Autopsy Carlton v Essendon Practice Match - We won:- 14.11 (95) to 11.8 (74)!

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
I think I laughed a bit too much at Jennifer Keyte just saying on the news,”the bombers won’t be happy about this news.... Joe says he’s good to go in season 2021”. It’s funny because it’s true.

gbatman

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2008
Behind You...
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Justice League
Looking forward to seeing how we play, whether there's a harder physical edge, how the young ones have progressed and whether we can use the speed we have added to the team effectively. Looking at which forwards put in a good game and how players go in new roles. I would like to thing that we are going to be far too good and overpower Essendon at the contest in this one and out run them in free play. There are plenty of fringe players who should be hungry to make a good impression, for many of them this is an audition for round one.

SammaGilberto

Premiership Player
Suspended
May 2, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
I recall one embarrassing shambles of a pre-season game against these campaigners............
Weiters first game in the jumper, before a few software updates.

1614064227571.png

blue healer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 25, 2010
wagga wagga
AFL Club
Carlton
I recall one embarrassing shambles of a pre-season game against these campaigners............

If you're talking about the 80 odd point loss at Lavington oval in Albury, I was there.

A cop pulled me up on a backroad going a little fast on my way home. He saw the Carlton jumper on my young un and I told him where we'd been, he asked me the score. When I said * he swore just a little and told me to watch out for Roos.

That was '95 so just a bad start to a very good footy year.

If you're talking about the 80 odd point loss at Lavington oval in Albury, I was there.

A cop pulled me up on a backroad going a little fast on my way home. He saw the Carlton jumper on my young un and I told him where we'd been, he asked me the score. When I said * he swore just a little and told me to watch out for Roos.

That was '95 so just a bad start to a very good footy year.
Ha! Nah, a few years back at PP. We were a ******* disgrace, pre-season or not............

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 15, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, OKC Thunder
Yahoo showing footage of the interpretation of the new man on the mark rule in an Essendon scratch match.

Boy this is gonna be fun.
Seen that

It’s a natural reaction to deviate off the mark if the opposition player with the ball starts moving sideways

I can see what they are trying to do but it’ll be a bloody nightmare early this season...

May 1, 2002
AFL Club
Carlton
Seen that

It’s a natural reaction to deviate off the mark if the opposition player with the ball starts moving sideways

I can see what they are trying to do but it’ll be a bloody nightmare early this season...

See this were the umpires need to do their jobs.
If a player deviates off his mark, they need to call play on and fairly quickly, in which case it allows the man on the mark to also move off the mark. The umpires need to be watching the kicker as well as the man on the mark!!!
Good luck, as they will only be concentrating on the one individual.......

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
Looking forward to seeing how we play, whether there's a harder physical edge, how the young ones have progressed and whether we can use the speed we have added to the team effectively. Looking at which forwards put in a good game and how players go in new roles. I would like to thing that we are going to be far too good and overpower Essendon at the contest in this one and out run them in free play. There are plenty of fringe players who should be hungry to make a good impression, for many of them this is an audition for round one.
This game will mean little as a team, more significant for individuals hoping to fit into a team context and sheep’s capacity. Both teams will rest stars early. End will be an anticlimax after 6 quarters. Looking to see if we debut a more attacking style and see if Saad, Williams, Walsh et. al. take on the man on the mark rule.

Oct 15, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, OKC Thunder
See this were the umpires need to do their jobs.
If a player deviates off his mark, they need to call play on and fairly quickly, in which case it allows the man on the mark to also move off the mark. The umpires need to be watching the kicker as well as the man on the mark!!!
Good luck, as they will only be concentrating on the one individual.......
I’m critical of umps, especially ones that over officiate, must be a bloody tough gig sometimes though...

Constant rule changes, some open to interpretation, all whilst many fans are out for blood...

I’m critical of umps, especially ones that over officiate, must be a bloody tough gig sometimes though...

Constant rule changes, some open to interpretation, all whilst many fans are out for blood...
ya think?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back