List Mgmt. Carlton's 2018 Draft Thread (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalAlaric

All Australian
Aug 19, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
This is Part 1 of this thread.

This thread is continued in Part 2:
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/carltons-2018-draft-thread-ii.1209021/#post-58854543

==========

The season is beginning for a lot of these youngsters so I wanted to open up a thread for Carlton supporters to give their thoughts on those we should be looking at in the 2018 draft. We have several father/sons this year with Ben Silvagni, Oskar Manton, Will Hickmont, and more mature possibilities Liam Hickmont & Jake Bradley.

Our picks leading up to this years trade period are:
Carlton Blues - 1st round pick
Western Bulldogs - 2nd round pick
Adelaide Crows - 2nd round pick
Geelong Cats - 4th round pick
Carlton Blues - 5th round pick
Carlton Blues - 6th round pick

Our first pick almost guarantees us a star-in-the-making with the likes of:
Jack Lukosius (KF), Izak Rankine (HF/M), Sam Walsh (M), Max King (KF/R), Ben King (KF/KD) Jye Caldwell (M), Ian Hill (HF/M), Jack Bytel (M), and Connor Rozee (HF/M), just to name a few, who all showed promising signs last year.

With our next two picks we shall have a lot of talent to choose from so bearing in mind it's this early on... who should be on our radar for our picks and what do we need most for our side?

#inSOSwetrust

Carlton.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

At this point. Sam Walsh, kid will be a star.

Imagine Cripps, SPS, Kennedy, Fisher, Dow and Walsh as a midfield core.
Would be extremely formidable that is for sure.

I like the way this kid plays a lot. Terrific mixed bag of skills and outstanding leadership qualities.

Certain top 2 at this point for me alongside Luko.

Would be extremely formidable that is for sure.

I like the way this kid plays a lot. Terrific mixed bag of skills and outstanding leadership qualities.

Certain top 2 at this point for me alongside Luko.
[taps nose] Good thinking...

Who's this Rankine bloke everyone's banging on about? Sounds rubbish.

The season is beginning for a lot of these youngsters so I wanted to open up a thread for Carlton supporters to give their thoughts on those we should be looking at in the 2018 draft. We have several father/sons this year with Ben Silvagni, Oskar Manton, Will Hickmont, and more mature possibilities Liam Hickmont & Jake Bradley.

Our picks leading up to this years trade period are:
Carlton Blues - 1st round pick
Western Bulldogs - 2nd round pick
Adelaide Crows - 2nd round pick
Geelong Cats - 4th round pick
Carlton Blues - 5th round pick
Carlton Blues - 6th round pick

Our first pick almost guarantees us a star-in-the-making with the likes of:
Jack Lukosius (KF), Izak Rankine (HF/M), Sam Walsh (M), Max King (KF/R), Ben King (KF/KD) Jye Caldwell (M), Ian Hill (HF/M), Jack Bytel (M), and Connor Rozee (HF/M), just to name a few, who all showed promising signs last year.

With our next two picks we shall have a lot of talent to choose from so bearing in mind it's this early on... who should be on our radar for our picks and what do we need most for our side?

#inSOSwetrust

View attachment 463769

Send all the picks to GC...

We need the what they have!!

Be great to add a real damaging centerman to the mix. Think we've got good talent in defence and I think we will see things emerge up forward. I think with Gibbs gone and Murphy perhaps looking to spend less time in the center, we can only deepen our talent there further. Would be a big bonus to get another talented mid from this years draft and perhaps get a gun in the FA period at some stage.

At this point. Sam Walsh, kid will be a star.
Imagine Cripps, SPS, Kennedy, Fisher, Dow and Walsh as a midfield core.

I love what I've seen from this guy and certainly one of my favourites right now.

So what do we know right now?
Is it fair to say that these are the guys rated highest: Lukosius, Rankine, Hill, Walsh and King.
Factor in at least 3 bottom-agers to make their way into that group and fair to say we'll probably have one at our first pick.

I'd be thrilled with Walsh and more-so than some that are rated higher right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of Lukosis or Rankine at this early stage. The two SA kids.

I lean towards the latter personally. He'd be a weapon with Cripps and Kennedy getting the ball to him. Can also get it himself. Watch his highlights video. Its the best one I've seen. Period.

In either event we end up with a gun mobile KPF or gun Mid/ HFF (plus hopefully at least one of our 2 x 2nd round picks comes on). In 2019 we bring in a gun F/A mid (Shiel?) and throw our 2019 and 2020 1sts on the table to trade in a second gun mid (Lachie Neale is my current front-runner, and is OOC next year).

A midfield rotation of Cripps, Kennedy, Dow, [Shiel, Neale, Lukosis], SPS. All highly damging mids, who can win plenty of their own ball.

That said, I reckon we would take Lukosis if on the board at our pick, and then take the two ready made mids via trade and F/A in 2019.

Option 2 is to trade our likely top 5 pick to the Crows for their 2 x 1sts, and change (upgrading our 2nd?). This lets them grab one of those SA boys. They would overpay for the privilege.

Lot of water under the bridge to go yet.

“A midfield rotation of Cripps, Kennedy, Dow, [Shiel, Neale, Lukosis], SPS. All highly damging mids, who can win plenty of their own ball.”
Isn’t Lukosius a KPF?

So hard to judge who i want in particular as its very rare that the names talked about 12 months out end up being the same names read out in the top 5 come draft night.

In saying that, who i want and who we should pick up will depend a lot on how Charlie goes this year. If he develops in to a Fyfe type or looks like he is heading that way then I'm open to a tall. If he plays predominantly forward and looks like that is his main position then I'm all about the best mid that suits our needs.

Feel that our most pressing need before viewing the 2018 season is another hybrid inside/outside ball-winning midfielder with elite skills, speed and line-breaking ability.

Basically another Paddy Dow type to round out the core of our midfield before free agency becomes a consideration.

Rankine + developing contested ability would be great.

Feel that our most pressing need before viewing the 2018 season is another hybrid inside/outside ball-winning midfielder with elite skills, speed and line-breaking ability.

Basically another Paddy Dow type to round out the core of our midfield before free agency becomes a consideration.

Rankine + developing contested ability would be great.
561555-tlslargeportrait.jpg

:(

Some amazing talent coming through at the end of the year

IMHO, Lukosius, without a doubt.

As HARKER mentioned, had an outstanding game the other day, playing CHB and wing

Whoever has the number 1 pick, should select this kid

June 2017: Lukosius......then daylight.
Sep 2017: Lukosius.....then daylight
Feb 25 2018: Lukosius......then daylight

with a great pack trying to run him down by November......but byjeezus they'll be panting if they catch him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back