Oppo Camp Carlton worst season in 122 years: The Evil of Patrick Cripps...

I love seeing Carlton lose

• Yes

Votes: 199 90.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 91 41.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad is mad blues. He was silenty barracking for eagles on Friday, saying sh*t like "gee son, that Cameron is killing them" and "nice goal from the eagles there son". So I went out and changed all the seat covers in his beloved SS Holden to Collingwood. The melts were epic :cool:
Is your Dad unaware that carton supporters have to drive Valiant or Falcon station wagons?

In heartening news Chris Judd has all but confirmed Carton will dispense with their winning-est Coach this decade in Teague and get a "real" coach for next season.

Being a "Carlton" person is a gift....

SwanDaneFan1991

Emeritus Boot Studding Professor
Jul 20, 2012
The Pivotonian Wilderness
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
Is your Dad unaware that carton supporters have to drive Valiant or Falcon station wagons?
We had a station wagon growing up actually. True to form, he carries a wallet flush full of fifties too, so that's half the stereotype. The other half is being satisfied with all the "gallant losses" they have had this year lol. But, despite his "oh calm down son. You only won by one point!" I am sure he secretly wants to barrack for the Flaggies. After all, he hasn't bothered to change the seat covers yet. I am on a good wicket, don't we think? :cool:

P.S. what's wrong with getting rid of Teague? He can come to Collingwood, and give Bucks the inside word on how to keep beating Carltoon forever 🤣

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
SwanDaneFan1991 im starting to worry about your childhood. :eek:

Good you’re talking about it, getting it all out in the open. :greenalien:

We’re all here to help.

:p

SwanDaneFan1991

Emeritus Boot Studding Professor
Jul 20, 2012
The Pivotonian Wilderness
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
SwanDaneFan1991 im starting to worry about your childhood. :eek:

Good you’re talking about it, getting it all out in the open. :greenalien:

We’re all here to help.

:p
Sharing is a Care Bear philosophy 😂

I just finished fixing all the Collingwood place holders to the bottom the old man's scotch glasses, so when he reaches the bottom, all he sees is black and white. Hopefully he remembers that since his team and his drink have reached the very bottom, he can either keep filling up and fall asleep before the pies play, rather than heckle, or choose a better path :cool:

One of my earlier memories was a Carlton footy being kicked around, and around the same time was a Carlton flag, just after we had sacked Lethal. Fortunately history saw fit to put us all in a more successful community than the Carltoon rabble, and we get our therapy through laughter!

raymond35

Club Legend
Jan 5, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood vfl
If anyone feels like vomiting, have a look at the Craig Bradley appreciation thread on the main board.
Only one person pointing out he was the biggest receiver in history, and nobody mentioning the way Tony Shaw would tear him a new arse every time the pies played Carlton in the late 80s.

Next year will be interesting. Some might be expecting them to become the next Brisbane.

The party is over if that happens ...

... or things could just continue along merrily as they have the last few decades, delivering our Carlton cousins yet another false dawn:

Bolton 16-61-0
Barker 3-10-0 (included for completeness)
Malthouse 20-33-1
Ratten 60-59-1 (relatively respectable if expectations are low)
Pagan 25-77-2
Brittain 18-28-0

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shaneprice97

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
It’s funny, being on the younger side of the supporter base the most frustration Carlton have given me were after consecutive losses in 2012.

Horaceg

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
I would like to be the first to wish David Teague nothing but the worst of luck in his role as head coach of Carlton. I hope to see many years of continued pathetic performances and zero success. Long may the Carlton Blues remain the laughing stock of the competition as they stumble from failure to failure forever and ever amen.
I prefer to go the Club not the man, all the worst of luck Carlton

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
It’s funny, being on the younger side of the supporter base the most frustration Carlton have given me were after consecutive losses in 2012.

being on the older side and having gone through a shitload of grief over the journey from the 1970 grand final, i can say that i couldn't give a stuff about carlton other than having a pleasant feeling when their supporters groan about failures. I did crack a smile when malthouse went there and dramatically failed. I have to admit that. Other than that, I dont think about them much. I wouldnt bother starting a thread on them for example and I get a little annoyed when I saw that last Carlton thread stick around for ages. Having said that, I have posted about carlton on the odd occasion for my own amusement. I think generally I have moved on and have more jealousy these days for teams like Hawthorn and West Coast.... the coasters probably because I'm in perth and their supporters annoy me and Hawthorn because they dont waste effort focusing on other teams and concentrate on getting their own success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back