Official Club Stuff Carlton Social Gathering

Remove this Banner Ad

I just wonder how many Carlton supporters are out there that haven't signed up because we play at Etihad?
We need to turn these supporters into members so we can get out of there and play at our real home - the 'G.
If our supporters are waiting for us to leave Etihad before they commit to becoming club members, then it is going to end up in a dog chasing its tail scenario.

I just wonder how many Carlton supporters are out there that haven't signed up because we play at Etihad?
We need to turn these supporters into members so we can get out of there and play at our real home - the 'G.
Hmmm, I didn't know this is how it works.

So if every Melbourne club had 60,000 members (that is, Ethiad was too small for them), they could all be MCG clubs?

I'd assumed a move to Ethiad was incentivised in some way, rather than just going on membership numbers. For example, I'd imagined it was cheaper/more profitable to play at Ethiad with the same crowd numbers compared to the MCG.

What claim (besides membership numbers and besides Melbourne being Melbourne) does any club have over the MCG (or, for that matter, Ethiad)?

Hmmm, I didn't know this is how it works.

So if every Melbourne club had 60,000 members (that is, Ethiad was too small for them), they could all be MCG clubs?

I'd assumed a move to Ethiad was incentivised in some way, rather than just going on membership numbers. For example, I'd imagined it was cheaper/more profitable to play at Ethiad with the same crowd numbers compared to the MCG.

What claim (besides membership numbers and besides Melbourne being Melbourne) does any club have over the MCG (or, for that matter, Ethiad)?

I think it was more to prove to the AFL that we are a MCG club however considering our average crowds, I think there is enough proof of this. .. It is more that the club (Carlton) needs membership numbers to justify a move to the MCG. .. 25,000 members in a 40-50k crowd at etihad is possibly similar to 25,000 members in a 60k crowd at the MCG. ..

I think it was more to prove to the AFL that we are a MCG club however considering our average crowds, I think there is enough proof of this. .. It is more that the club (Carlton) needs membership numbers to justify a move to the MCG. .. 25,000 members in a 40-50k crowd at etihad is possibly similar to 25,000 members in a 60k crowd at the MCG. ..
Has the club confirmed they want a move to the MCG, or is that just a wish of the fans at this stage?

Hi everyone.

Hope you're all well!

One of the main points that was raised during December's Carlton Social Gathering was that supporters wanted to gain greater access to Club representatives for the sake of transparency.

Carlton Board Member Ryan Trainor has made himself available on Tuesday, April 30 at 7pm to answer any questions you might have about the Club. This Q&A session will be run through www.carltonfc.com.au and will be open to all members and supporters.

Please feel free to get in contact with me should you have any questions - luca.gonano@carltonfc.com.au

I look forward to hearing from you next Tuesday.

Luca @ CFC Media.

If our supporters are waiting for us to leave Etihad before they commit to becoming club members, then it is going to end up in a dog chasing its tail scenario.

By the same taken, we've played at the MCG twice this year, once as the away team, and average over 80k.

Melbourne have had all 4 at the MCG and average 25k. Where's all their so-called members?

Thanks to you Luca and the CFC for the inclusion. :thumbsu:

ODN, in order to take best advantage of this offer, should we just start putting up some questions here for consideration and then take out the most pertinent to pose to Ryan Trainor?
We know that many won't get in touch with Luca and some relevant queries may not surface for this reason.

Just a thought.

By the same taken, we've played at the MCG twice this year, once as the away team, and average over 80k.

Melbourne have had all 4 at the MCG and average 25k. Where's all their so-called members?
In recent years we have been achieving the second highest aggregate attendances, behind Collingwood, over the entire home & away season, yet our membership numbers lag behind Collingwood, Hawthorn, Richmond & Essendon (ignoring the level of membership for interstate teams). This in theory tells us we have strong support, but this is not being translated into memberships. It also tells us the other clubs mentioned are selling a lot of non-ticketed memberships.

Our membership numbers would seem to be mostly comprised of ticketed memberships (this has been confirmed when the AFL's official numbers have been released in past years & our overall number has only reduced marginally, in contrast with Richmond & Essendon whose numbers are reduced significantly). What this means is the club has to look at how it can engage those supporters who don't/aren't able to attend games (both those from Victoria & interstate).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks to you Luca and the CFC for the inclusion. :thumbsu:

ODN, in order to take best advantage of this offer, should we just start putting up some questions here for consideration and then take out the most pertinent to pose to Ryan Trainor?
We know that many won't get in touch with Luca and some relevant queries may not surface for this reason.

Just a thought.
Missed your query Harks. Given this is on tonight, they'd have to be quick. Seems we have concerns but find it hard to form a specific question.

Mine is more along the lines of 'Our membership is not growing at the same rate of many other clubs, what are the club doing about this?' Do we fear we have tapped out the loyal members so having a lower priced membership option might cost us revenue rather than recruit new members? We have the crowds but they don't translate to members.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back