Oppo Camp Carlton worst season in 122 years: The Evil of Patrick Cripps...

I love seeing Carlton lose

• Yes

Votes: 199 90.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 91 41.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood

SwanDaneFan1991

Emeritus Boot Studding Professor
Jul 20, 2012
The Pivotonian Wilderness
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
And this is why all of us must remain vigilant

Although this thread was commenced by an idiot, it has taken a life of its own

It is a candle burning in the darkness of kleptofloggery
Remember on this day, in a glorious age of enlightenment, some bloke on BigFooty, coined a new term "kleptofloggery" :thumbsu:

After all they have done, some dumb b@st@rd wants to award them six flags from the era 1870-1896. They had a thirty year head start, and played in an era of two to five teams. If the VFA was so important, why didn't they do this years ago?

Just seems convenient, since we are THIS close to catching them, then they get thrown a bone.

This competition has gone to sh!t. Seriously. Participation trophies for everyone :drunk:

Oh, in before someone says it won't happen. Most news sources are giving plenty of coverage to the push, and the AFL loves making money, and takes plenty of pressure from the media.

Carlton will be laughing at us now.

Well, it is the best chance Carlton have of getting a Premiership for a long long time

Dad always said re politicians. . .

DON'T VOTE . .

It only encourages them.

If you don't vote you should forego any form of Government assistance.

Not questioning a biased media is the biggest issue along with simply falling for blatant lies.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Not questioning a biased media is the biggest issue along with simply falling for blatant lies.
But who tells lies?

All of them?

As an aside if we have a free society surely can decide if they wish to pass up their vote at any particular election?
Without penalty.

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood

Lighten up PE

It's a sideways swipe at the universally acknowledged total moral bankruptcy of each and every politician of any persuasion whatsoever.

EVERY SINGLE politician in this country is motivated by only ONE THING.

Getting RE _ ELECTED - which ensures they get 2 terms and thus the politician's pension and the superannuation - which they can take IMMEDIATELY.

It is a profession for card sharks and used car salesman and everyone acknowledges that - even if only subconsciously.

The saying I quoted goes back almost to the birth of parliamentary representation and is a caution against taking anything to do with politics and politicians with anything approaching seriousness.

You apparently don't agree.

Your choice.

I consider my right to vote a sacred trust and the greatest privilege ever conferred by those previous generations who fought and died to give us the exquisite right to choose our representatives.

BUT - IMHO - politics and everything associated with it REEKS.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Lighten up PE

It's a sideways swipe at the universally acknowledged total moral bankruptcy of each and every politician of any persuasion whatsoever.

EVERY SINGLE politician in this country is motivated by only ONE THING.

Getting RE _ ELECTED - which ensures they get 2 terms and thus the politician's pension and the superannuation - which they can take IMMEDIATELY.

It is a profession for card sharks and used car salesman and everyone acknowledges that - even if only subconsciously.

The saying I quoted goes back almost to the birth of parliamentary representation and is a caution against taking anything to do with politics and politicians with anything approaching seriousness.

You apparently don't agree.

Your choice.

I consider my right to vote a sacred trust and the greatest privilege ever conferred by those previous generations who fought and died to give us the exquisite right to choose our representatives.

BUT - IMHO - politics and everything associated with it REEKS.

I think the pollies rolled-gold pension entitlements now require a minimum service of 10 years.

As an aside if we have a free society surely can decide if they wish to pass up their vote at any particular election?
Without penalty.

People can pass up their vote by doing an intentional donkey vote and many of them do, but I really don't think it is too much social responsibility to expect citizens to make their way to a polling booth once every couple of years.

A non-compulsory system is a fundamentalists dream, because 100% of the fundamentalists vote and thus a minority voice can become more powerful than the majority. It opens the door to become like America where loony lobby groups gain enormous power, because of their ability to get voters to the booths.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
People can pass up their vote by doing an intentional donkey vote and many of them do, but I really don't think it is too much social responsibility to expect citizens to make their way to a polling booth once every couple of years.

A non-compulsory system is a fundamentalists dream, because 100% of the fundamentalists vote and thus a minority voice can become more powerful than the majority. It opens the door to become like America where loony lobby groups gain enormous power, because of their ability to get voters to the booths.
Just to be clear, the donkey vote is a legitimate vote and counted, it refers to voting 1 at the top and following all the way down in order. Hence the higher the place on the ticket the slight adavantage.

I think you mean an informal vote, like leaving it blank.

Up to people to what level of civic duty they wish.

Most counties have non compulsory voting.

Not overly fussed either way, it have no issue if someone determines to leave his / her ballot empty so to speak. Their right.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Far be it for me to get this thread back on topic...

Imagine if John Dorman Elliott had ended up in Canberra like the flog-goat wanted?

What a narcissistic spanker! Hope he realises the joy he is bringing to Collingwood fans by his Carlton legacy.

No hugs
He was all but there, he was offered the seat of Bruce (at the time healthy liberal, but now boundary changes it’s labor). He insisted on Higgins, his home seat. Roger Shipton refused to step aside and by law nobody could force him so he couldn’t be given an inducement.
Elliott’s chance passed.

Later on when the seat has its next preselection old mate Shipton got trounced by young barrister, Peter Howard Costello.

Just to be clear, the donkey vote is a legitimate vote and counted, it refers to voting 1 at the top and following all the way down in order. Hence the higher the place on the ticket the slight adavantage.

I think you mean an informal vote, like leaving it blank.

Up to people to what level of civic duty they wish.

Most counties have non compulsory voting.

Not overly fussed either way, it have no issue if someone determines to leave his / her ballot empty so to speak. Their right.

Bloody hell, for 35 years I've been using the phrase donkey vote incorrectly.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Bloody hell, for 35 years I've been using the phrase donkey vote incorrectly.
But no more.

Happy to assist.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Nah. I'm stubborn. I'm going to continue to use it incorrectly.
Ok (joke coming up and world play coming up)
you can be an ass if you wish

:)

But who tells lies?

All of them?

Without penalty.
It's not about the parties it's about the voters.
Dumb voters get dumb politicians.
As far as a free society, tell me when you get to choose if you pay tax.

I just feel that unless you take advantage of your vote you can't complain...about anything about our society.

Last edited:

Bad Horse

Petfood
Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019 Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Steph Chiocci 2017
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Nah. I'm stubborn. I'm going to continue to use it incorrectly.

Then it becomes a pony vote. And then the apocalypse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back