Autopsy Carlton v Essendon Practice Match - We won:- 14.11 (95) to 11.8 (74)!

Remove this Banner Ad

Devils advocate on this;
Watching the Essendon example, the player takes 3 to 4 steps to his right and doesn't even dispose the ball. Now the player on the mark did the same, which is a penalty in this case, but my question, if the player with the ball leaves his line without disposing off the ball, why isn't play on?
100% agree

Just like players have to adjust, so do umps. Some will do it better than others...

In the meantime, us fans have to put up with inconsistent rubbish stemming from yet another rule change...

I guess my gripe is more with the league itself atm

This game will mean little as a team, more significant for individuals hoping to fit into a team context and sheep’s capacity. Both teams will rest stars early. End will be an anticlimax after 6 quarters. Looking to see if we debut a more attacking style and see if Saad, Williams, Walsh et. al. take on the man on the mark rule.

Mostly yes, it's going to be harder than it has been in a long time to get a spot in the Carlton team so individuals need to put their hands up. It means more as a team than you think though, we want to play a certain way and we haven't mastered that by a long way. We need to show we are a step closer to that.

Mostly yes, it's going to be harder than it has been in a long time to get a spot in the Carlton team so individuals need to put their hands up. It means more as a team than you think though, we want to play a certain way and we haven't mastered that by a long way. We need to show we are a step closer to that.
They will want to show they are competitive in the early stages and showcase the development of potential best 22 players. Then they will expand roles and have a look at some youngsters to see what they have and whether they can ,Aints in or even enhance the systemic elements of the game. Looking forward to it!

They will want to show they are competitive in the early stages and showcase the development of potential best 22 players. Then they will expand roles and have a look at some youngsters to see what they have and whether they can ,Aints in or even enhance the systemic elements of the game. Looking forward to it!
There is plenty to take away from these pre-season games but I think the AFL are getting a bit too carried away with this; " Maybe it’s not so doom and gloom for Hawthorn after all" because the Hawks managed to turn a 4 goal deficit half way through the 3rd to a 3 goal win - I wonder how they did that?

Hoping/excited to see the following:

- Dow and Stocker in midfield roles
- Saad, Williams and Fogarty
- Durdin and Fisher partnership
- Inside midfield version of Walsh
- Offensive game plan with no Casboult, McG, or Charlie - will we still bomb it aimlessly out of stoppage?
- Harry kicking 7

This ^^

We already have the talent, we'll eventually see development from the kids, but game plan on the other hand isn't as easy to fix. Seeing the entries inside 50 will be particularly interesting.

This ^^

We already have the talent, we'll eventually see development from the kids, but game plan on the other hand isn't as easy to fix. Seeing the entries inside 50 will be particularly interesting.
Yep 100% - our ability to run and carry from a stoppage is almost non-existent, and it's something the best clubs do regularly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep 100% - our ability to run and carry from a stoppage is almost non-existent, and it's something the best clubs do regularly
I think that should read "was" not "is". We got Saad and Williams for exactly that reason, if we can get someone like Dow, Cuningham, Fogarty or Stocker to emerge to provide that initial burst from the stoppage they will attract opposition to them and create more space outside.

We are going to be fun to watch in 2021.

[TD valign="top"]
Just got the email with the stream access.

Same:-

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"] Thank you for committing to 2021 with All of Us.

As a member, you have access to an exclusive live stream of this Thursday's practice match against Essendon.

[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back