Coach Carlton under Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

"Half our best 22 including our best key defender."

Lol, talk about drawing a long bow! The word "hyperbole" comes to mind!
Cerra, Cuningham, Marchbank, Owies, McGovern, Pittonet, Weitering, Williams - almost 40% of our best 22 - all injured.

Martin, E. Curnow, S. Durdin, McDonald and Parks also all injured - although not best 22, each would've played in the game tonight due to injuries to the players listed above.

13 players injured who would've easily made our best 22 tonight.

Cerra, Cuningham, Marchbank, Owies, McGovern, Pittonet, Weitering, Williams - almost 40% of our best 22 - all injured.

Martin, E. Curnow, S. Durdin, McDonald and Parks also all injured - although not best 22, each would've played in the game tonight due to injuries to the players listed above.

Need to get some players back to compete against Melbourne. Don't listen to the noise - they are the only genuine premiership team. Others are fighting for the chance to play them on the last day of Sept.

You had me at McGovern. He's best 22 in an eating contest at McDonald's...

Luke Ryan would give him a good run though.

Edit - Darcy is also a great fat player and would push McGovern.
Darcy won our Best and Fairest Award. McGovern has no doubt won pie eating contests...and that's about it.

"Half our best 22 including our best key defender."

Lol, talk about drawing a long bow! The word "hyperbole" comes to mind!
Significant outs are Pittonet, Weitering and Cerra.

Others injured:

Owies - can be covered by Motlop, don't lose that much
Marchbank - In place of Plowman if fit, which isn't often (one game since 2019)
McGovern - ditto Plowman, but would only play one of him or Marchbank
S Durdin - Would of played instead of Kemp today, but wouldn't be ahead of Young or Weiters
McDonald - ditto S Durdin
Cuningham - more myth than man at this point, been injury prone his whole career, debatable he would be best 22
Martin - would of been dropped anyway after last week

Issue has been one of our tall defenders getting injured each of the last 2 weeks, but we have had a solid core in defence of Young, Saad, Docherty and Newman who have a good understanding working together (and all having close to career best seasons).

So in short, unless we plan on playing a side of 14 defenders, we don't have half a side out.

Disappointing weekend for Voss and Carlton. Poor accuracy in front of goal to leave St Kilda in the finals race and themselves out of the top four. Major Teague flashbacks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointing weekend for Voss and Carlton. Poor accuracy in front of goal to leave St Kilda in the finals race and themselves out of the top four. Major Teague flashbacks.
I'd worry more about Freo's recent form if I were you.
Last 3 games, barely beat Hawks (15th) and Port (12th) and lost to a team of "pretenders" who are giving you "major Teague flashbacks".

But of course, we all know that this is just residual offended from 2 weeks ago. Maybe take it to the Bay.

I'd worry more about Freo's recent form if I were you.
Last 3 games, barely beat Hawks (15th) and Port (12th) and lost to a team of "pretenders" who are giving you "major Teague flashbacks".

But of course, we all know that this is just residual offended from 2 weeks ago. Maybe take it to the Bay.
Sir, this is the Carlton under Voss thread, not the Fremantle under Longmuir thread.

But, you then got beaten by a side you claimed to be a pretender

I mean you do realise no side has the same draw, at the same time, at the venue, with the same players, yeah?
..and we beat you earlier in the year...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back