Oppo Camp Carlton worst season in 122 years: The Evil of Patrick Cripps...

I love seeing Carlton lose

• Yes

Votes: 199 90.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 91 41.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adelaide, Essendon, Melbourne and Geelong are their next 4. All very losable
Most def. I guess when you're Carlton though, all games are losable:). I imagine they'll pinch one somewhere along the line though

Pretty sure that was Bolton’s 50th game as Carlton coach. He’s won 13 games.

By contrast, Malthouse coached 52 games at Carlton and won 19 games.

Carlton have officially declined since sacking Mick. Incredible.

The best part is that we get to play them again. This time with our best side.

Bolton won’t see out the year. Early tip for their next victim (coach).

Scott Burns

What a beautiful thread. Well done WalterBlaknWhte .

I was thinking this needed comment on the board but a dedicated thread is a much better idea. May Carlton rot forever. My brother saw a beautiful sight after the round 1 Rich v Carl match. A whole bar full of Carlton supporters singing their club song after they lost. He said it was the first time he enjoyed hearing it ever.

Those dipsticks didn't even realise how far they have sunk into the shite to be doing that. Imagine Jack Elliott seeing that. Still a fair % of those supporters would have been born 1985 and beyond which is how far you would have to go back to have any real memory of Carlton being a successful club. Anybody under 30 currently would only remember Carlton as a laughing stock, karma.

I know this thread is designed to poke fun at Carlton and why not, but looking the number of times players have been named in the best 2018 and their age profile gives an interesting comparison between them and us.

We have more of our bests coming from the 24-27 age group whereas this group is weak for Carlton. Instead they appear to rely upon players over 28 and between 20-23 with Cripps and C.Curnow contributing 9 bests between them to the latter group.

It's only a simple analysis, but it suggests a few things:

Carlton are still relying upon older players. While these players are still contributing and amongst Carlton's best their output is probably starting to drop hence Carlton's poor form. Subsequently they need to replace a few of their older players in the soon or risk remaining poor for sometime.

More importantly we really need to capitalise soon with our core group of bests being in or approaching their prime.

(age in brackets)

Carlton (6 matches; 16 players named in the bests for a total of 31; ave age of bests 25.5):
6. Cripps (23)
3. C.Curnow (21), E.Curnow (28), Murphy (30), Simpson (33)
2. Casboult (28), Fisher (19)
1. Jones (27), Kennedy (21), McKay (20), Marchbank (21), Petrevski-Seton (20), Phillips (26), Rowe (30), Thomas (30), Wright (28)
Collingwood (5 matches; 14 players named in the bests for a total of 32; ave age of bests 25.4):
5. Sidebottom (27)
4. Grundy (24), Pendlebury (30), Treloar (25)
2. Dunn (30), Hoskin-Elliott (24), Howe (27), Phillips (21), Stephenson (19)
1. Crisp (24), Crocker (21), Murray (20), Reid (28), Thomas (26)

Age profile of best players - total number of times in bests
(for example Cripps has been named in Carlton's best 6 times, so 6 gets added to that age group)
upload_2018-4-28_7-19-34.png

Age profile - number of best players in each age group
upload_2018-4-28_7-28-31.png

R1
Carlton:
Cripps, C.Curnow, Simpson, Murphy, Wright, Marchbank
Collingwood: Sidebottom, Treloar, Crocker, Pendlebury, Murray, Stephenson

RD2
Carlton:
Cripps, E.Curnow, C.Curnow, Simpson, Petrevski-Seton, Murphy
Collingwood: Grundy, Phillips, Howe, Pendlebury, Sidebottom

RD3
Carlton:
Casboult, Murphy, C.Curnow, Cripps, E.Curnow
Collingwood: Sidebottom, Grundy, Thomas, Crisp, Hoskin-Elliott, Treloar, Reid

RD4
Carlton:
E.Curnow, Cripps, Kennedy
Collingwood: Sidebottom, Grundy, Stephenson, Treloar, Pendlebury, Phillips, Hoskin-Elliott, Dunn

RD5
Carlton:
Cripps, Simpson, Fisher, Jones, Rowe, McKay
Collingwood: Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Treloar, Grundy, Dunn, Howe

RD6
Carlton:
Cripps, Fisher, Thomas, Phillips, Casboult

Last edited:
Jo Bailey was an avid Collingwood fan until SOS worked his dark arts
Can’t imagine how he sweet talked her?
He’s no wordsmith, no charisma.

Wait... looks maybe and she was young and impressionable.

Easy to forget that before the commencement of this season there was a lot more optimism around their prospects with media talk of finals.
Hang on a minute.

They do have that incredible charisma machine, orator of the century, emotional nourishment, silly grinned all round Boy Scout the one and only Boring Bolton to help them.
Like a good Boy Scout he’s got his wood working badge, so he’s busy making wooden spoons.

Most def. I guess when you're Carlton though, all games are losable:). I imagine they'll pinch one somewhere along the line though
That rotten Melbourne somehow will find a way to contrive a loss against them.

Pretty sure that was Bolton’s 50th game as Carlton coach. He’s won 13 games.

By contrast, Malthouse coached 52 games at Carlton and won 19 games.

Carlton have officially declined since sacking Mick. Incredible.
And You have to hand it to good ol’ Mick, he knows how to leave any place bitter and twisted.

I salute you Mick.

:)

Glorious isn’t it seeing them in the poo house

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t imagine how he sweet talked her?
He’s no wordsmith, no charisma.

Wait... looks maybe and she was young and impressionable.

She liked ripped guys and SOS did have a low fat physique. When they broke up briefly she dated Ray Jencke of Hawthorn, known as "Mr 1%" for his even lower body fat. The next time Hawthorn played Carlton I believe Silvagni tried to smash Jencke, not sure if he was reported or just gave away a few silly frees.

Some guys are pathetically possessive, he seems to be one of those "she's my woman!" kind of guys.

Its glorious times at Filthton. It's almost as if they've given up on collecting the most premierships now that they can't be purchased and they're gunning for the spoon record. Carlton's new message is aimed directly at the Saints this time... " They know we're coming".

Hang on a minute.

They do have that incredible charisma machine, orator of the century, emotional nourishment, silly grinned all round Boy Scout the one and only Boring Bolton to help them.
Like a good Boy Scout he’s got his wood working badge, so he’s busy making wooden spoons.

You are vicious SV.

Please keep it up.

Great to see them on the bottom, downside is they will get another forward that looks to be a once in a gen type forward.

They'll probably just trade him to West Coast for a midfielder that won't get them anywhere.

No idea why they got rid of Ratten, had them playing a fast and exciting brand of football that took them to a finals appearance. Idiots.

Impatience and the prospect of Malthouse cost Ratten his job I think. Had of Malthouse not been available Ratten probably would’ve coached in 2013.

Impatience and the prospect of Malthouse cost Ratten his job I think. Had of Malthouse not been available Ratten probably would’ve coached in 2013.
Kernahan freely admitted that it was tough to sack Ratten and they could only do so because there was a coach of Malthouses calibre availible :drunk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back