Opposition Camp Carlton worst season in 122 years: 'nothing else can save me' SOS

I love seeing Carlton lose

• Yes

Votes: 195 89.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 88 40.6%

• Total voters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

76woodenspooners

Premium Platinum
Jun 4, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Do we actually know who counts the votes these days?
Yes.

AEC workers. Votes are counted and double counted with scrutineers representing the candidates looking over their shoulder, but that’s not all of it. Voting looks like a very friendly and simple thing, but in fact an enormous amount of traceability / security / accountability goes into ensuring the integrity of our election system.

Saintly Viewed

bear time
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes.

AEC workers. Votes are counted and double counted with scrutineers representing the candidates looking over their shoulder, but that’s not all of it. Voting looks like a very friendly and simple thing, but in fact an enormous amount of traceability / security / accountability goes into ensuring the integrity of our election system.
So much so, that some lost votes or some such henceforth made for a whole new state election for the Senate.

WalterBlaknWhte

Premiership Player
Oct 14, 2015
New Mexico
AFL Club
Collingwood
Worked as a scrutineer for a mate who served 20 years on local council, much of it as mayor

We scrutineers would often debate about what the intent was of voters who did not properly fill in their ballot

One ballot had a very elaborate drawing of my mate getting buggered

Given that it was a Sydney electorate, I argued that it was clearly meant as a tribute to my mate

No luck

Saintly Viewed

bear time
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Worked as a scrutineer for a mate who served 20 years on local council, much of it as mayor

We scrutineers would often debate about what the intent was of voters who did not properly fill in their ballot

One ballot had a very elaborate drawing of my mate getting buggered

Given that it was a Sydney electorate, I argued that it was clearly meant as a tribute to my mate

No luck
But drawing a tribute to your “mate” Mark being the dad of your half brother Sam, is hardly a tribute.
Now is it....

Black_White

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2001
AFL Club
Collingwood
So much so, that some lost votes or some such henceforth made for a whole new state election for the Senate.
You are making the argument for the AEC.
Millions of votes some went missing.
The AEC auditing confirmed this and because we have an open and accountable voting system, a re election was called for.
Just another point as to why we are so lucky to be Australian.

Pie eyed

Premium Platinum
Jun 26, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Magpies
Not so - lots of clever pollies.

They are just self serving and completely immoral.
In other more drastic news, Carton may be moving to dump "SOS" in an effort to appear to be doing ....anything other than tank,

I think this would be a crazy move...given his "snigger" excellent record........holds breath,,,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WalterBlaknWhte

Premiership Player
Oct 14, 2015
New Mexico
AFL Club
Collingwood
In other more drastic news, Carton may be moving to dump "SOS"...
The silver-lining of the story is that they intend to retain Wallsy

Wallsy, pictured below with his laptop, has designed an assessment centre for the selection of the new coach

It will conclude with Brad Scott being encircled by the Carlton board who will endeavour to stab him in the back

whiskeytown

Club Legend
Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just agreed to part ways with Jarrod Pickett who is recovering from a long term knee injury. Huge fall for him from top 5 draft pick to unwanted by Carlton. Does he have a future elsewhere?

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-06-11/carlton-and-former-topfive-draft-pick-agree-to-part-ways
Can't believe this couldn't have occurred two weeks earlier... giving Carlton an extra pick in the mid season draft.

Lowson from Coburg would've been Pickets perfect replacement.

Amateur list management.

Black_White

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2001
AFL Club
Collingwood

magpie_marty

Club Legend
Apr 30, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Will Teague be there savior he looks very composed In my opinion.
There recruiting has confused me somewhat regarding nepotism.

Horaceg

Premiership Player
Sep 29, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Top Bottom