News Carlton to field standalone Reserves Side in 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

This article mentions Fraser Phillips has been put on our vfl training program and will be monitored - I guess this means he's training with the ressies for a chance to sign with them? Would be a fan of signing him up if true

On CPH1877 using BigFooty.com mobile app

This article mentions Fraser Phillips has been put on our vfl training program and will be monitored - I guess this means he's training with the ressies for a chance to sign with them? Would be a fan of signing him up if true

On CPH1877 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Like it. Raw prospect, would probably have been given another year if not for the list cuts. He was never going to be the type to walk into the seniors in his first couple of seasons, but from reports he was showing some good signs up forward. Get him on board with the reserves and I reckon he could be our Tom Stewart or Bailey Fritsch. Would love to see more of those types - late bloomers who get developed in the VFL and then picked up by the club who has put the time into them.

Has the 2021 VFL Fixture come out yet ?

As much as I love Princes Park, I would love more VFL curtain raisers at the G and Marvel (although maybe not logistical whilst we are still dealing with the COVID crisis)

Hopefully no trips to Frankston, not fun travelling down to that rubbish tip 👎👎👎

Happy to hear the Northern Bullants are back though

As much as I love Princes Park, I would love more VFL curtain raisers at the G and Marvel (although maybe not logistical whilst we are still dealing with the COVID crisis)

Hopefully no trips to Frankston, not fun travelling down to that rubbish tip 👎👎👎

Don't have to worry about Frankston, they aren't in the new reserves comp (they are in the second tier of that comp i believe)

Don't have to worry about Frankston, they aren't in the new reserves comp (they are in the second tier of that comp i believe)

True story.

Back in 1989, I went to the Frankston vs Brunswick game down at their dung heap. I was mates with Wayne Harmes at the time, and he played a season with the Wicks, so I headed down there to watch the game.

When we arrived, we heard that the reserves game had been abandoned due to brawls between the players, that eventually spilled over to the crowd....with players and supporters punching on in the outer. The umpires had no control over the proceedings, so I assume for everyone's safety called the game off.

Then the seniors came out, and it was nearly as bad. Frankston had a few ex St Kilda players like Sarau and Mace running around just sniping blokes. Thank god it didn't spill over into the crowd as well, but got really ugly and tensions were at boiling point with players and supporters. It was scary stuff, and I was just glad when we got out of the joint alive.

True story.

Back in 1989, I went to the Frankston vs Brunswick game down at their dung heap. I was mates with Wayne Harmes at the time, and he played a season with the Wicks, so I headed down there to watch the game.

When we arrived, we heard that the reserves game had been abandoned due to brawls between the players, that eventually spilled over to the crowd....with players and supporters punching on in the outer. The umpires had no control over the proceedings, so I assume for everyone's safety called the game off.

Then the seniors came out, and it was nearly as bad. Frankston had a few ex St Kilda players like Sarau and Mace running around just sniping blokes. Thank god it didn't spill over into the crowd as well, but got really ugly and tensions were at boiling point with players and supporters. It was scary stuff, and I was just glad when we got out of the joint alive.
Not exclusive to Frankston. Played a game against Pomona (Sunshine Coast of QLD) about 15 years ago and it had a feel of the arrival of the mountain men about it. Pulled up in the bus and a bunch of hairy wild men created an intimidating presence around the ground. Throughout the first 3 quarters, there were spot fires everywhere that didn’t eventuate into much. Split lip here, black eye there stuff and away we go. The last quarter turned into The Hills Have Eyes stuff as even a player running too close to the boundary was belted by a spectator. Not many possessions had, lots of haymakers. Ended up with 4 stitches in my head from a knee while under a pack and a bruised arse cheek from, I think, a kick or knee in a marking contest. Hadn’t been in a fight for 15 years prior to that, plenty weird.

Not exclusive to Frankston. Played a game against Pomona (Sunshine Coast of QLD) about 15 years ago and it had a feel of the arrival of the mountain men about it. Pulled up in the bus and a bunch of hairy wild men created an intimidating presence around the ground. Throughout the first 3 quarters, there were spot fires everywhere that didn’t eventuate into much. Split lip here, black eye there stuff and away we go. The last quarter turned into The Hills Have Eyes stuff as even a player running too close to the boundary was belted by a spectator. Not many possessions had, lots of haymakers. Ended up with 4 stitches in my head from a knee while under a pack and a bruised arse cheek from, I think, a kick or knee in a marking contest. Hadn’t been in a fight for 15 years prior to that, plenty weird.
Aaahhh Pomona.
Breed em weird up there.
My, my, my, my Pomona. Woooow!
I have a knack for bad puns.
True story though, the coach of the under tens final words ringing in the youngens ears as they took they field.........show em no mercy!
I was like wtf!

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back