you will represent our group extremely well.

On a side note, yes, I acknowledge that I do not always best present the academic/intellectual/matured side of me on these forums and dependent on when and which forum you see me on have been a hyped up tool on multiple occasions - one of those who should never be around the keyboard when watching live sport but need to learn restraint, hence the present yellow card).

Go Blues!!

Just my 2c

As a traveller for the last 5 months the work put in by the digital team over at the blues has been a tremendous bonus that I didn't have as a luxury when I went away 3 years ago. I have felt genuinely in the loop and kept up to date on all the major issues. Whether it be watching game highlights or player and coach interviews.

I particularly enjoyed the free reign given to those on The Blueprint to express their opinions.

Also a big thanks to those on this board for all the extra discussion!

TE

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wickzki it's on a Tuesday not a Friday. ..

Thanks. Silly me for not reading properly.

I'm in the Gold Coast from this Sunday to next - with partner and her parents. I'm still out :(

Hi everyone,

Thanks to all those who have called to express their interest in attending tomorrow night's Social Gathering at the University Hotel in Lygon Street.

We still have a few spots available, so if you'd like to attend, please give me a call at any stage today or tomorrow. My number is 0415 772 773.

Looking forward to meeting a few of you tomorrow night!

Luca @ CFC.

Come on guys, let's not leave ourselves short here.

I'll echo this sentiment here. We, as a collective, have a long history of critiquing and complaining about the club's web presence. This time the club has opened it up to you - to offer thoughts, advice, suggestions with not just somebody who will "pass it along" but the most important people themselves.

Don't sell yourselves short either. Even if you've only got a single solitary idea or suggestion then it could be something invaluable that nobody at the club had thought of. And if you don't but those are the areas that you have an interest in then hearing what somebody else has to suggest may enable you to come up with a way that it can be implemented or an idea that is easier to implement or more realistic than the idea suggested.

I'm just disappointed that I couldn't make it myself. Hope you all have a fantastic evening.

Just wanted to post a huge thank you to Luca and the rest of the Carlton representatives for attending last night, and making yourselves available to the supporters on a personal level.

The following club officials were in attendance and I cannot thank them enough on behalf of not only the supporters who were able to attend, but also those who were not - Luca Gonano (Social Media Co-Ordinator), Alison Smirnoff (Multimedia Co-Ordinator), Jay Allen (Brand & Sponsorship Manager), Jason Reddick (Chief Financial Officer), Clinton Brown (GM - Consumer Business & Digital Marketing), Nicole Rowlings (Membership Operations Manager), Daniel Fraser (Membership Relations Officer), as well as board members Zac Fried and Ryan Trainor.

The feeling amongst so many supporters that I've spoken to in the past has been that the club doesn't listen, because they simply don't care. After attending last night I can assure you that this simply is not the case. The club absolutely cares what the supporters think and want, and whilst what is wanted is not always possible to deliver, their eyes and ears are always waiting. I must admit that at times I have been concerned with regards to the clubs perceived unwillingness to engage the supporters, but I left last night with those concerns eased.

I won't go into any long winded review of proceedings as I simply don't have the time at the moment but I'm happy to answer any questions you may have with regards to what was/wasn't covered, and to what extent.

Just wanted to post a huge thank you to Luca and the rest of the Carlton representatives for attending last night, and making yourselves available to the supporters on a personal level.

The following club officials were in attendance and I cannot thank them enough on behalf of not only the supporters who were able to attend, but also those who were not - Luca Gonano (Social Media Co-Ordinator), Alison Smirnoff (Multimedia Co-Ordinator), Jay Allen (Brand & Sponsorship Manager), Jason Reddick (Chief Financial Officer), Clinton Brown (GM - Consumer Business & Digital Marketing), Nicole Rowlings (Membership Operations Manager), Daniel Fraser (Membership Relations Officer), as well as board members Zac Fried and Ryan Trainor.

The feeling amongst so many supporters that I've spoken to in the past has been that the club doesn't listen, because they simply don't care. After attending last night I can assure you that this simply is not the case. The club absolutely cares what the supporters think and want, and whilst what is wanted is not always possible to deliver, their eyes and ears are always waiting. I must admit that at times I have been concerned with regards to the clubs perceived unwillingness to engage the supporters, but I left last night with those concerns eased.

I won't go into any long winded review of proceedings as I simply don't have the time at the moment but I'm happy to answer any questions you may have with regards to what was/wasn't covered, and to what extent.

I second this. .. Thanks again Luca for hosting what was hopefully worthwhile event for all and you got some good things out of it. ..

Thanks J for your feedback, I would have loved to have attented but prior committment, as it was mentioned by Luca 'digital space' what is happening with the cfc website?

Hopefully come Monday evening you won't have to ask about the website. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back