Rumour Carlton to enter mini-rebuild. Teague to be sacked. Weitering to be captain.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Yup, Top 5 midfielder in the league wants to come to Carlton and they’re handing over their first pick for a half back flanker whose greatest accolade is coming third in the best and fairest in a team that hasn’t won a final for 6,000 days.

I mean really.

Jun 14, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
What? So do you believe that no other club in the AFL has asked his manager about him either?

Strange comment.
No managers involved I think: Clayton was begging to be traded to the Blues and Cripps was the one who did all the hard work in convincing him that his best chance of a flag was with the Blues.

The trade was worked on very heavily behind closed doors and im told the info came from a source who has never ever been wrong.
Paddy Dow and a second I think was the offer?

Love a good “bluemour”!!

May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Carlton, Tennessee Titans
No managers involved I think: Clayton was begging to be traded to the Blues and Cripps was the one who did all the hard work in convincing him that his best chance of a flag was with the Blues.

The trade was worked on very heavily behind closed doors and im told the info came from a source who has never ever been wrong.
Paddy Dow and a second I think was the offer?

Love a good “bluemour”!!
Except that's not what you said a minute ago.

You are completely and utterly delusional if you think Carlton had a crack at Oliver.

If you think that Carlton, and most likely another 10-12 clubs, didn't at least ask the question about Oliver then you're the one who is "completely and utterly delusional", no matter how much mayo you want to add to try and change what you just said.

Jun 14, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Except that's not what you said a minute ago.

If you think that Carlton, and most likely another 10-12 clubs, didn't at least ask the question about Oliver then you're the one who is "completely and utterly delusional", no matter how much mayo you want to add to try and change what you just said.
Carlton didn’t “ask the question”. They had their captain befriend and convince Oliver that he should join the Blues to win a flag. I read it on the Carlton board.

As an aside, it’s no wonder that Cripps is so cooked with all the extra assignments the club has given him!

May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Carlton, Tennessee Titans
Carlton didn’t “ask the question”. They had their captain befriend and convince Oliver that he should join the Blues to win a flag. I read it on the Carlton board.

As an aside, it’s no wonder that Cripps is so cooked with all the extra assignments the club has given him!
Just like I read on the Melbourne board that you guys had McKay in the bag, in a trade for Oliver yeah?

My bad, I'd thought this board was meant to be serious discussion or at least thinly disguised trolling, I guess the the disguise isn't needed after all.

Cripps 'n' Blue Bloods

Sir Cripps of Carlton House
Mar 26, 2015
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Tigers, Bendigo Braves, OKC
Need to rebuild midfield depth. Forward and Backline doesn't need to be touched - we just dont have enough quality going through the engine room.
Umm, what?
We have so many mids that we're playing them in the wrong positions.
Dow, O'Brien, SPS, Kennedy, Cripps, Stocker, Carroll, Kemp, Walsh, Martin, Fisher, Cuningham, Durdin, Newnes, Ramsay, Curnow, Gibbons, Setterfield, Cottrell.
We also recruited Williams to play midfield and Doc was playing wing before getting injured. Silvagni and Fogarty also both rotate through the middle.

In KPDs we have Weitering and Jones, then nothing... Marchbank will be lucky to play again
In KPFs we have Curnow, McKay, Gov, McDonald, then nothing... Levi likely to retire
Rucks we have TDK, Pitto, Mirkov (likely delist), then nothing... See above for Levi

"The culture will change. In the past the President and others have been too led by players and player feelings. That is not how Luke Sayers runs things. He is the boss. He makes the rules. You play by them or you leave. There is a host of ex-PwC Partners that can attest to this. The only thing that matters performance."

Carlton aren't winning a flag anytime in the next decade if this is what they think is needed.

Nothing like ruling with an iron fist to get the culture humming.

Back