Game Day Carlton v St Kilda Practice Match Gameday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

ParapMarkets St Kilda had too much over lap too often - lots of blokes can own up to their part for allowing this - but not much can really be made of the game - apart from effort- because we were missing at least two talls and a Ruckman....we handed rebound and srtructure on aplate to them - through lack of availability of players and Harry ...

think about it - we had SOJ/Owies and Oscar as our targets....

ParapMarkets

Premiership Player
Sep 24, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
The most I wanted from this game was no injuries, especially Weitering. Hopefully he is fine for round 1, he is simply irreplaceable. McKay shouldn’t have have played in a meaningless game. Oscar McDonald may have weaknesses, but for me he is the man we need on our list. KPP depth is a problem and despite some bad kicking errors he can at least do a job for us.

FitzroyBlueBagger

FitzroyBlueBagger
Sep 30, 2018
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Carlton
What an odd comment.
I find it weird that the Hawks continue to hire Clarko. What haven't they learned the last few years from playing under him? They should be able to win flags all on their own now.

Every team has a ruck coach. We need one too. We chose Kreuz. If he's not up to it, he won't last long.
Pittonett i thought battled superbly tonight, as a centre bounce ruckman he is nowhere near a pure type who can give us first use, as a around the ground ruckman he is much better tap ruckman but still a little limited against the top end rucks, he’s pure heart...
I’d be looking at our stoppages and midfield coaches, for me it’s been a problem for a fair while, they have been a major reason why we are not only poorly positioned in the centre bounces and at stoppages but why we are so easily out structured, positioned and out spread and ran at ease...
I hope we can sort it out and get better but, I’m calling it that it’s our Achilles heel...
The forward half is another as far as not only the offensive entry but more importantly the defensive pressure which we show stuff all in containing teams within our I50 and continuing letting them rebounding it out at ease...

Nov 27, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
This was a reality check. Thinking that injecting McGovern, Betts and any other half fit person will not change that fact.

The stoppages were atrocious. Pitto hit more times than not to the advantage of the Saints. Does he actually have ruckman smarts? Really unsure, it will probably be mortared over by his goals in the first half however, his ruck craft needs attention stat OR the midfield must compensate. THIS IS A COACHING THING!

Midfielders were ... lost, disjointed, there were solid passages of play from the saints (on KAYO) where not a blue was in sight when they were moving it. This is how we get scored against heavily. The run ons .....

Team was a little rusty, but geez, next game is for 4 points against the reigning premier. We need to pull a rabbit out of the hat. And quickly.
Probably because Cripps didn't play in the middle much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ParapMarkets

Premiership Player
Sep 24, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
We need KPP depth, if there was another Jacob Weitering around he wouldn’t be available because someone else would have picked him up. I hated some of his disposal (not the only guilty player on that front), but I thought he played a pretty good game overall. We need someone for depth and I think he is the best available.

Cripps 'n' Blue Bloods

Sir Cripps of Carlton House
Mar 26, 2015
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Tigers, Bendigo Braves, OKC
Jobs for the boys for mine and 'retire and we'll look after you for a year or two' scenario

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk
Possibly. Hard to argue that it 100% isn't, but I'd like to think the recruiting team know what they're doing. Our fans aren't usually backwards in coming forwards when it comes to calling this type of stuff out and the vast majority of reactions when his appointment was announced were extremely positive.

Someone, anybody, please tell me why the bloody hell, when we get the ball forward of center, do all of our bloody half-backs and mids run right into the F50?

Do they know how often it gets rebounded the other way?

Those already forward of the ball are responsible for presenting into open space (which there quickly isn't) and then applying the forward pressure if the ball gets knocked loose.

It's bloody hard, impossible, to do either when the ground is clogged. All it takes is one smartly placed handball for the opposition to get out on a fastbreak.

It burns us every game. It has for years now.

ParapMarkets

Premiership Player
Sep 24, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
ParapMarkets St Kilda had too much over lap too often - lots of blokes can own up to their part for allowing this - but not much can really be made of the game - apart from effort- because we were missing at least two talls and a Ruckman....we handed rebound and srtructure on aplate to them - through lack of availability of players and Harry ...

think about it - we had SOJ/Owies and Oscar as our targets....
Yeah I agree, I don’t take much out of preseason games either way. The best players just want run in their legs (and in this game Cripps and Steele were plonked at full forward for large chunks), it’s more about seeing what some of the fringe players can do. But holy cow we need some KPP back from injury.

Jobs for the boys for mine and 'retire and we'll look after you for a year or two' scenario

Cannot disagree more with Kreuzer.

When he was out last year he took TDK under his wing. Credited Kreuze with much of his development over the year and said he learned more in the time that he spent with Kreuzer than he had previously at the club.

That's not jobs for the boys. That's continuing a mentorship role for the bloke you hope will lead your ruck division for a decade.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
He is one of the umpire lovers I talked about . Must wear flouro to games and cheer for the flouro maggots .
Na just don't spend my time looking at the umpire and what number they are. They are all ordinary umpires, ordinary to both sides. Sometime you get the rub of the green, other times they do.

Very rarely you win/lose a game because of an umpire. Players * up a lot more than they do.....

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Back