Preview Carlton: The 2019 Preview

Remove this Banner Ad

TeeJay Blue

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Couldn't find the appropriate thread for this post so I decided to create a thread for it. If any mod manages to find one, feel free to move this.

I'm not entirely fond of this piece as I know it might irritate a few people (especially the first few paragraphs). But I wanted to write something up for the 2019 season rather than look as if I've given up after a horrid year. A little of what is said here is intentionally absurd and some is an attempt at being humorous. However, I'm not by any means expecting good reception here. Just thought I'd give it a shot. Do take it with a grain of salt.

But also consider that I have written some positive notes on some of the players and throw my support to a couple as well. I even give some season predictions (which aren't entirely like the ones that have already been set up here). My predictions might come across as a little underwhelming, but I do expect some improvement from the team this year (and I do believe it will come as well). Predictions have also been formed after some sensible thought.

CARLTON: THE 2019 PREVIEW

Another quick note.
I am still doing a season chart for both the men and the women this year. However the women's chart will only be posted once (the final chart) after the season has concluded given that I have too much time on my hands focusing on other things at the moment.

:blueheart::blueheart::blueheart: Looking forward to the new year, and may Carlton defy my expectations. :blueheart::blueheart::blueheart:

Last edited:
"But when I take one look at this man, I don't see what others do. Although he might not seem as vocal as most others, I don't see him as 'soft' or 'pea-hearted'. If anything, it's quite the opposite. We have to understand that he is human. He gets hurt. He bleeds. He has his good days and his bad days. Most importantly, he has a family (a wife in Jessie and a baby boy named Max). I find any criticism towards him nothing but one bolstering their own ego. We instead should be thanking Murphy for helping to carry a club during a time the direction wasn't so clear. We should be commending him for the persistence and half-glass-full attitude he has carried going into each year. Like most mature-aged leaders, Murphy looks forward with both loyalty and great belief. Him being a number one pick means bugger all. He has given enough to be respected by us and we should all cheer him on come the season opener against the tigers."

You sir, are a legend. I'm 100% with you on Murph. It seriously triggers me when I see the idiotic backlash against him.

Superb preview!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back