Carlton v Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

How dangerous did Zorko look up forward? He is going to be a weapon up there alongside Charlie. If we can get quality midfield minutes out of the likes of Berry, Bailey, Starcevich and Robertson freeing Zorks to play more time inside 50, he will be a huge threat to opposition defensive structures not just with his goal kicking ability and ability to set up teammates but with his defensive pressure and tackling.

Was anyone else as impressed by Dev Robertson as I was? Looked so composed at this level when ever he had the footy and always summed up the right option and dished out a nice handball to a teammate. I'd much rather get game's into him then play CEY at this stage I think.
Not giving up on CEY just yet.

He's been given a little tickle up but as the season progresses he'll get his chance at some point.

Missed a lot of gettable shots

We have some serious issues with our F50 entries, we drop marks we should take, we often get all fumbly at ground level in front of goal and we miss 4 or 5 shots per game that are sodas or close to it.

Yet we kick 16.15 and win by 44 points.

And that was kinda the trend for most of last year too.

If we ever get our all our s**t together up forward, we'll kick 37.11 one day I tells ya.

He's been given a little tickle up but as the season progresses he'll get his chance at some point.
Yeah I'm not giving up on him either. Just at this stage I'd rather get games into Robertson as he has impressed me far more tonight than CEY did against GC and Port.

How exciting is it to have young, talented guys like Bailey, Starcevich, Answerth and Robertson stepping up and pushing for best 22 spots? There's so much young talent in our team.

Well that was great in the end. Perfect lead into round 1 - boys will have their tails up for the next 2 weeks.

Dev is a player.. lock it in.

Clugg, Bailey, Berry, Lachie, Charlie.. heaps of good efforts.

Andrews is a superstar.

McStay tried his ass off. No issues with his game.

Cam looked good.

Happy days.

With how Silvagni and De Konig went I am concerned about second talls play against us. Really would have liked to see Payne get a run. Harris and Darcy are fine but feel more than a few teams will isolate Adams and make us pay.

Dev looked good. He was getting a lot of verbal instructions from senior players and where to go but he looks a bit of a natural.

Ah Chee and Birch both were a bit average. Hard to tell what we do with them at this stage. Both need time.

We really have a heap of players who can rotate through the forward line/wing. Makes us dangerous

I've been around here for a long time and if I've learned nothing else, I know it never does to write off any one player based on a poor game or perceived lack of form.

I'd love a 6 pack for every time I seen big statements about player A being "depth only" or "so and so should never be selected again" or "his career is over....delist!!!!" or "his papers are marked".
t
Given the right circumstances, I believe any player on the list is capable of performing at AFL level.....or they wouldn't be on our list in the first place :footy:

I'm 100% on board with giving Dev and starc a best 22 spot, both played fantastically and showed so much potential. Devs work around the field more than outweighs his lesser strength compared to cey, and it's not like we struggle for clearances anyway. Play the man

Unfortunately I only noticed ah chee when he was doing something s**t, but birch looked like hell be able to bring something. Would still prefer to run witho and Noah ahead of them though, play the proven youth. Also thought Adams did a perfectly serviceable job today

Cam and bails both contributed really well, think they'll both have a strong year this year.

Worst part of the game was the commentary. Somehow we flog a team and were told that means we've played s**t and we as supporters should be disappointed, but the team that got flogged showed a lot of great stuff and their fans should be really pleased. Can't work that one out but if that's how things are blues fans can look forward to a very enjoyable season of getting thrashed

At the end of the day I'm just glad we won, thought there was a chance I'd be burning my membership and starting to barrack for the Nerang Methpipes so dodged a bit of a bullet there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was anyone else as impressed by Dev Robertson as I was? Looked so composed at this level when ever he had the footy and always summed up the right option and dished out a nice handball to a teammate. I'd much rather get game's into him then play CEY at this stage I think.

Once he realises that sometimes he has a bit of time with the ball, he will learn to lower the eyes off half back. Our whole team only learnt that last year, I suppose.

Thought Witherden showed some hardness that I haven't seen from him before in the way he hit a few contests, that really impressed me. I know Dev was a big-bodied mid as a junior, but his weight and frame didn't seem like he would be able to play the same way at senior level and I was super impressed by the punch he had on the inside. He's a bit of a beast only sitting around the low 80 kegs so I'm seeing some massive signs. Bailey, Starcevich and Berry were impressive when the senior players were playing at 75% intensity.

Couldn't see much at crappy IKON Park. Don't think I saw Robertson once all game, that's how bad my view was. :(

Couldn't see much at crappy IKON Park. Don't think I saw Robertson once all game, that's how bad my view was. :(

Nothing could be as bad as sitting near ground level at Ethiad with the roof off in the daytime and staring straight into the western sun.

WORST* VIEWING * EXPERIENCE * OF * ALL* TIME

and we lost.....:mad:

Nothing could be as bad as sitting near ground level at Ethiad with the roof off in the daytime and staring straight into the western sun.

WORST* VIEWING * EXPERIENCE * OF * ALL* TIME

and we lost.....:mad:

The worst viewing experience is sitting on the southern side of giants stadium during a day game and being forced to squint at the empty seats in the shaded members only section as you slowly burn to death

Was awesome to be back at the old Princess Park again. Many great memories as a young fella causing mischief around the stands during Fitzroy games. Can’t believe it’s been over 20 years since I’ve last been here. Thoroughly enjoyed watching the boys play in the grandstand with the old wooden seats. Reminded me of how footy was back in the early 90s and I loved it. Was very impressed with Zach Bailey tonight. Has sublime breakaway speed from the contest and will be a very damaging player for us. Was a bit underwhelmed by Ah Chee and I think he may need to start off in the NEAFL and force his way into the side.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Was awesome to be back at the old Princess Park again. Many great memories as a young fella causing mischief around the stands during Fitzroy games. Can’t believe it’s been over 20 years since I’ve last been here. Thoroughly enjoyed watching the boys play in the grandstand with the old wooden seats. Reminded me of how footy was back in the early 90s and I loved it. Was very impressed with Zach Bailey tonight. Has sublime breakaway speed from the contest and will be a very damaging player for us. Was a bit underwhelmed by Ah Chee and I think he may need to start off in the NEAFL and force his way into the side.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Last time I went to PP was our 2001 belting by the Blues, Kouta ran riot that day then we lost a close one to the Crows the week after. The rest is history.

Gerard must have had a big lunch down at a Carlton pub. Couldn’t get about 3 players names right . “ Daniel Zorko “ and “Charlie Gardiner” my favourites tonight
Yeah cant quite back it up methinks too, my favourite was about ten minutes after he called Zorko Daniel for the first time, he then opted for 'this bloke'. captain of the team who finished 2nd h/a last year is 'this bloke' and hes getting paid pfft hahahaha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back