News Carlton to field standalone Reserves Side in 2021

This announcement and the other announcement today that the AFLW and VFLW seasons are aligning so players not getting a game in the top side can get a game and put their hand up in the ressies, are music to my ears.

BigFrizz36

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 20, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
tumblr_pmdviwqmt91w9j4ono1_540.gif
Add another team to your list of teams supported, Carlton reserves.

Fantastic, another reason to get excited for 2021, just feels like we're getting our football club back and seeing it all come together.

Aspley - you mean 'The Filth'. Hate those Aspley bastards !! :D :D

(... by the way - whose Aspley ??)

The Hornets. Take a swing at one of the bastards and they all come after you.

About ******* time!

Finally a decision that is for the good of the game, a massive step in the right direction.

Jul 22, 2003
Melbourne
Gee, the Northern v Carlton clash might have some spice to it. The boys from Preston will be fired up for that.

I suppose no details yet around VFL lists, and how numbers or top-ups might work? Is there likely to be a separate roster of players tied to our VFL team, or is ShaneO going to be ringing around the suburban clubs seeking fill-ins on the morning of matches? Perhaps a couple of U18 lads could feature each week or something? Ahh, the good old days of the likes of Matty Blagrove tearing it up as a top-up player.

Excuse my ignorance but can someone please explain the difference between a stand-alone side and what we had with the Northern Bullants/Blues? I'm assuming we have a lot more of a say on who plays, game plan, etc.? And that we have a separate list for the second tier comp but our players can also get games?

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Excuse my ignorance but can someone please explain the difference between a stand-alone side and what we had with the Northern Bullants/Blues? I'm assuming we have a lot more of a say on who plays, game plan, etc.? And that we have a separate list for the second tier comp but our players can also get games?

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Exactly, we control this new team, our players filled in for the other one.

Back