Preview Carlton vs Essendon, MCG, Saturday 12/05/18 @ 2:10 PM

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's kinda bizarre we were prepared to pump games into Begley when he wasn't getting a kick but aren't prepared to give a kid a good long burn. Surely Guelfi showed a lot more than Begs in just his 2 games. I'm happy for them not to play the likes of Ridley if they don't think he has the size (never stopped us with Gleeson) but so many clubs are blooding young half backs and it paying massive dividends.

I don't want people on here to complain about players like Ronke after his match winning effort. Kids we blood won't have that impact in such a basket case. But it's time to get them in, give them actual roles. Make Clarke the main option in midfield set ups, give Mutch run with roles. Don't just play them. Force them to have a real impact, give them the chance to step up.
Agreed. If Begley and Laverde (and even Tippa) are playing like crap, which they have done, they should be replaced by a young guy that is in better form.

Playing young guys for the sake of playing youth and they are buddies with the coach or whatever is equally as bad as playing the old guys that are out of form.

Players must earn their spot on current form not because they are the coaches favourite.

I keep mixing and moving players around in the 22 and have come with;-

Hurley Hooker McNeice
Goddard Ambrose Saad
Parish Heppell Mutch
Fantasia Stewart Tippa
Stringer McKernan Smith

Bellcho Zakka Z.Merrett

Bench from: Myers McKenna Laverde Baguley

This is a much better team than the Blues on paper. We just need someone up forward to stand up and kick 4+ (Stewart? Fanta? Stringer?), and our mids to fire. Not sure if Hooker plays forward or back now McKernan is in - I guess we will see in a few hours...

This forum will melt if we do manage to lose.....

So based on people’s feelings then if we win should the post game thread prefix be “Autopsy” and “Toast” if we lose?

I still can’t bring myself to want Carlton to win but if us losing guaranteed proper changes I’d make that deal.

We'll win, just hope it's a 'pretty' win, not an 'ugly' one.

After really enjoying the game last night I can't take anymore Essington right now, enough already.

Waiting for velvet sledge's game day thread be like.

giphy.gif

Those of you who are actively barracking for a loss are disgusting people.
The team over the last 3 weeks has put in more effort than you are putting in right now.
Its pure selfishness at worst form under pretense of for the good of the team just so you can say you are right.

You need to take a good hard look at yourselves.

Any late changes due to the updated weather forecast for this afternoon?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back