Carlton supporter in Auckland

Remove this Banner Ad

NZ Blue Boy

Rookie
Jan 9, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
International Member of Carlton ever since the package was introduced in late 2013, supporter since watching Jezza in the late 1970s. Visit Melbourne regularly for footy, though I have never lived there. Are any other footy supporters over here ? Let me know. NZ, Australia, any where else...

International Member of Carlton ever since the package was introduced in late 2013, supporter since watching Jezza in the late 1970s. Visit Melbourne regularly for footy, though I have never lived there. Are any other footy supporters over here ? Let me know. NZ, Australia, any where else...
Not a Carlton fan but welcome to the board. Hopefully your boys can climb the ladder this year.

They will.
Thanks. The hiring of Cain Liddle makes me think the Carlton board are looking at the Richmond model for building success. I have mentioned online that Richmond Cheer squad identity that Richmond's rise has really impressed me. Sacriledge for a Blue but I like Richmond. The media over here love Dusty and his dad. Go well. Wishing Australia some decent rain.

Thanks. The hiring of Cain Liddle makes me think the Carlton board are looking at the Richmond model for building success. I have mentioned online that Richmond Cheer squad identity that Richmond's rise has really impressed me. Sacriledge for a Blue but I like Richmond. The media over here love Dusty and his dad. Go well. Wishing Australia some decent rain.
Thanks mate. I don't mind the blues either. Lot of blue mates.

Kia Ora :)

I grew up in New Plymouth before moving to Perth with my family in late primary school and fell in love with footy soon after I moved (I began as a neutral who read the sports section and watched highlights to help my parents with their work footy tips but I was hooked in a matter of weeks)

I didn’t know that footy existed before I loved but I have noticed an slowly but still definitely increasing presence on my trips back :)

What got you into footy? That is interesting !

I went to a game at Western Springs a long time ago which gave me an interest and then would watch the highlight show which was on the tele.

Moved to Melbourne in 99 and after a short time got involved in Auskick at Oak Park and later North Coburg. Son started playing and the rest is history.

Hope you went to the game against Saints in New Zealand when Crippa first went nuts in a senior game.
Never been to New Zealand but should visit there one day.

I did indeed ! I forgot how freezing Wellington is, and went in a tee shirt. Nearly died of hypothermia. I think that might be the only time the boys cleared 100 points in 2015.

I went to a game at Western Springs a long time ago which gave me an interest and then would watch the highlight show which was on the tele.

Moved to Melbourne in 99 and after a short time got involved in Auskick at Oak Park and later North Coburg. Son started playing and the rest is history.
You are speaking of the St Kilda v Geelong exhibition game at the Springs in 1991 ? I was there too. Of course it almost became a cricket oval a few years back, but Speedway people stopped that.

Kia Ora :)

I grew up in New Plymouth before moving to Perth with my family in late primary school and fell in love with footy soon after I moved (I began as a neutral who read the sports section and watched highlights to help my parents with their work footy tips but I was hooked in a matter of weeks)

I didn’t know that footy existed before I loved but I have noticed an slowly but still definitely increasing presence on my trips back :)
I found out about Footy at Princes Park in about 1978. Everyone in West Auckland thinks Im mad. Actually Auckland is not really sports obsessed anyway, so that makes it even more strange. I have cousins in Perth, both women, both dont get footy. They also think i am mad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I found out about Footy at Princes Park in about 1978. Everyone in West Auckland thinks Im mad. Actually Auckland is not really sports obsessed anyway, so that makes it even more strange. I have cousins in Perth, both women, both dont get footy. They also think i am mad.

Should be with 2 UFC title holders training in that city....

You are speaking of the St Kilda v Geelong exhibition game at the Springs in 1991 ? I was there too.

Freaky. I could never remember who Saints played. Always thought it was Sydney.

Of course it almost became a cricket oval a few years back, but Speedway people stopped that.

I remember watching Elton John there back in 75. Great music venue, but yea, speedway was king, although I preferred Waikaraka Park on a Sat night.

Freaky. I could never remember who Saints played. Always thought it was Sydney.

I remember watching Elton John there back in 75. Great music venue, but yea, speedway was king, although I preferred Waikaraka Park on a Sat night.
Local residents in Grey Lynn are so Bolshie its astounding the Speedway has survived. Yep it was Geelong. The promoter of the 1991 game, Will McKenzie, still lives in Sandringham, Auckland. He evidently is still into footy as well. I saw him several years back at the Docklands i think.

Local residents in Grey Lynn are so Bolshie its astounding the Speedway has survived. Yep it was Geelong. The promoter of the 1991 game, Will McKenzie, still lives in Sandringham, Auckland. He evidently is still into footy as well. I saw him several years back at the Docklands i think.

Cheers. Was fun to watch. Good to learn more about the game here.

Welcome, have fun but, I hope your footy team performs like your cricket team.
Reality says there going places.

Welcome to BF. Be sure to drop in to the Carlton board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back