Preview Carlton v Fremantle Sunday 21st May 4.40PM (AEST) @ Domain Stadium - Final Team post #778

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If not today, I would like to see Marchbank spend some time forward, sooner rather than later. Has an explosive bust of speed off the lead, which would trouble defenders as well as being strong in the air. He would be a difficult match up

I don't mind experiments but Marchbank is dominating in defence and is already an intercept king.

Can we just recruit some forwards to play forward instead of trying to convert all our elite defenders into forwards?

Real chance today. Bolton will out process Lyon.

Weitering back will strengthen defence
Cuningham will add real grunt to midfield and provide much relief to Cripps & Murphy
Expect SPS to step up again and have his best game for club.
Fisher to get more than 20 possessions
Gibbs & Silvagni to kick 3 each

Low scoring game with lots of easy posessions.

Blues by 19 points

Agree, but not just yet. Has been told to punch when in doubt and punches when perhaps he should not be in doubt ...
Marchbank, Plowman, Weitering, Macreadie not ready yet to take a gorilla forward, perhaps Jones is? I think it will happen next year ...
Silvagni did a good job on Franklin who's 199cm.
It doesn't sound like a proper lockdown defender is the role Jones has been playing & thriving at in the VFL anyway. Maybe he's more suited to that defensive wing position Simpson is currently playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back