News Carlton to field standalone Reserves Side in 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

bmaurizio

Premiership Player
Aug 11, 2004
Singapore
AFL Club
Carlton
Hopefully Luke Power will be coach things need to be refreshed the 2nds coaching needs restructuring it had stagnate. Fraser can look after the Ruckmen?

katmanblue

Premium Platinum
Nov 27, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Hopefully Luke Power will be coach things need to be refreshed the 2nds coaching needs restructuring it had stagnate. Fraser can look after the Ruckmen?
Fraser is gone

Garters

Team Captain
Apr 12, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
This is one of the most crucial aspects of sustained success
Totally. This is the last key piece of the puzzle to fall. Should have been done years ago. Will be able to get a good consistent look at all the kids and have an informed view to take to the table re who is going to make it and who maybe not come end of 2021. Just need a good coach to take the reins.

Jimmae

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tennessee Titans, Tottenham Hotspur
Finally we get a chance to see how much Preston was mismanaging their side of things (if at all).

FWIW, I think this will be an improvement for both development and on-field results at both levels, and perhaps will finally lead to a more synergised use of resources with the AFLW and VFLW teams too.

ItsAllAboutMe

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
I am still struggling to understand why we have implemented a 22 team season with travelling interstate when we are struggling with costs. Makes no sense for next year.
I assume there will be conferences or perhaps divisions, otherwise makes no sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mediumsizered

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
Fraser will be coaching the Bullants.

Dramoth

Premium Platinum
Jul 19, 2005
Bunbury, WA
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Good to see that the AFL Is going to allow the Bullants to survive after this bullshit year. Although, having them and the Carlton reserves in the same competition is going to cause me a few drama’s when they play each other.

passmark

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
The only good thing about this is I don’t have to hear that, not having a stand alone team, is a reason for our firsts not succeeding.

GapInIkonPark

Premiership Player
Nov 22, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
I am interested in where / how we get an additional 6-8 players to cover for injuries, etc.

Team looks something like:

Newman. Macreadie. Cottrell.
Kemp. Marchbank. Polson.
O’Brien. Stocker. Newnes.
JSOS. Phillips. Owies.
Honey. Philp. 1.
R. Pitto. Kennedy. Dow.
I. Ramsay. Moore. 2. 3.

List sizes to be determined and a couple of draftees after Gibbons, but a handful of injuries and we’ll need unlisted / top up players.

FitzroyBlueBagger

FitzroyBlueBagger
Sep 30, 2018
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Carlton
About bloody time, having had a crippling club it’s been so painful not fielding our own stand alone team which has been horrendous particularly for our player development and game plan cohesion... The club still has some things to build on and achieve but has made some enormous strides on the back of 5 years exceptional work by everyone, friggin awesome... Be a little like the old days going down and watching the reserves games on our home turf again, 10 games maybe, happy days...

Remove this Banner Ad