Carlton - What do Carlton do with the number 1 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t think SoS would go for that, 3 19 29 or 5 and a whole host of picks in the top 30 to blanket bomb the draft might sway him

My point was not about numbers, which we can all throw around and its fun.

I was suggesting giving up Walsh for specifically Bailey Smith and pick 11. I wouldn't do it for Rozee and 11, or Hately and 11. But specifically Bailey Smith, who is probably the best midfielder in the draft in any other year. Arguably this one even.

I was suggesting giving up Walsh for specifically Bailey Smith and pick 11. I wouldn't do it for Rozee and 11, or Hately and 11. But specifically Bailey Smith, who is probably the best midfielder in the draft in any other year. Arguably this one even.
If it was guaranteed Smith would still be there at 5 you’d think about it certainly. Will the saints take Max King at 4 is the question

Agree with you , if possible ensure Bailey Smith and either a pick 10 or preferably another quality mature bodied midfielder and I'd trade in a flash no question.

Sooner or later there is going to be a tipping point of enough talented and experienced players at Carlton, to make people who think this, eat their words.

True it won't be next year or even 2020 ... but it will happen, bookmark it.

I would hope so. Otherwise this entire equalization system is broken. By 2021, Kreuzer and Murphy will be off your list. Gibbs will probably be off ours. That is three number 1 draft picks careers come and gone. That is followed by Watts, Swallow and Boyd moved on already. None living up to top billing. Interesting what is happening to both Scully and Patton now, even though GWS are in their window and these guys both seem to have plenty of good footy left in them. McCartin, Weitering - disappointing to date.

Its a bit embarrassing the way that Carlton and SOS have been enjoying pick 1 so much this year. Of course, we want it and Port want it. And probably 15 other teams too. But from Carlton's point of view, its like you won a trophy. Arrogantly parading it around. Look at me.

Agree with you , if possible ensure Bailey Smith and either a pick 10 or preferably another quality mature bodied midfielder and I'd trade in a flash no question.

So would I if I was a Victorian team. I half wish that we end up in a situation where we get a pick that misses Luko and Rankine and we take Smith over Rozee. If Smith was from SA, I honestly don't know who I would have as my number 1 preference. Its confusing enough now because I would take Luko over Rankine. But bloody hell. How do you not take Rankine given his performances as a junior.

I would hope so. Otherwise this entire equalization system is broken. By 2021, Kreuzer and Murphy will be off your list. Gibbs will probably be off ours. That is three number 1 draft picks careers come and gone. That is followed by Watts, Swallow and Boyd moved on already. None living up to top billing. Interesting what is happening to both Scully and Patton now, even though GWS are in their window and these guys both seem to have plenty of good footy left in them. McCartin, Weitering - disappointing to date.

Its a bit embarrassing the way that Carlton and SOS have been enjoying pick 1 so much this year. Of course, we want it and Port want it. And probably 15 other teams too. But from Carlton's point of view, its like you won a trophy. Arrogantly parading it around. Look at me.
Your not getting it

Are there any oppisition supporters that can come up with a over the top deal that will get them pick one. If not we take walsh or lukious. Both the clear stand outs. I think draft night if any will see pick 1 being changed to satisfy the blues

Best player in Australia in his age group and by a long way is Sam Walsh.

So would I if I was a Victorian team. I half wish that we end up in a situation where we get a pick that misses Luko and Rankine and we take Smith over Rozee. If Smith was from SA, I honestly don't know who I would have as my number 1 preference. Its confusing enough now because I would take Luko over Rankine. But bloody hell. How do you not take Rankine given his performances as a junior.

Agree SA teams are in a difficult situation with two exceptional talents, best tall & sml in many years, a few juicy other players too, there're in a bind.
Adelaide and Port will certainly try very hard to realize a trade and rightly so.
If Silvagni can matufature Smith & say pick 8 to 10 or another quality midifielder, then trade our 1st pick, no question.
It would be a great solution.

Agree SA teams are in a difficult situation with two exceptional talents, best tall & sml in many years, a few juicy other players too, there're in a bind.
Adelaide and Port will certainly try very hard to realize a trade and rightly so.
If Silvagni can matufature Smith & say pick 8 to 10 or another quality midifielder, then trade our 1st pick, no question.
It would be a great solution.

Smith and Rozee would be far and away better than simply Walsh on his lonesome. Walsh is a bit too vanilla for mine.

Smith and Rozee would be far and away better than simply Walsh on his lonesome. Walsh is a bit too vanilla for mine.
The way the cards have fallen it’s such a massive opportunity for Carlton to cash in. GCS want a leader that wants to be there and have a plethora of picks AFC want SA talent Port have good currency. I’de be happy with Walsh but the chance is there to really put them to the sword and start an arms race

But what if either luko or rankine dont come on like we think and guys like hately or RCD end up becoming the next nat fyfe. Port could..even now take probably smith at 6 and RCD or maybe Hately at 10 and maybe hill at 15 if they get that for wingard. Every chance that 1 or more turn into topliners. What a price to pay hoping for a next nick reiwold without the guarantee
Thats what recruiters get paid the big bucks for. Like I said it all depends how highly you rate JL compared with the other options in the draft.

Thats what recruiters get paid the big bucks for. Like I said it all depends how highly you rate JL compared with the other options in the draft.
For sure..my only comment is if port are selling the farm for luko or rankine which it will end up being if they trade more picks and lose wingard (and they may be happy to stay with the picks they currently have as we dont yet know), they would want to be absolutely bang on for the price they will pay

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty stupid statement. Can you prove it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back