Oppo Camp Carlton worst season in 122 years: The Evil of Patrick Cripps...

I love seeing Carlton lose

• Yes

Votes: 199 90.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 91 41.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The worst part about the home & away season being over is that we don't get to enjoy Carlton getting smashed every week

Is this Carlton's worst ever season barrackers?
In terms of just 2 wins it equals 1897 and 1901, but both of those seasons were shorter at 14 games and 17 games.

In terms of percentage 2018 is their fourth worst only surpassed by 1901 (47%), 1898 (49.5) and 1897 (51).

2018 knocks 1899 (60) and 1900 (63) down a rung. After that there’s a heap of “modern” seasons.

How do you manage to tank it so hard you lose to Adelaide, who aren't making finals, and have very little motivation to even beat the Bloose let alone slaughter them Conin style and fornicate with their corpse, on your home deck?

I thought yeah, seventy points at most, Carlton have the spoon and the pick sewn up. But how easy have teams beaten this rabble by hundred plus this year? I am astonished, and I feel a little nauseous seeing this side go about it.

I have had the revelation that they are a horrible football team. Forget what King said. Meet the team making Fitzroy look like millionaires.

It a great day today, birds are singing in the rain, we are in the top four and the blouse are where they should be, yes.

According to my Carlolololton mate, theyre picking up Fas, shiel and McGovern this year.
And all without having to use pick one.

I asked him if he’d realised the paper Bag facility at visy had shut down.

I offered him a bet involving a bottle of some nice Japanese whisky that it wouldn’t happen. Needless to say, he didn’t accept.

I did tell him we had lynch sewn up, and he was quick to offer me a bet of 2 nice bottles of whisky. I agreed.

So at this stage I’m going to have 4 new bottles of Japanese whisky to add to my collection this year. Already won 2 off a silly geelong supporter who thyought we’d end up lower than the cats.

Last edited:
VM9hr7H8lpju2lqYWFrW0MwQJ3KutJJm3cv5SEwki9AGRnHdx6U-Og01Q0p4vPvsxR6SAQVlbWrxbqtuAKE4lKt17toijYHtw-CoW-rXa3o8AA=w384-h270-nc

Going into Rd. 23 Adelaide's biggest win of the year was by just 55 points (against Carlton). If they hadn't bettered that it would have been their "lowest ever biggest win" in any season (in 2002 their best win was by 56 points). Then along came The Blues and a 104 point massacre!

Carlton fought like mad against us in both games this year but just weren't good enough to beat us, yet they were (seemingly) prepared to not even try against the Crows in the final game of the season. Annoying really! Perhaps they wanted to remove any doubt that may have been in the AFL's minds about whether or not they needed priority picks!! They've probably achieved that, but I hate it when teams play like they just don't care (unless they're playing us)!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going into Rd. 23 Adelaide's biggest win of the year was by just 55 points (against Carlton). If they hadn't bettered that it would have been their "lowest ever biggest win" in any season (in 2002 their best win was by 56 points). Then along came The Blues and a 104 point massacre!

Carlton fought like mad against us in both games this year but just weren't good enough to beat us, yet they were (seemingly) prepared to not even try against the Crows in the final game of the season. Annoying really! Perhaps they wanted to remove any doubt that may have been in the AFL's minds about whether or not they needed priority picks!! They've probably achieved that, but I hate it when teams play like they just don't care (unless they're playing us)!

Can’t take the cheat out of Carlton. It’s ingrained in their dna.

Last edited:
Glory be.

Special shout out to Bolton and Silvagni.
You guys made it all possible:)

Blessed be

I don't like the idea of either getting it, especially not Gold Coast, but can accept that it's bad for everyone if certain teams are perennially hopeless (even Carlton). If extra draft picks really must be given, it might be a bit more palatable if they were 'repaid' in some way, such as forfeiting a third round pick one year and a second round pick the next year if they receive an end of first round, e.g:
Receive: 2018 end of first round
Lose: 2020 third round, 2021 second round
Just what is the problem with Carlton being "perennially hoprless" ? That is surely a cause for universal joy....

Have they hit rock bottom? Probably not, I think they can fall further

Not disagreeing with you because I thought they hit rock bottom last year ...

... But interested in what you think that looks like?

Even less than two wins?
Another sacked coach?
A scandal?
A successful board challenge?
Or ... ?

Not disagreeing with you because I thought they hit rock bottom last year ...

... But interested in what you think that looks like?

Even less than two wins?
Another sacked coach?
A scandal?
A successful board challenge?
Or ... ?
ASADA announces that they've been injecting players with performance enhancing substances this year.

Looking forward to them panicking over the off season and trying to buy ready made players again forgetting all about the first rebuild in the clubs history that Bolton keeps crapping on about

ASADA announces that they've been injecting players with performance enhancing substances this year.

If that we’re the case then Carlton should ask for their money back

Looking forward to them panicking over the off season and trying to buy ready made players again forgetting all about the first rebuild in the clubs history that Bolton keeps crapping on about

Gee, that rebuild has been going on since around 2002 - at this pace it’ll take them until next century to make finals!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back