Alpha1

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Mar 27, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
We will still make finals and we are still in the eight it's not the end of the world, yes it was a bad loss and what is worse is that we showed no fight, other that the first 10 minutes. Seems like after that we said ok thats enough we have started well the rest dose not matter.

There are a few player who need to have a run in the seconds, we need to improve our skills and we need to be taught how to have a dip and play with pride and passion, unfortunately the last few weeks a few players seem to be going through the motions, almost living off the wins against the Saints and Cats (it's probrably not true) but it feels that way.

We know we have the young talent on our list, we know we have some potentially brilliant players, but potential is a dirty word. I don't really care how bad a player is as long as he goes in and tries his hardest, we have a few on our list that should be hanging their heads in shame.

As Carlton supporters and some of us on here have been following the Blues for over 40 years and been through thick and thin we know it's a long way to the top, a lot of hard work and rebuilding, today was a massive bump in the road, but we will pick ourselves up and live to fight another day.

It's not Rattens fault if the players can't be bothered playing with spirit, or working hard for their team mates, or chasing, tacking and doing the little things, if we can't hit a target how is that the coaches fault?

Also some posters need to stop calling other Carlton fans trolls just because they are hurting and venting. Sorry about the long rant but hey you get that.

POSITIVES:-

Warnock
did some nice things and is starting to work back into AFL

Hampson gave us something tried his hardest

Yarran once again tried, fair effort

Murphy tried hard to support Judd

Judd was slightly down today, but did try

We are a young side we will make the top four in the next couple of years, we will be ok, but we need to see them play with a lot more passion and determination.

i think we can add simmo and waite to that list, along with warnock were our best three

• Banned
Murphy tried against the odds most times, had little support.

+

warnock
hampson
grigg

-

not so sure we'll make the finals. if we need 2 games, they'll have to come from essendon and richmond... and i wouldn't pencil us in at the moment.

something obviously stinks. i'm not really into the sack & delist stuff, but our last half of the year has been terrible. i don't care how young we are. you don't stop imploring a better performance from your team just because you don't think they can do better.

Positives

Warnock showed a lot in the ruck.

Grigg had another solid game.

Hampson showed glimpses in both ruck and forward.

Ellard battled his heart out.

Walker was ok up forward.

Yarran was apparently ill during the week so was running a bit slower but still tried to take the game on and run and bounce.

Negatives

Beaten, no smashed for work rate, intensity and pressure after quarter time.

Not getting first to the ball.

Not supporting the ball carrier.

Bower seems to be struggling to keep up.

Hope Judd's shoulder isn't too bad.

Not enough numbers to the contest.

Very poor effort in the 2nd quarter, players need to learn that's all it takes to lose a game.

Positives
-Warnock
-Ellard in the guts
-Gibbs when played in the middle
-Hampson
-Yarran and his effort
-Last quarter we saw some effort, but too little too late
-Johnson did some nice things, and I like having him in the side

Negatives
-Turnovers!!!
-I don't think that there was really any players that played terribly (although Scotland struggled), our game plan and intensity just didn't come off

Negatives
Murphy - tried, but just wasn't good enough.
Henderson - just wasn't there today.
late changes - why wait til last quarter to realise that things aren't working?
Judd's little twig (shoulder, not the fiance).
Bower - isn't keeping up.

Positives:
Warnock.
Hampson. Really, really like him. Huge Kouta like hands.
Ellard - tried so hard for his second game.
Simpson.
Walker up forward - good. He plays well up there, always has. Let's leave him there for hte rest of the year!
Grigg played ok.

Yarran was definitely a positive today. Three or four times in the last quarter he got the ball slightly forward of centre and had the composure to steady himself and make a perfect chip pass onto the chest of a leading forward ... shame only one of them resulted in a mark :rolleyes: He still needs to find the ball more, but is getting better and better every week and is one player I feel completely comfortable with the ball in his hands.

Ellard also looked a lot more comfortable as the game went on, could be the in and under midfielder we so desperately need.

Pros
- Warnock
- Ellard's last quarter
- Simpson's second half

Cons
- Murphy - top 10 in Brownlow last year, lucky to make top 100 this year.
- Who was good when it mattered? Jamison was good when it mattered, Yarran fought hard, Warnock....not many were good in the second and third quarters.
- Walker - you are a pedestrian some times. Is it the shoulder that makes you sit back and wait for others to grab the ball?
- Team work. Nowhere near the Pies.

can't agree about Murphy having a good game

Agree Guns. :thumbsu:

Murph is my favourite player but he was poor today and struggled to hit targets and didnt seem interested for the majority of the day. It was like the whole team was waiting for someone else to do the hard stuff and get us up and going. I dont know what is wrong right now with us and watching the game today from level 3 of the MCC members the amount of kicks that lead directly to a turnover and missed targets are atrocious and our skill level is just not up there right now. Half of the team seems to be in a slump right now and ****ed if i know how Ratts can turn this around. Limping into the finals like this is a joke and we will get smashed in September if our skill level does not improve.

Not to mention the tackling which was non existent today even with us having 100 less possies and this is just not on.

As for positives i didnt see many and we struggled to have any player on the ground who you could say beat his Collingwood opponent.

For me only Warnock was the positive. Contested really well, did some nice things around the ground. When he has a bigger influence over the ground he could be a special player.

Against one of the better ruckman going around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think what we are lacking is passion, not to mention courage and not being lazy and working hard can you teach players that?

Simmo was great, as usual.
Warnock, Grigg, and Ellard showed some determination. Funny how the guys who are not guaranteed their spot in the team seem to be the most feisty, despite their ability.
Juddy, Yarran, and Hampson were in there.
I thought Bower seemed a bit out of his depth today, he's probably improving his fitness though.

I think what we are lacking is passion, not to mention courage and not being lazy and working hard can you teach players that?

We want various players in the 22 for their development and you have just made me realize that Mitch is as valuable as any of them
BECAUSE HE HAS COURAGE. Let's leave him in the team to develop his skills etc because we surely cannot afford to waste courage

We want various players in the 22 for their development and you have just made me realize that Mitch is as valuable as any of them
BECAUSE HE HAS COURAGE. Let's leave him in the team to develop his skills etc because we surely cannot afford to waste courage

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

POSITIVES:
- Warnock is the obvious one
- Grigg as well
- Hammer is getting better
- It's nearly the end of the season

NEGATIVES:
- Judd injured
- The usual no teamwork thing
- We lost
- Having to put up with all the s**t about Collingwood being so good

Well we played the same way against Sydney, lazy, no one chasing, standing off the man and watching Judd do the hard work, pathetic no wonder we are a laughing stock, I fear for Judd he is going to be ground into the dust playing for Carlton.

+

Warnock. Good game and will get better. Good below his knees today.

Ellard. Ratts can point him out in the review during the week and say to most of today's side "that's the level of desire/want we're after". Anyone else noticed that no oppo. player can EVER wrestle the ball out of his grasp. He WANTS the pill.

-

We lack the required number of violent, psychopathic, axe-murderer types. We're not up to scratch in the rough, hard-contested stuff. I'm talking Hammill, Fraser Brown, Peter Dean types.

Our confidence looks shot. Makes you look worse than you really are.

Our effort level/work ethic is way off what's required. The Pies outnumbered us at nearly every contest and also then outnumbered us out in the open spaces when moving forward. That's just work ethic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back