62 West Wallaby St.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Wensleydale Wanderers
CHANGES AT END OF 2020:
IN: J.WEITERING
OUT: M.JAMISON

[TD valign="top"]FB[/TD][TD valign="top"]K.SIMPSON[/TD][TD valign="top"]L.JONES*[/TD][TD valign="top"]S.DOCHERTY*[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]HB[/TD][TD valign="top"]A.MCKAY[/TD][TD valign="top"]J.WEITERING*[/TD][TD valign="top"]H.SCOTLAND[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]C[/TD][TD valign="top"]S.CAMPOREALE[/TD][TD valign="top"]P.CRIPPS*[/TD][TD valign="top"]B.GIBBS[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]HF[/TD][TD valign="top"]A.KOUTOUFIDES[/TD][TD valign="top"]J.WAITE[/TD][TD valign="top"]M.LAPPIN[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]FF[/TD][TD valign="top"]E.BETTS*[/TD][TD valign="top"]B.FEVOLA[/TD][TD valign="top"]L.WHITNALL[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]RR[/TD][TD valign="top"]M.KREUZER[/TD][TD valign="top"]C.JUDD (c)[/TD][TD valign="top"]M.MURPHY*[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]INT[/TD][TD valign="top"]B.RATTEN - N.STEVENS[/TD][TD valign="top"]A.CARRAZZO[/TD][TD valign="top"]E.CURNOW*[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]COACH:[/TD][TD valign="top"]DAVID PARKIN[/TD][TD valign="top"][/TD]

Minimum 50 games qualification.

Thoughts?
Parkin finished coaching in 2000, so not really a 21st century selection. Ratten has the best record out of the recent coaches.

curnow inferno

Team Captain
Nov 22, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Parkin finished coaching in 2000, so not really a 21st century selection. Ratten has the best record out of the recent coaches.
As mentioned a few times earlier in this thread, ratten is in the team himself. Unfortunately we have had such a shocking 20 years theres no other worthy option.

Doro

Collective Narcissism Support Group
Sep 22, 2011
62 West Wallaby St.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Wensleydale Wanderers
As mentioned a few times earlier in this thread, ratten is in the team himself. Unfortunately we have had such a shocking 20 years theres no other worthy option.
Okay, fair enough. You could always have Ratts as a playing coach. You could also probably squeeze SOS into the backline as well, with 2 years of playing in this century.

Blue Warrior

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Craig Bradley would start wing/hff/rover above most players in the squad. Kouta would be in the guts with Judd and cripps with Ratten interchange swapping out in guts.

Definitely 80s and 90s braddles would be in the top 3 picked. But this is 21st century team where he played 3 seasons post 37 years of age.

Braddles was still absolutely elite until the end. He was in AA contention up until his final year.

Tied for 14th in the 2000 Brownlow. Tied for 21st the following year.

curnow inferno

Team Captain
Nov 22, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Braddles was still absolutely elite until the end. He was in AA contention up until his final year.

if were going by brownlow placings, check gibbs, cripps, murphy, ratten, kouta, judd and campo who are all the starting mids in this team. I think youll find all of them have finished top 10 :)

if were going by brownlow placings, check gibbs, cripps, murphy, ratten, kouta, judd and campo who are all the starting mids in this team. I think youll find all of them have finished top 10 :)

Not doubting that. I'd put Braddles on a flank which is where he played when he was winding his career down.

heatleystandend

Debutant
Nov 12, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton

Craig Bradley is one of my very favourite all-time Carlton players. It used to drive me insane when people would rubbish him because he was an outside player. He was a star from the start and simply a brilliant player. His performance in the last quarter of the 87 second semi was unbelievable. Easy selection in the team of the 20th century.

But your memory of the end of his career is very clouded. He finished 10th in the B&F in both 2000 and 2001 and the Brownlow voting is very misleading. I am not sure 2 tenth places gets him in the team of this century.

Blue Warrior

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Definitely 80s and 90s braddles would be in the top 3 picked. But this is 21st century team where he played 3 seasons post 37 years of age.

Fair enough I just thought the criteria was to have played 50 games in the 2000's not how they played in those games if it is on performance during then I agree.
But if it's on career plus playing 50 in that era he is a walk up start.

curnow inferno

Team Captain
Nov 22, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
CHANGES AT END OF 2022:
IN: WALSH, C.CURNOW
OUT: CARRAZZO, WAITE

FBK.SIMPSONL.JONESS.DOCHERTY*
HBA.MCKAYJ.WEITERING*H.SCOTLAND
CS.CAMPOREALEP.CRIPPS* (vc)S.WALSH*
HFA.KOUTOUFIDESC.CURNOW*M.LAPPIN
FFE.BETTSB.FEVOLAL.WHITNALL
RRM.KREUZERC.JUDD (c)M.MURPHY
INTB.RATTENB.GIBBSN.STEVENS - E.CURNOW*
COACH:BRETT RATTEN

Harry I think needs one more season to break in.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Cripps elevated above Judd as captain. Easily.
It's closer than you think...

Cripps vs Judd (at Carlton)

Games: 159 vs 145
Seasons as captain: 4 vs 5
All Australians: 4 vs 4
Brownlows: 1 vs 1
Brownlow Votes: 119 vs 116
Leigh Matthews Award: 1 vs 1
B&Fs: 4 vs 3
Finals series: 0 vs 4

Cripps has an extra B&F, although Judd won his in stronger teams. Everything else is basically square.

Cripps will easily cover Judd's Carlton career. But right now they're basically inseparable...

Big Delut

All Australian
Nov 27, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Inter, Cubs, Gli Azzurri
It's closer than you think...

Cripps vs Judd (at Carlton)

Games: 159 vs 145
Seasons as captain: 4 vs 5
All Australians: 4 vs 4
Brownlows: 1 vs 1
Brownlow Votes: 119 vs 116
Leigh Matthews Award: 1 vs 1
B&Fs: 4 vs 3
Finals series: 0 vs 4

Cripps has an extra B&F, although Judd won his in stronger teams. Everything else is basically square.

Cripps will easily cover Judd's Carlton career. But right now they're basically inseparable...

Cripps has 3, not 4 AA's

Apr 22, 2008
Mamba Style !!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakers
You can * Liam Jones right off, Jamison at FB ahead of him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back