VanBerlo=God

Premiership Player
Aug 25, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal
Great performance by both teams, 7 goal run won the game in the end.

Carlton just can't buy a win (even if this one wasn't an intentional go at a win).

Good luck to Essendon for the rest of the year, looks to be a far improved season than last year.

Re: Carltank vs Essendon

They weren't tanking. That kicks in about R 12 or 14. They were trying to win. They are just no good at the momnent. No one man however good can take a poor defeatist list with in effect no coach and make it win.

Carlton can't seem to run out a game, or they go on their runs way too early, in the 3rd qtr when they were storming away and everyone was up, I was still thinking, "Geez ,theres another quarter and a half to play yet", you simply can't keep up momentum for that long and it showed, Judd was done at 3qtr time as was Stevens, both are unbelievably unfit, Fev's run was stopped(Could have easily had 10).

Also Carlton's backline is deplorable, Jamison just doesn't have it, can't go with the better forwards, why they keep playing him on the Lloyd's and Richo's has me stuffed, Bower rates himself through the roof, but only has 1/3rd of the talent that he thinks he has.

It will still be a long time for the Blues to get back up the ladder, AND I LOVE IT!!!

Carlton just can't buy a win (even if this one wasn't an intentional go at a win).

Good luck to Essendon for the rest of the year, looks to be a far improved season than last year.

They used too......

Carlton can't seem to run out a game, or they go on their runs way too early, in the 3rd qtr when they were storming away and everyone was up, I was still thinking, "Geez ,theres another quarter and a half to play yet", you simply can't keep up momentum for that long and it showed, Judd was done at 3qtr time as was Stevens, both are unbelievably unfit, Fev's run was stopped(Could have easily had 10).

Also Carlton's backline is deplorable, Jamison just doesn't have it, can't go with the better forwards, why they keep playing him on the Lloyd's and Richo's has me stuffed, Bower rates himself through the roof, but only has 1/3rd of the talent that he thinks he has.

It will still be a long time for the Blues to get back up the ladder, AND I LOVE IT!!!

jamo was good tonight. kept lloyd to 4 and at least one of them was a very cheap handball over the top. we put him on the better power forwards so he can learn, crazy i know :rolleyes:.

Go TIGERS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Mal played well, give him far more credit than many others, but when we were getting smashed at the clearances like that in the 3rd quarter it's no wonder Fev was on fire. He was impossible to stop with all that ball coming in at speed non-stop.

Well I guess this woeful performance puts to rest the 'theory' that Cartlon 'tanked'..I mean we are still so crap even the draft doesn't seem to work. So what good is there in tanking, genius?

I thought Mal played well, give him far more credit than many others, but when we were getting smashed at the clearances like that in the 3rd quarter it's no wonder Fev was on fire. He was impossible to stop with all that ball coming in at speed non-stop.

Spot on, no one would have stopped Fevola in that 3rd quarter with Nick Stevens spoon feeding him the ball lace out.

You're kidding yourself. He was crap, the move should've been made earlier. In saying that though, Fev was very good.

Will it take us 27 years do ya reckon ?

jamo was good tonight. kept lloyd to 4 and at least one of them was a very cheap handball over the top. we put him on the better power forwards so he can learn, crazy i know :rolleyes:.
You obviously have low standards at Carlton, a defender keeping his opponent to 4 isn't a good thing.

You can't learn by getting thumped each week, look at Zac Dawson.

If we played against you like we did tonight we would have thrashed you by 60 points. We will win more games than you this year - bookmark it if you want.

You obviously have low standards at Carlton, a defender keeping his opponent to 4 isn't a good thing.

You can't learn by getting thumped each week, look at Zac Dawson.

....this was Jamison's 6th game, verse one the competitions premier forwards. keeping him to 4 goals, of which 2 were cheapies, was a fantastic effort.

p.s. umpiring was absolutely attrocius, essendon was paid so many kicks for nothing. i saw a bomber clothesline thornton (i think) at neck hight and the ump saw everything - no free. absolute f****** joke.

The kicks were like 40 - 15 or something?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back