Carlton - What do Carlton do with the number 1 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously what would you prefer, Walsh a super ready made talent to compliment Cripps or Luko a genuine KPP star, when you already have Curnow, Mckay and Kerr, the later 2 with question marks if they'll be as good hoped.
or miss both of those stars, trading for 7 and 12 plus your priority pick late first and get 3 for the price of 1 but no certainties on quality like the before mentioned.
Exciting times at the blues!
Plus Fazzy boi pwoa

Seriously what would you prefer, Walsh a super ready made talent to compliment Cripps or Luko a genuine KPP star, when you already have Curnow, Mckay and Kerr, the later 2 with question marks if they'll be as good hoped.
or miss both of those stars, trading for 7 and 12 plus your priority pick late first and get 3 for the price of 1 but no certainties on quality like the before mentioned.
Plus Fazzy boi pwoa
Big difference between Kerr and McKay.

McKay was a top 10 pick and only turns 21 in December this year. Has shown enough in his 13 game career (21 goals) to suggest he'll become at least an adequate forward/ruck.

Kerr was a speculative pick that IMO lacks a point of difference in his game. Will kick bags in the 2s but struggle to make a meaningful impact in the seniors.

I personally can't see why Curnow, McKay and Lukosious couldn't be in the same team.

Big difference between Kerr and McKay.

McKay was a top 10 pick and only turns 21 in December this year. Has shown enough in his 13 game career (21 goals) to suggest he'll become at least an adequate forward/ruck.

Kerr was a speculative pick that IMO lacks a point of difference in his game. Will kick bags in the 2s but struggle to make a meaningful impact in the seniors.

I personally can't see why Curnow, McKay and Lukosious couldn't be in the same team.

Lynch, Brown, Bradshaw

Roughy, Buddy, Gunston

Either they keep it and recruit Lukosious or trade for two other top 10 picks and nab Walsh with one of them. They definitely shouldn’t look to trade for a senior player from another club, no matter the temptation.
I agree. If this draft’s top 10 is as good as they say, 2 top 10 picks can set you up and also reduce the risk of getting it wrong (injuries etc)

That was the past. The game has changed. Look at the Tigers and the other top teams these days. Forward line pressure the key.

Why can't the three of them work together in the same side?

Can you go a bit deeper than simply putting forward "the game has changed" and that the Tigers didn't have three talls up forward last year?

Why can't the three of them work together in the same side?

Can you go a bit deeper than simply putting forward "the game has changed" and that the Tigers didn't have three talls up forward last year?

Have you been watching the footy?
Have you noticed the importance of forward pressure. Have you noticed how GWS perform better when their forward line doesn’t have Cameron, Lobb and Paton in it?
Have you noticed the hawks, WCE, GWS, Pies, etc are playing forward lines with 1-2 talls?

Anyway, my opinion only.

Have you noticed how GWS perform better when their forward line doesn’t have Cameron, Lobb and Paton in it?

I have, but I reckon Lukosius, Curnow and McKay is a far more mobile trio than Cameron, Lobb and Patton.

I don't think that should be ignored, and I think it's too simplistic to suggest otherwise.

Have you noticed the hawks, WCE, GWS, Pies, etc are playing forward lines with 1-2 talls?

Sure I have, but I'd suggest this is more out of necessity than anything else right now.

At full strength I reckon we'd probably see WCE go with Kennedy, Darling and Lycett. Pies have also been hit hard by injuries affecting their structure.

Have you been watching the footy?
Have you noticed the importance of forward pressure. Have you noticed how GWS perform better when their forward line doesn’t have Cameron, Lobb and Paton in it?

Anyway, my opinion only.
Playing Lukosius is like playing a Gunston type. McKay forward ruck, Curnow true CHF and Lukosius in a Gunston type role is about perfect.

With your mob Mihocek, WHE and Cox wouldn't play much if any shorter than those three.

Playing Lukosius is like playing a Gunston type. McKay forward ruck, Curnow true CHF and Lukosius in a Gunston type role is about perfect.

With your mob Mihocek, WHE and Cox wouldn't play much if any shorter than those three.
WHE is 186cm and Mihocek is 192. Both much smaller.

If you add Fasolo to your forward line there’s another guy who doesn’t provide forward line pressure.

Anyway, it seems to me the Blues desparately need to help out Cripps.

All the best.

Happy to take Walsh and trust 2 out of 3 of Curnow, McKay and Kerr are our key forwards for the next decade. But also if we got Luko, more than happy to see how it works and if we got over abundance of key forwards 3 years on, trade one for area we weak in. Either way excited for the next decade ahead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back