Carlton v Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

What do you mean Marsh series conditions?

is the game going ahead and available to be attended?

I got this from an article on Carlton's website:

The Northern Blues will take on Brisbane's NEAFL team on Sunday. Due to Marsh Community Series regulations, the game will be played behind closed doors and not open to the public.

Seems a bit odd. Wonder what those regulations are.

Not quite the point of my previous post, which was a reply/comment to another post.
Yeah sure, you were replying to a post about physicality but then went on to make a point about the difference in skill set between Rowell and Dev which is what I was responding to.

I've just got on the site and I am a bit confused. Our Two's are playing at Princes Park but I can't get in to see them because of some sort of rule?

IF SO I INTEND TO GRATE CLASH THE GAME!!!!

Used to attempt to gate crash Uni Balls in the old days with bugger all success. They would let good looking blokes in and tell me to f... off no matter what my spiel was.

Can you get a drink at a practice match or do i have to bring a 'thermos' of coffee; a drink I cannot stand?

I've just got on the site and I am a bit confused. Our Two's are playing at Princes Park but I can't get in to see them because of some sort of rule?

Used to attempt to gate crash Uni Balls in the old days with bugger all success. They would let good looking blokes in and tell me to f... off no matter what my spiel was.

Can you get a drink at a practice match or do i have to bring a 'thermos' of coffee; a drink I cannot stand?
The whole issue of not being able to watch the reserves is farcical; nothing short.

I wonder if u can go into the social club...grab an ale...have a wander around n watch the game thru the big glassed area?

The whole issue of not being able to watch the reserves is farcical; nothing short.
Imagine not being able to watch the reserves. If I hadn’t taken a keen interest in the Ressies I would never have seen Tim Rendell play. He might have been anything if he could have got his body right.

I wonder if u can go into the social club...grab an ale...have a wander around n watch the game thru the big glassed area?
Lazza, the fun police will be on to that. Unlikely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the anticipation growing by the day, for our round 1 fixture.
I am really looking forward to sitting down with a beer and watching the game this avo/evening.
Got a 2 week free trial of Kayo just to watch this game, just got to remember to cancel the subscription before I have to start paying.

From the Afl and Lions website. Not sure where the previous team came from

BRISBANE

B: M.Adams 24 H.Andrews 31 D.Gardiner 27
HB: D.Rich 10 G.Birchall 14 N.Answerth 43
C: M.Robinson 5 J.Lyons 17 Z.Bailey 33
HF: D.Zorko - C 15 E.Hipwood 30 L.McCarthy 11
F: C.Rayner 16 D.McStay 25 C.Cameron 23
Foll: S.Martin 12 H.McCluggage 6 L.Neale 9
I/C: D.Robertson 2 C.Ah Chee 4 J.Berry 7 M.Hinge 22 A.Witherden 29 B.Starcevich 37 J.Payne 40 O.McInerney 46

Emerg: E.Smith 8 C.Cox 20 S.Skinner 21 C.McFadyen 26

In: N.Answerth, D.Robertson, M.Hinge, J.Payne
Out: C.Ellis-Yolmen (Omitted), C.Ballenden (Omitted)
At the time of posting i got that team from the AFL website.
It was under : Matches - Fixtures - Team Line-Ups.
I was unable to copy & past from AFL website so looked elsewhere to see if anyone else had that team.
Sure enough Fox had the same team. So i copied & pasted it to this thread rather than the whole article.
Will be interesting to see if it turns out correct or not.
Fox Article

I am going tonight. Anyone got a feel for what the crowd will be like? I'm just wondering if the GA seated area will be full? should I ticket upgrade? don't want to be left standing with the kids?

I am really looking forward to sitting down with a beer and watching the game this avo/evening.
Got a 2 week free trial of Kayo just to watch this game, just got to remember to cancel the subscription before I have to start paying.

Kayo is totally worth every cent to not have to watch 7mates shitty SD feed of the games IMHO
Also ad free during the game when it's a Fox feed

I got a 2 week Kayo free trial at the start of the Marsh series.
I wanted to have a look at the young players from other sides hoping it may help my Fantasy and Super Coach teams.
Heaven knows i need all the help in this area i can get.

Intended to pay 1 month as 14 days was not enough to get to end of series.
I may extend as i am sick of always getting channel 7 commentary. Surely Fox can't be as bad.
I just wish they would call the game. Plenty of time in an AFL game for other inane comments.

One great thing about Kayo is i will be able to watch the AFLW at 4 Pm with my daughter which should finish around 6 PM.
Then go to the Men's game that starts at 5.30 pm and watch from the start without knowing the score .
Do a bit of fast forward during pre game, quarter, half, & three quarter time and just about catch up to the live part.

I am going tonight. Anyone got a feel for what the crowd will be like? I'm just wondering if the GA seated area will be full? should I ticket upgrade? don't want to be left standing with the kids?
Princes Park has a pretty big capacity, and plenty is GA. There won’t be too many there - maybe 5 or 6k? depends how keen the Blues fans are I guess.

Princes Park has a pretty big capacity, and plenty is GA. There won’t be too many there - maybe 5 or 6k? depends how keen the Blues fans are I guess.

Cool! just thought with their decent membership base you might get 15k - either way that will be fine. Cheers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back